• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Remake For XBLA only right now

Jasoco

Banned
I just want to beat-em-up!

Also, I could never figure out how to do that move where you throw the enemies at the screen. Which was required for the first Shredder battle. It always came down to my friend and I randomly winning because we randomly did it right enough.

What the fuck was the combo for that move? I'm watching a video and the guy does it right every time, so it's obviously not random!

Blizzard

Banned
kurahadol said:
Oh gaf....

If you're suggesting this girl is NOT attractive and you are straight, then I suggest you report for reprogramming. If you're making fun of people who don't find Jessica Simpson attractive, then eh, I hardly even know who Jessica Simpson is. =P

LM4sure

Banned
Jasoco said:
I just want to beat-em-up!

Also, I could never figure out how to do that move where you throw the enemies at the screen. Which was required for the first Shredder battle. It always came down to my friend and I randomly winning because we randomly did it right enough.

What the fuck was the combo for that move? I'm watching a video and the guy does it right every time, so it's obviously not random!

Didn't you have to push back and the throw button at the same time once you grabbed your opponent?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I have the following requests:

- Keep the bonus levels from the SNES (especially the Shredder fight)
- Use the boss death animations from the arcade version (Baxter keels over instead of exploding)
- re-tune Skull and Crossbones so that you have to defeat both bosses like the Technodrome boss battle before Shredder
- Take Slash out of Prehistoric Turtlesaurus and put the mud monster from the arcade back in.
- Make Neon Night Riders longer. It's way too short as it is.
- New bosses!

3D? Eww. They should have gone with hand drawn graphics.

Minsc said:
Are you nuts? The look of these shots is perfect, 3D will be so much better for this type of game. Plus, it gives them the ability to do some really sweet stuff if they make a XBLA sequel.

I disagree. IMO these types of games just "feel" better with sprites.

Sophia

How depressing. It's being based off the arcade game, and not the superior SNES version.

Oh well, I'm still hyped.

MisterHero

Wii Virtual Arcade or No Sale

3483908588_2afc5f251c.jpg

:eek:

:O

I WANT THAT

:lol at the haters. If you don't like 3D then don't buy this game and move about your business. The original game is still around, just play that instead.

Would still be awesome if they include the original like they did with R-Type Dimensions

Edit:
Marrshu said:
How depressing. It's being based off the arcade game, and not the superior SNES version.

Oh...oh fuck...no. Didn't catch that part. Fuck.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Marrshu said:

So wait, that means no Shredder POV boss...

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Kickass remake of one of the best beat'em-ups ever and some fuckers still find a way to complain.

Shut your damn whore mouths!

FUCK YEAH! The boss song in that game was so freaking good.

Sophia

thetrin said:
So wait, that means no Shredder POV boss...

No Shredder POV Boss, no superior attack system (In the arcade version, throws are random...) , no Rat King (The level is there, but the boss is not), no Bebop and Rocksteady, no Slash (Cement Man instead), and no Super Shredder (You only fight regular at the end.)

I really hope they end up taking the best of both versions, and not simply have it be a 3-D remake of the arcade with online play. :(

Minsc

Gold Member
Marrshu said:
No Shredder POV Boss, no superior attack system (In the arcade version, throws are random...) , no Rat King (The level is there, but the boss is not), and Bebop and Rocksteady, no Slash (Cement Man instead), and no Super Shredder (You only fight regular at the end.)

Hmm... well that's a bit of a downer.

thetrin

Marrshu said:
No Shredder POV Boss, no superior attack system (In the arcade version, throws are random...) , no Rat King (The level is there, but the boss is not), and Bebop and Rocksteady, no Slash (Cement Man instead), and no Super Shredder (You only fight regular at the end.)

Yep, I remember all of those changes.

Look at the bright side, though. NO SLASH

Apenheul

How much do the arcade and SNES version differ for Turtles in Time in terms of gameplay / pacing? TMNT 2: The Arcade on XBLA was a huge letdown for me because everything felt like a significant downgrade compared to the NES version: less enemies, less levels, and terrible controls amongst others. If it's the same with TiT XBLA I'll wait for the VC version (if it ever comes).

Marrshu said:

I really hope they end up taking the best of both versions, and not simply have it be a 3-D remake of the arcade with online play. :(

No sale if all those things are missing.

thetrin

Aru said:
Isn't the original already available on XLA ?

No. You're thinking of the first TMNT arcade game.

Sophia

There's no guarantee all those WILL be missing. I'm just stating what was different from the SNES and Arcade version. For all anyone knows it could be the best of both versions. It's still in Alpha, after all.

donny2112

Marrshu said:

So you're saying if they release this and a VC Turtles in Time, ...

I want the Turtles arcade game on VCA, too. The one where it starts out in a burning building, IIRC.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Guys, this is most likely being done like many other arcade ports: with the option to go back and forth between 2D and 3D through the options screen on the title screen or on the fly in the pause screen.

Meaning I think it will be like most arcade ports in that you have the option to "skin" the game with the new 3D graphics.

And because of that, it will NOT include any of the SNES exclusive stages. Because otherwise, they would need to mix in those SNES stages with the arcade stage, both of which are different graphically (not enough, but they are from what I remember) and the sound qualtiy is different on both.

So I'm 95% positive it's a straight up port with the ability to skin the game in 3D (or rather skin it in 2D -- 3D will probably be the default).

I kind of hope I'm wrong that it's a full 3D remake mixing the two games (which would most liekly mean no 2D option, sadly).

Freaking incredible!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! My favorite beat-up and and one of the best SNES games is coming to XBLA!!!

The new art style from that screen looks great, really cool. Glad to hear its the arcade version instead of the SNES even though I love my pirate Bebop and Rocksteady. Can you imagine what Neon Night Riders will look like?!?! OMG ALL OVER MY FACE!

EDIT:I forgot the SNES edition added content. I want the SNES version, but I love the arcade NNR level, can I have both? :(

thetrin

Relaxed Muscle said:
No sale if all those things are missing.

The only thing the arcade version has over the SNES version is the animation, and the game is being completely redone graphically. :|

MisterAnderson said:
Turtles in Time isn't on XBLA, TMNT 2 (right?) is. It's the first beatem' up turtles game if I'm not mitaken.

TMNT and TiT are only called TMNT 2 and TMNT 4 respectively on console.

Classic_Gs said:
Freaking incredible!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! My favorite beat-up and and one of the best SNES games is coming to XBLA!!!

The new art style from that screen looks great, really cool. Glad to hear its the arcade version instead of the SNES even though I love my pirate Bebop and Rocksteady. Can you imagine what Neon Night Riders will look like?!?! OMG ALL OVER MY FACE!

Why are you glad it's the arcade version? No Shredder POV, no deep throw system, no 3D Neon Night Riders. (NNR is side scrolling in the arcade version)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
thetrin said:
The only thing the arcade version has over the SNES version is the animation, and the game is being completely redone graphically. :|

eh? TURTLES IN TIME was totally called just that on snes.

and i'm not worried about this. they released tmnt 2: the arcade game on wii v.c. (the nes version), so it follows that they'll eventually release the snes TURTLES IN TIME. i'll just snag that, if all else fails.

bumpkin

GDGF said:
I wonder if the Wii version will be based on the Arcade (like the XBOX version is apparently) or the SNES version.

I want my Bebop and Rocksteady, dammit!
Well, they could just release the SNES game on the Virtual Console. I'm with the folks who are hoping against hope that it has an "original 2D" mode. I mean hell, R-Type Dimensions had it and it was even on-the-fly. We know it's possible.

thetrin

beelzebozo said:
eh? TURTLES IN TIME was totally called just that on snes.

Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_4_Turtles_in_Time_SNES_ScreenShot1.jpg

Aru said:
Okay.
The only TMNT game I've played is Hyperstone Heist on Megadrive, which was really awesome.

Hyperstone Heist copies stages from Turtles in Time and adds a couple of its own.

thetrin said:

Why are you glad it's the arcade version? No Shredder POV, no deep throw system, no 3D Neon Night Riders. (NNR is side scrolling in the arcade version)
Crap I forgot about that!

HiResDes

Flying_Phoenix said:
3D? Eww. They should have gone with hand drawn graphics.

I disagree. IMO these types of games just "feel" better with sprites.
I think Cell-shaded could be kind of cool, but now I'm much more bummed that it is being based of the arcade version...
At this point I'd rather have them remake the old X-Men arcade game for XBLA, which would be much radder.

LiK

thetrin said:
Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_4_Turtles_in_Time_SNES_ScreenShot1.jpg

Hyperstone Heist copies stages from Turtles in Time and adds a couple of its own.

mmm, still have my SNES copy with box and manual in mint condition. one of my fave SNES games of all time :D

GQman2121

Banned
Struct09 said:
Call me crazy, but I'm going to wait for a press release before assuming what is and isn't in the game.

So are you saying that you don't believe the rumor that I'm attempting to start right now, that Casey Jones and Splinter are playable exclusive characters in the PSN version?

Top Bottom