• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen Titans Go! Premier... Internet cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

So I just saw the first episode. It was okay.

My buddies two kids loved it. You know, the target audience.

Then we played Injustice and I kicked the everloving shit out of Cyborg and Raven, much to their horror.

BOOYAH

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
No, Slade actually showed up, fought alot and even failed sometimes.
The Light was one big setup to lead to season 2 plot which was yet again another ploy to go into season 3.
none of them even did much outside of Lex.

Im talking tactics & combat skill of Robin.

what exactly did slade do other than make robin paranoid and make tera betray her friends? he has fighting skills, but he was in the same school as the light when it came to plans that lead to nothing.

and while ill give you combat, ill disagree on the tactics.

PBalfredo

Everyone who says Teen Titans ended on a cliffhanger completely missed the point of the final episode.

So I just saw the first episode. It was okay.

My buddies two kids loved it. You know, the target audience.

Then we played Injustice and I kicked the everloving shit out of Cyborg and Raven, much to their horror.

BOOYAH

The real question is why are they using Teen Titans for that target audience? Doesn't it make more sense to grow the franchise with the audience, much like Harry Potter did, rather than repackage it to appeal to a younger audience that doesn't know anything about the old series?

ReiGun

The real question is why are they using Teen Titans for that target audience? Doesn't it make more sense to grow the franchise with the audience, much like Harry Potter did, rather than repackage it to appeal to a younger audience that doesn't know anything about the old series?
Because that's the reason Teen Titans - and really, teen superheroes in general - exists: to appeal to youngins. All the better if you already have a familiar brand.

Parallax

Because that's the reason Teen Titans - and really, teen superheroes in general - exists: to appeal to youngins. All the better if you already have a familiar brand.

then why not establish a new brand with new teen heroes? its not like dc doesnt have a fuck ton of them. im not much of a fan of the titans cartoon anymore, but i can understand how fans could be upset at this

ReiGun

then why not establish a new brand with new teen heroes? its not like dc doesnt have a fuck ton of them. im not much of a fan of the titans cartoon anymore, but i can understand how fans could be upset at this

That's what "Young Justice" was but CN and Mattel sunk that ship. So now DC's gotta rely on old faithful.

Same old song with DC franchises: things don't go right when we try new shit, so we resort to using the same old shit. And as "Legion of Superheroes" showed (and "Beware the Batman" is about to show) they can't even do new shit with the old shit. Cause ultimately, some is going to go wrong.

jwk94

Beast Boy finds a schoolgirl who looks exactly like Terra, but she claims that she isn't her, and we never get a clear answer on if it really wasn't Terra or if she just had amnesia or something.

Pretty sure that was terra. There was a part where her and BB were sitting and drinking some juice. Then BB started hammering in the "You're Terra" talk and she got frustrated a little and the ice in her drink started moving.

Parallax

That's what "Young Justice" was but CN and Mattel sunk that ship. So now DC's gotta rely on old faithful.

Same old song with DC franchises: things don't go right when we try new shit, so we resort to using the same old shit. And as "Legion of Superheroes" showed (and "Beware the Batman" is about to show) they can't even do new shit with the old shit. Cause ultimately, some is going to go wrong.

but theyve never attempted a retooling like this. the designs, and voices are all the same from the previus titans series. i wouldnt be suprised to see terra show up again

and legion got screwed plain and simple. which is a damn shame

xenist

Everyone who says Teen Titans ended on a cliffhanger completely missed the point of the final episode.

Because comics don't do that. How successful would a middle aged Spider Man be? Or a septuagenarian Batman? No mainstream comic book property grows with the audience.

Vice

Because comics don't do that. How successful would a middle aged Spider Man be? Or a septuagenarian Batman? No mainstream comic book property grows with the audience.

Spider-Man is getting pretty close to that age in comics time.

ReiGun

The Teen Titans did, albeit in comic book time.

titans-fabfive.jpg

High school.

ntt1.jpg

College age.

titans1.jpg

Grown ass men and women.

It's one of the coolest things about the franchise really, getting to follow these characters and watch them grow up. It really added to the sense of legacy and history the DCU had until they took all the "your characters are too old!" criticism to heart and make everyone young. "Young Justice" tried to replicate that, but stuffed the landing when it gave season two so many damn characters. But with TT, I could see it being a little easier to make work: if you follow the original's structure, you have five cast members with the occasional guess star.

"classic"

I laugh heartily. This implies CN Teen Titans was ever good.

It was.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The Teen Titans did, albeit in comic book time.

titans-fabfive.jpg

High school.

ntt1.jpg

College age.

titans1.jpg

Grown ass men and women.

It's one of the coolest things about the franchise really, getting to follow these characters and watch them grow up. It really added to the sense of legacy and history the DCU had until they took all the "your characters are too old!" criticism to heart and make everyone young.

Fuck Nu52.

what exactly did slade do other than make robin paranoid and make tera betray her friends? he has fighting skills, but he was in the same school as the light when it came to plans that lead to nothing.

and while ill give you combat, ill disagree on the tactics.
But the light never actually failed, Darkseid was their objective from the very start which they accomplished.
Slade being more personal also plays into it.

IDK, opinions.
Kid watches a show. Kid thinks Katana is cool. Kid buys toy.

That simple. Of course, it's all moot, since they're apparently just gonna just burn through the episodes and never give the show a chance.
Well yes but its more about the toy company knowing that character will sell enough to cover the mould price.
Brave and the Bold line for example they never made a single female character.

But the light never actually failed, Darkseid was their objective from the very start which they accomplished.
Slade being more personal also plays into it.

IDK, opinions.

I agree with you tbh. YJ season 2 only became exciting in the last 5 episodes, it was seriously moving slow with the plot beforehand. Many episodes felt like fillers with an ending speech from vandal savage as to why the light have won again. Also even though the show was called YJ it just annoyed me how useless the JLA were. Like Cpt. atom and Marvel were just fucking retarded at times.

Plus that last episode....So bad, even if there was a season 3 planned. I also think bringing Darkseid into this was stupid, but that's beside the point.

At least TT was kind of consistent, simple yes but i could appreciate it. IDK i did watch it when I was about 11. Brain, Trigon and Slade were awesome because they were each given their own series in which they could reign terror or whatever and they all eventually failed. Out of the light we only ever saw Lex or Vandal take serious action im sure I counted at least 7 more mebers who literally did nothing but smile.

but yeah opinions.

Why the hell is Raven playing with ponies? I really liked the original TT, and i was hoping for a similar show. Fuck this, at least i still have my TMNT and Max Steel.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Original was so great. I saw the first episode today and couldn't stomach the style and overall changes they did to the characters. I mean Raven watching and playing with ponies? Wtf.

Why the hell is Raven playing with ponies? I really liked the original TT, and i was hoping for a similar show. Fuck this, at least i still have my TMNT and Max Steel.
Because her voice actress is Tara Strong who is the most popular MLP voice actor, I think.
inside joke for Tumblr fangirls I guess

every Q&A I have seen of her for every 1 Raven/Bubbles/Batgirl/Harley etc question or fan there seems to be for 10 MLP.
Stupid but whatever.

Slayven

Cause they are going to make a big boy series for Superboy and the Ravers.

superboy-and-the-ravers-15.jpg

Village

They canceled Megas XLR Young Justice for this?

I like how they got Terra Strong to do the entirety of the MLP joke.

Anyways Its cute, I do not think its for us, I don't think Young Justice should have been canceled.

Seda

I never thought that Teen Titans was great, but it definitely had it's moments. I didn't care for that 5th season at all.

Fey

Banned
I liked Teen Titans so was pretty excited for this when I heard about it.

NOT what I was expecting at all. >__>

-Horizon-

They canceled Megas XLR Young Justice for this?

I like how they got Terra Strong to do the entirety of the MLP joke.

Anyways Its cute, I do not think its for us, I don't think Young Justice should have been canceled.
Why did you have to remind me of Megas? ;-;

Really, they could have done Super Best Friends instead.

Why aren't they doing Super Best Friends instead? :(

Costume without the jacket would be baller. Deal.

If it means I can keep endorsing Best Batgirl and hating on bomber jackets, you can have it!
Yes I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a SBFF show. So great and they can SELL merchandise. What a fucked up world we live in where TT Go ison air. I don't want to be a part of it anymore.....

Brickhunt

Cartoon writers and producers know very well that most shows can only get to 52 episodes. Very rare are the occasions that show gets past 52, and that's really stellar shows that got to become very popular and don't cost that much . At best, they get a sequel series. Teen Titans ran its time and it had nothing to do with CN's internal politics.

Green Lantern was criminally killed for having only one season, it deserved at least a Season 2. Young Justice, in contrast, ended with 46 episodes. A much better situation, but it should had at least 6 episodes that could be used to flesh out characters (although I doubt they would changed the BS Darkseid ending). That said, I haven't lost my faith in sequel the form of a Justice League cartoon.

Regarding Teen Titans Go. It feels like throwing salt in the painful wound left by the cancellation of YJ and GL. I had no problem with shorts, but turning it into a half-hour cartoon seriously sucks. It's sucess could pretty much mean no action DC shows for a long time.

Necrovex

its so kawaii

am i using that word right

There is nothing kawaii about this nightmare.

I heard people were upset by the new art style, but I never expected it to become...this.

Like the other poster said, the old art style is a lot more anime inspired than this shit. Fuck, I should really rewatch the series. The show really needs to be on Netflix.

Did the original Teen Titans ever finished? I never saw what happened to that Terra girl, I know the Japan movie, felt like an ending but still.

Gorillaz

Oh fuck I remember this. I assumed they went on after that.

Pretty sure that was terra. There was a part where her and BB were sitting and drinking some juice. Then BB started hammering in the "You're Terra" talk and she got frustrated a little and the ice in her drink started moving.

Thats partly the reason why I was upset with it going off the air years ago. It ended just like that. I remember looking up stuff from the people working on the show and they said it was definitely suppose to lead to a new storyline. I think even slade came back in that episode.

Damn it's been awhile

The original series had a good run but wasn't it cut short thanks to that "Bat-embargo" that also needed JLU? Not only did The Batman suck mostly, it was allowed to impact on the DCAU.

...so am I the only one who never liked the original show or something? I thought it was really dissatisfying. Young Justice is a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom