• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hmm everyone ~rank 7-9 just seems to be playing minion-spam decks. 2x Volcanic Potion 2x Flamestrike here we gooo...

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I played against the weirdest dragon priest deck at rank 11 in wild. Double MC tech, mind control, friendly bartender, a few other weird inclusions. Could have been an ultra budget I guess but he had double drak op and twilight guardian.

Always hard to play around decks that contain random cards though.

I played against the weirdest dragon priest deck at rank 11 in wild. Double MC tech, mind control, friendly bartender, a few other weird inclusions. Could have been an ultra budget I guess but he had double drak op and twilight guardian.

Always hard to play around decks that contain random cards though.

Well, I mean, Dragonpriest is Budget(as in the only non-adventure legend is Ysera and even some decks don't run her) for Wild. When Dude Paladin runs 4~Legendaries (Tirion, Trueheart,Ragnaros, Tarim), Reno Priest runs at least 2(Kazakus and Sylvanas),etc, I think Dragon Priest is right up there with Pirate Warrior for "Budget Wild Decks"

I mean, the changes he added make little sense, but I can see someone not owning Karazhan and trying to make it work. Did they at least have Netherspite Historians?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Well, I mean, Dragonpriest is Budget(as in the only non-adventure legend is Ysera and even some decks don't run her) for Wild. When Dude Paladin runs 4~Legendaries (Tirion, Trueheart,Ragnaros, Tarim), Reno Priest runs at least 2(Kazakus and Sylvanas),etc, I think Dragon Priest is right up there with Pirate Warrior for "Budget Wild Decks"

I mean, the changes he added make little sense, but I can see someone not owning Karazhan and trying to make it work. Did they at least have Netherspite Historians?

He did use historians. And nefarian. That was what was so weird. It felt budget but I think it was just a bad deck because he built it poorly. He also had the healing guy that heals based on how many minions your opponent has.

I like that about wild. I lose to those kinds of decks all the time and just yell at the ridiculousness of it and have a pretty good time at it.

Matched up against a Quest Rogue.

Turn 1 Quest + Prep + Mimic Pod.

Turn 2 Swashburglar + Shadowstep + Swashburglar + Shadowstep + Swashburglar + Coin + Youthful Brewmaster

Again, I ask, how do you guys still play this trash?

If he doesn't have his second prep he has to wait until turn 5 to play the quest?

I'm finding it hard to rank up this month. Keep hanging around rank 18. Token shaman isn't doing it for me. I can never seem to get optimal draws and find it hard to punch through all the taunts and big minions out there.

I even keep losing to hunters. Devolve and maelstrom on curve isn't enough.

Pooya

Will this change affect welcome bundle? I still don't have prophet velen, the only one I don't have and still haven't bought welcome bundle on this account.

scarlet

eCGj7d1.jpg

Priest's worst nightmare.

KLoWn

How do I copy a deck? There's supposed to be a "copy" option when hovering over the hero portrait, but I don't have one.

What am I doing wrong?

*Edit*
Nvm. Figured it out.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Why is C'Thun allowed back into my opponent's deck when my Shaman transformed it into a frog and destroyed it? C'Thun was removed from the game, it shouldn't return.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Why is C'Thun allowed back into my opponent's deck when my Shaman transformed it into a frog and destroyed it? C'Thun was removed from the game, it shouldn't return.
yeah, that doesn't seem right. what put it back into the deck, doomcaller?

Oh man, almost to rank 1. I'm really pushing to get legendary this month for my first time, but the grind is real.

That shouldn't happen.

My favorite thing about C'thun is that it gets buffed even if it's not in your deck. In the tempo mage days I got a 9/9 C'thun when a druid mulched a minion

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Cthun still appears to be buffed after transformation. Did he actually play another one?

He never got the chance to play it again, but I noticed it was getting buffed up the very next turn when he played some minions.

yeah, that doesn't seem right. what put it back into the deck, doomcaller

If I turned it into a frog and destroyed it, Doomcaller shouldn't return it to the deck. I'm puzzled as to how it just showed up again the very next turn.

He never got the chance to play it again, but I noticed it was getting buffed up the very next turn when he played some minions.

If I turned it into a frog and destroyed it, Doomcaller shouldn't return it to the deck. I'm puzzled as to how it just showed up again the very next turn.

That happens because you can still get it off of mulch or Atiesh

fertygo

I overall don't get why Blizzard likes overstatted 1 drops with insane effects so much. Talk about snowballing.

they don't like it anymore, they already said not gonna print card like Tunnel Trogg again

Unfortunately Mana Wyrm still exist

so i totally skipped sir flnley in my egg druid , still went 15-5 recorded break to rank 5 tho, and was just as good on my mobile games, i guess it would've helped but egg still OP living mana is flat out nuts addition just wins every game against face warrior, hunters, and gives comeback. shit innervate + SR after a mana turn where they just avoid them to deny your pool completely wrecks games

### SCRAMBLED PIRATES
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 1x (1) Dragon Egg
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Living Roots
# 2x (1) Mark of the Lotus
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 2x (2) Haunted Creeper
# 2x (2) Mark of Y'Shaarj
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 2x (3) Savage Roar
# 2x (4) Jeeves
# 2x (4) Soul of the Forest
# 2x (5) Living Mana
#
AAEBAZICAuYRkbwCDv4B/QL3A+YF5Qf1DfoNjhDoFcGrAs27AobBAuTCAuvCAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

is evolve spores that good? in some cases it beats SOTF but if you innervate SOTF out fast on a board full of cheap drops it just wins the game so consistently

Fewr

Sigh... and so, the pack opening drought begins..
Given that many many people will postpone opening packs until the update, I hope that will be an incentive for them to hurry.

TankUP

Given that many many people will postpone opening packs until the update, I hope that will be an incentive for them to hurry.

I doubt the majority of the playerbase even knows this is happening. The casual mobile users who play on the toilet or their lunch breaks.

I've been destroying priests with bright eyed ramp druid. Deck is so much fun.

It's great to pull off 13 armor earthen scales against aggro as well.

Beckx

i haven't bought into Un'Goro yet (other than gold), so i'm still planning on grabbing some when this extra packs promotion goes live. i assume that's the intended effect, haha

When does the promotion go live, anyway?

TankUP

Is that substantiated somewhere? I'd love to read about it. Often with games like this your top 5% of players account for 50% or more of revenue.

If you agree with me that the vast majority of the mobile audience is casual, and that the hardcore/whale playerbase is on desktop, it's clear that this is true.

The game has 70 million registered accounts. The casuals vastly outnumber the whales, so even though a whale might be spending 5k to get a fully golden collection, the hundreds of thousands of players spending a couple bucks on arena runs and buying packs now and then generate more revenue.

Hearthstone is estimated to make $43K/day from mobile users.

http://toucharcade.com/2015/07/22/hearthstone-mobile-earnings-surpass-desktop/

https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/14007/hearthstone-heroes-of-warcraft/

Is that substantiated somewhere? I'd love to read about it. Often with games like this your top 5% of players account for 50% or more of revenue.

There aren't many games like this imo. I think you're quoting some shitty EA f2p game who think they figured out how f2p works well before anyone really figured out how f2p works.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Is the no duplicate cards out of packs change retroactive? Damn, I shouldn't have opened the last packs.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wyrm for me.

Cleric can die without doing anything or the opponent can kill him- or herself by going full Northshire. Harder to play around your opponent throwing spells at you though Wyrm can die without doing anything, too.

I don't follow the Hearthstone meta or scene or w/e but why would they nerf wyrm when I rarely ever see mage at Ranks 8-12 at least, just a ton of druids. I don't even think mage would be remotely viable w/o wyrm.

wiibomb

I don't follow the Hearthstone meta or scene or w/e but why would they nerf wyrm when I rarely ever see mage at Ranks 8-12 at least, just a ton of druids. I don't even think mage would be remotely viable w/o wyrm.

wait what?? mages are on top of the meta, they are all over the place... or may be they are already higher...

Taunt Warriors everywhere. Why can't it be Pirate; at least the games are shorter.

Otherwise you just end up losing to RNG: two Brawls where the opponent keeps his one minion and you lose all of yours, and Rag always hitting the biggest minion you have.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just played a dragon priest who played Rend Blackhand and the 9/9 if below 15 health dragon but not blackwing corruptor.

I just don't understand.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
wait what?? mages are on top of the meta, they are all over the place... or may be they are already higher...

"I don't follow the Hearthstone meta or scene or w/e" just going based off what I've been playing going from starting rank to 8 the past week or so

Grief.exe

Should I start saving my coins for that upcoming pack special?

vSwXqac.png

EDIT: Just remembered, you can only buy packs one at a time with coins!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Should I start saving my coins for that upcoming pack special?

You can't buy pack bundles with coins. Unless you mean the new legendary rules, then yes definitely.

Just played a dragon reno mage at rank 9. The wild meta isn't usually this diverse at this rank. Nice to see.

Top Bottom