• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the relationship where they have been planting seeds literally for the same amount of time as Jeff Annie is weird, and the father/daughter one is NORMAL?

Ha. Nailed it. Especially given the number of moments in the series where we see Troy's underlying sense of decency and budding maturity.

So the relationship where they have been planting seeds literally for the same amount of time as Jeff Annie is weird, and the father/daughter one is NORMAL?

Not that I find either relationship objectionable, but Jeff/Annie was planted all the way back in Season 1, I don't recall any hints of Troy/Britta until Remedial Chaos Theory.

Troy and Britta getting together is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting than Jeff/Annie. The two hottest stars hooking up? OMG, never saw that one coming! But Britta and Troy is exciting. Not to mention they have great chemistry when they do get paired up (doesn't happen often enough).

From season one, where they're both hiding that they're taking a dance class.

Oh, that. I don't recall reading anything romantic into that, it just seemed like another case of two characters being paired up for a one-off plot, like Britta and Pierce with the hypnotism. Troy and Annie was the pairing I recall from season one.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Community got a 1.4 rating last night (3.18m viewers) (up from 1.3 last week).
30 Rock got a 1.4 with 3.04m viewers
The office got a 2.1 with 4.35m viewers

From Reddit

w5ixX.jpg
Fucking perfect.

big ander

He and Abed looked at each other and grinned.

I watched again.

Troy looks over the whole group as they sit down. He looks at the screen and smiles, knowing he's helped Britta out a lot. Britta looks forward at Troy without Troy knowing. She turns to Annie, who nods. Britta smirks and turns back towards Troy/the screen. Jeff and Annie look at each other and smile. Troy and Abed look at each other, then everyone looks at the screen.

So he did smile at abed, but that wasn't my main point in the slightest: My point was that Troy knows Britta knows.

I watched again.

Troy looks over the whole group as they sit down. He looks at the screen and smiles, knowing he's helped Britta out a lot. Britta looks forward at Troy without Troy knowing. She turns to Annie, who nods. Britta smirks and turns back towards Troy/the screen. Jeff and Annie look at each other and smile. Troy and Abed look at each other, then everyone looks at the screen.

So he did smile at abed, but that wasn't my main point in the slightest: My point was that Troy knows Britta knows.

It wasn't until Annie confirmed it was Troy that Brita *knew* knew though... and Troy didn't look at her after that. All Troy knows is that Brita knows it was "the group" texting her, but not that it was him specifically that sent the last message.

Canuck76

Banned
Troy and Britta getting together is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting than Jeff/Annie. The two hottest stars hooking up? OMG, never saw that one coming! But Britta and Troy is exciting. Not to mention they have great chemistry when they do get paired up (doesn't happen often enough).

Uhhh not to frigging get into this but Annie and Jeff just don't seem right for each other. Jeff see's Annie as exploitable while Annie is too star struck b Jeff to realize his flaws.

Troy and Brita just seem like they would enjoy life together and balance each other.

God why do i care about a relationship on a frigging show, screw me

Uhhh not to frigging get into this but Annie and Jeff just don't seem right for each other. Jeff see's Annie as exploitable while Annie is too star struck b Jeff to realize his flaws.

Troy and Brita just seem like they would enjoy life together and balance each other.

God why do i care about a relationship on a frigging show, screw me

It's OK, I think you're supposed to. Think of the millions of morons who gave a hoot about Ross and Rachel. :lol

And yes, the Jeff/Annie thing isn't right, it's the one predictable road the show has gone down and it's just wrong.

Dmax3901

I loved this latest episode. I don't think I've ever not enjoyed an ep of Community, but this is the first one in a while where I was laughing out loud.

Quick

Banned
the parts with the Dean was hilarious.

This is the second time (I think) that the Dean made an appearance outside of Greendale. I like how he just pops up, and it was barely brought up besides the occasional "Dean, what are you doing here?" ("Ouch!")

I want to see more of the Dean away from school. :lol

Canuck76

Banned
This is the second time (I think) that the Dean made an appearance outside of Greendale. I like how he just pops up, and it was barely brought up besides the occasional "Dean, what are you doing here?" ("Ouch!")

What was his excuse to just show up there?

Shaneus

Kiss From a Rose <3

Also, I loved the "I'm into trains now". (I assume that was the double meaning?)

Rico

Really enjoyed the most recent episode. Pierce and Chang as best friends were hilarious. Loved the whole Britta story too and all the comments about the "Blade" movie. Definitely a favorite of this season so far for me.

Yesterday i finished a rewatch of S1 and S2, and the show is definitely going downwards in quality every season so far. Of course, a bad Community episode is still much better than 90% of all comedy out there, so its not that bad. But S1 had something magical that is lacking in parts of S2 and especially most of S3.

Lkr

man, those Pierce/Chang segments seemed super forced...

Shit was just bizarre, and not in a good way.

that is what made it funny...

dean, what are you doing here?!

i thought last week's episode was one of the best in the show's history, could not stop laughing. this one was pretty good

JDSN

Banned
First episode that ive seen that feels like the older seasons of Community, also Annie´s boobs hell yeah. I wish Goodman wasnt so underutilized.

decent episode. something about the show has seemed subpar since the break though. it's making me sad :( i hope it's just my imagination and that i appreciate them more on repeat watches.

I concur. Somethings off, maybe its timing or something but it doesn't feel the same. I've pretty much loved every episode ever and thought the writers were firing on all cylinders for the past 3 years but the last few eps were tonally off...I guess...

Still great but different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom