• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Online II Open Beta and Information Thread

Ashodin

Aye sir. Completely agree... can't miss out on the sequel to the very first MMO I've ever played. I still even play RO1 from time to time!

That's exactly my feeling behind it. Even if it looks to be a WoW Clone (which some videos sort of indicate), it's still F2P and the aesthetic and the world of Ragnarok is behind it. Hell even stat allocations are in. The Khara system is pretty baller, titles and stats from achievements.

Well, so much for that. I'll be back in a week to check on the thread and the status of RO. At least they're transparent about the situation and are giving us up to the minute updates. Good on them for that!

That's exactly my feeling behind it. Even if it looks to be a WoW Clone (which some videos sort of indicate), it's still F2P and the aesthetic and the world of Ragnarok is behind it. Hell even stat allocations are in. The Khara system is pretty baller, titles and stats from achievements.

Stat and skill allocations make me happy in my pants. The game may be something of a shameless WoW clone but most reports indicate it's fun regardless.

Also, we've been waiting for the game since 2007. What's another week?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I made an account this morning, got sent home from work cause I am sick and gross, and now I can't get onto my character :(.

B00TE

I had fun with what I played in the CBT a few weeks ago. Not sure there's much there to separate it from any other MMO outside of nostalgia for the original game, but what's there seemed okay. Liked the graphics quite a bit, too. Will pop into the OBT at some point, would be fun to join up with fellow GAFfers.

Muddimar

Yeah.

And it's not even slow, sometimes it just doesn't load at all.

It has me worried about the quality of the game. The site is slow or down, EVERYDAY. Then there are a bunch of issues with installing, updating, opening the game. I dunno. I never played the first RO, but I still have interest in this one. However, this interest is slowly slipping away with all of these issues.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Officially delayed? As in doors closed?

Balls, I was able to get on and make a character earlier but then I had to go to the dentist. Got back and all bloody down again.

ScRYeD

Anybody know how long the open beta is gonna run for? Would of loved the open beta to start while I'm here in the Philippines but I guess shit happens. I can always play when I get back to Australia.

DJIzana

They did? Arent the max caps just other jobs tiers that get you to 99 again ?

I guess for 3-1 but I liked when it was just 2-1 or 2-2 max level 99.

On a side note... I managed to play RO2 for a brief moment!!!!

Then the server crashed. =(

My character name is the same as it is here, to make it easier. DJNoctis. I'm playing on channel 2 (with another friend of mine). Don't know what the rest of you Gaffers want to dedicate as an official channel but... yeah.

DJIzana

I managed to login in, create a character but I had lag and couldn't kill a single poring. ;__;
...and then crash.

They're working on a fix, according to their Facebook page.

Hi Asgardians,

We understand that a lot of you are stuck at the login screen. We would like to seek you help by exiting the game and try not to login for the time being so that our game developers can check on these issues that you are encountering.

We'll update you again in a short moment when the servers are up. Really appreciate your cooperation. Thanks and do stay tuned.

Sora_N

the launcher patched up...but the main page on the screen failed to load, lol. Man, this game..

What's supposed to happen after you click start on the launcher? It opened up another screen and then it doesn't load.

Xanathus

All of you trying to play now do realize that they're going to wipe everything when the game "officially" re-opens on Jan 3rd right?

All of you trying to play now do realize that they're going to wipe everything when the game "officially" re-opens on Jan 3rd right?
Yup. I only tried to log in out of curiosity as I haven't played any RO and to help the company stress test too.

I manage to log on few minutes ago and is the intro movie really choppy?

I'm not a fan of the default movement control, as the right click to move messes up rotating screen while using wasd.

Pulling out a sewing machine in the middle of a forest is so random and hilarious though.

And, Is the monk close to WoW Shaman?Can they off heal? I'm always a fan of hybrid class so I'm picking whatever looks closer to WoW's Hybrid classes.

And, Is the monk close to WoW Shaman?Can they off heal? I'm always a fan of hybrid class so I'm picking whatever looks closer to WoW's Hybrid classes.

Nope.

Monks can't heal, they are primarily a tank class in groups.

The only real DPS/Heal hybrid in RO2 at the minute is Sorcerer.

Have they said anything about beta characters carrying over? I can't seem to bring myself to invest time in betas anymore when I know everything will be wiped.

Ashodin

Have they said anything about beta characters carrying over? I can't seem to bring myself to invest time in betas anymore when I know everything will be wiped.

Everything will be wiped. It's helpful to stress test the servers though if you log on, to make open beta launch smoother. Open Beta itself (on the 3rd) will be no wipes, I think.

Sora_N

JDUGy.jpg

Random!

I wish the font wasn't small as hell.

yeah, i was hyped for a bit as the game loaded and my first observation was:

Holy shit, the new art style is absolutely disappointing. Even with the settings maxed out, it looked like a mess.
The artstyle looks ok to me. Look like a homage to the old RO, probably to not allienate the RO veterans.

What I hate is the shadow at max setting.
Is this really how the shadow looks at Max?

Ashodin

Yeah the shadows are pretty terrible haha. Pixelated!

I LOVE the fact that you can craft ANYWHERE. Should be in every MMO.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
my major issue so far other than the controls are people crowding the npcs. its annoying as hell. luckily, just clicking on the name helps

Ashodin

Just got Poring card! Just like old times.

How do you craft?

Hit J. you can craft anywhere!

Man there are people EVERYWHERE this is like RO when it launched LOL

oh shit I got a flip card!

shit the Khara system is cool as fuck! They are side quests that reward titles and shit! Nice!

thebert1

Neo Member
Damn, when I launch the game i hear no sound but i can create/choose a characther. Then, after loading the map it just goes back to windows... anyone with the same issue that resolved?

Top Bottom