• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Just like to point out that the witchcraft Bo-Locks is referring to which was in the news recently is Kindoki, which is actually linked to fundamentalist Christian churches in West Africa, and has nothing to to with Wicca, which is a completely separate pagan path.

Just saying.
Hence why I said "wiccan and the like". My point was just that any religious practice that doesn't harm others should be permitted and not made a question for citizenship approval.

Why was Kindoki in the news?

Bo-Locks

Just like to point out that the witchcraft Bo-Locks is referring to which was in the news recently is Kindoki, which is actually linked to fundamentalist Christian churches in West Africa, and has nothing to to with Wicca, which is a completely separate pagan path.

Just saying.

Thank you. I wasn't sure if his reply was sarcastic or not. :/

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Spring has sprung

gonna go onto the william hill website and put a tenner in my account and fuck around on the roulette, try and make enough to fund my entire night out

Hence why I said "wiccan and the like". My point was just that any religious practice that doesn't harm others should be permitted and not made a question for citizenship approval.

Why was Kindoki in the news?

Some douchebag and his girlfriend tortured her younger brother for 4 days before drowning him because they thought he was a witch. Doesn't fit in with your above statement of not harming others, hence why Bo_locks said it should be on the citizenship test.....

Kentpaul

just put a quid on the roullete.

got Main Balance :£48.04.. won 36 quid.

thats half of my night out paid for with 1 pound.

WHY IS LIFE SO FUCKING EASY?

careful with that gambling lad, easy to get sucked in these days

just won 36 quid lol

thats me like going to now get shitfaced and have a good time for free.

SmokyDave

Speechless. It's shit like this that turns people against immigration. First honour killings, now death to suspected witches. I didn't sign up for this shit in England in 2012, we have quite enough strife as it is.

During the trial, jurors heard Kristy was in such pain after three days of attacks by Bikubi and Bamu, who used knives, sticks, metal bars and a hammer and chisel, that he "begged to die", before slipping under the water.
What are 'witches' capable of that could be worse than this?

mclem

On that note, if people are fans of the radio what are everyone's favourites?

At the risk of being boringly mainstream, I keep recordings of Ken Bruce and Friday Night is Music Night to listen to at work. I can't live without PopMaster!

Kentpaul

started with 15 quid today, now at 76 quid.

I HAVE MASTERD LIFE.

the roulette lol so fucking easy.

gonny bet away the 6 quid for an even 70 quid. hopefully make over a hundred.

If not il cash out.

Bo-Locks

Speechless. It's shit like this that turns people against immigration. First honour killings, now death to suspected witches. I didn't sign up for this shit in England in 2012, we have quite enough strife as it is.

What are 'witches' capable of that could be worse than this?

Hence my original point that was too embroiled in sarcasm for its own good, why where these people allowed into the country? What can they possibly contribute to society? I seriously want to know.

SmokyDave

started with 15 quid today, now at 76 quid.

I HAVE MASTERD LIFE.

the roulette lol so fucking easy.

gonny bet away the 6 quid for an even 70 quid. hopefully make over a hundred.

If not il cash out.

Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

(That's my way of telling you to cash out NOW and close the browser).

Hence my original point that was too embroiled in sarcasm for its own good, why where these people allowed into the country? What can they possibly contribute to society? I seriously want to know.
I have no fucking idea. I think it's because we're genuinely afraid to be seen to be discriminating, even if we're discriminating against fucking nutters.

Kentpaul

Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

(That's my way of telling you to cash out NOW and close the browser).

I have no fucking idea. I think it's because we're genuinely afraid to be seen to be discriminating, even if we're discriminating against fucking nutters.

going to just spend this other 6 quid and close the site off.

Untitled.jpg

Made more in 5 minutes than i would working a days shift!

Ran into this quote today:

The peculiar island history of England produced a set of institutions that other advanced nations in Europe and Asia lacked--the common law, respect for private property, continuous representative government, a culture that nurtures civil society and entrepreneurial enterprise. It is thus no accident that the Anglosphere has excelled in innovation and economic growth and undoubtedly will continue to do so in our lifetimes.

What are your thoughts on it? Too circlejerky?

Meadows

Banned
playing ff8 when you're 20 is weird, you see how emo Squall really was.

what a little shit

and circle to access the menu? what madness was that

Kentpaul

lol just lost 15 quid.

im gonna cash out now and just enjoy my free night out!

god help me if i return to this website drunk!

SmokyDave

lol just lost 15 quid.

im gonna cash out now and just enjoy my free night out!

god help me if i return to this website drunk!

I tried telling you, man! It's all losses from here. Don't gamble again until tomorrow.

Ran into this quote today:

What are your thoughts on it? Too circlejerky?
Not circle-jerky enough. Needs more stress on how fucking great we were, are and will continue to be.

Kentpaul

Nice one Kentpaul!

Hope you enjoy those 50 notes!

Will do man, Its nice knowing when i wake up tomorrow my bank balance will not be crushed.

should have logged out when dave told me to, id have another 25 quid to blow on drinks

fuck it!

putting a tenner back in my account and going back at it. If i win again il be happy as fuck, if i loose then MEH i went out guns blazing

Fearne Cotton is a clown.

Absolutely NOTHING is attractive about her at all.

Anyway, whilst we're on the subject of Radio, I highly recommend tuning into Craig Charles Funk & Soul Show - Saturdays 7pm to 10pm 6 Music.

I usually have it on when I've got a bbq going with friends round in the summer. It's perfect for it.

Kentpaul

Aiming high folks,

put the entire 55 quid back into my account.

watch me make 500 british notes :|

POKER FACE BITCHES

Bazza

Never forget my greatest and worst online roulette session, got home from the pub and decided to check what I had on my william hill account, i had 40p and decided to have a roulette spin. Somehow I turned that into £45 only to lose it all then another £40 that I put on over the next hour or so.

Its fucking hilarious thinking back on it but it shows how random roulette really is, these days limit myself to £20 for on-line gambling (not including poker or Liverpool games) over a month.

Kentpaul

Never forget my greatest and worst online roulette session, got home from the pub and decided to check what I had on my william hill account, i had 40p and decided to have a roulette spin. Somehow I turned that into £45 only to lose it all then another £40 that I put on over the next hour or so.

Its fucking hilarious thinking back on it but it shows how random roulette really is, these days limit myself to £20 for on-line gambling (not including poker or Liverpool games) over a month.

i put 15 in my account every 2 weeks (on pay day)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I went from £20 to £320 in my first (and only) spot of internet gambling (blackjack). I backed the fuck up out of there and never went back. The beginners luck algorithm only goes so far.

Kentpaul

KNOCK KNOCK UNCLE KENTS HOME

Main Balance :£99.04

:Z P P PP P POKER FACE.

some dude won over grand at the same table, i lost about 35 before going up

Date / Time Note Transaction Amount Reference
02 Mar 12 / 13:59 Transfer in Live Dealer + £72.00 Roulette
02 Mar 12 / 13:58 Transfer out Live Dealer - £10.00 Roulette
02 Mar 12 / 13:57 Transfer out Live Dealer - £8.00 Roulette
02 Mar 12 / 13:56 Transfer out Live Dealer - £10.00 Roulette

I AM THE MAN! THE BRITISH MAN MAKING EASY CASH

don't be a div kentpaul

Sorry lol i'm letting this power go to my head.

going to bet away another 50 cause i really want to make 500 quid

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Anyone tried the British citizenship test on the Channel 4 website? It's part of the program that was on tonight about Bradford.

I failed.

63% - failed, but it is a rubbish test.

Question 9 asked "how many bank holidays are there per year in the UK" - and it says the correct answer is 4. Four? I said eight.

According to the government there is no single correct answer, because bank holidays vary around the UK (for example, St Andrews Day in Scotland). But even looking just at England there are 8 bank-and-public holidays which are commonly referred to as bank holidays. Even if you take off Christmas and Good Friday (strictly "public holidays") that's 6. Except it isn't because there's an extra one for the Jubilee this year.

Depending what you count, it is either 6, 7, 8 or 9 in England and Wales; 7, 8, 9 or 10 in Scotland; and 8, 9, 10 or 11 in Northern Ireland (St Patricks Day and the Battle of the Boyne).

No way is it four. And it is ropy beyond belief to base citizenship on answering a question that doesn't have a correct answer. Grrr. Gnash. After that I cannot be bothered to check the rest of them I got wrong.

Suairyu

Banned
oh damn I missed two episodes of masterchef!

On that note, I just made the best sandwich ever. Seed bread, tomatoes, pepper-ham, mature cheddar, black olives with garlic, green pesto.

As always, sprinkled a tiny bit of salt on the tomatoes to make them extra juicy tasting.

Also that's a cook's trick - if ever you overcook chicken or something and it tastes too dry, a tiny spinkle of salt and a squirt of lime juice makes the mouth produce a ton of saliva and tricks you into thinking the meat is all juicy.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah the British style isn't to really dress shit up that much - we just tend to throw it out there. There was that brief period where everything like news channels had to be this over-dramatic affair but Brass Eye very quickly put a stop to that.

Everything has to be such a production in the States, though.
I discovered here (and most of Britpop, really) thanks to the comic Phonogram. Even if her accent has become slightly more BBC-friendly as time has gone by, it's still recognisable. Love it.

Aw yeah Phonogram! Internet bro-hug! There are only about 20,000 of us Phono-fans in the world, we must embrace each other while we can :D

Yeah, I got really into Kenickie after that series as well, but I remember them being mainstays on CBBC in the late 90s too, so I've lusted after her ever since secondary school. And Kenickie we aweeeeesome too. I wished I'd been more into them at school, because if Phonogram is anything to go by, that's where the real cute girls were at... To be fair though, all McKelvie's girls are cute....

Suairyu

Banned
Asking McKelvie to draw a girl that isn't the most stunning girl you've ever seen is like asking the Pope to convert to Buddhism.

oh damn I missed two episodes of masterchef!

On that note, I just made the best sandwich ever. Seed bread, tomatoes, pepper-ham, mature cheddar, black olives with garlic, green pesto.

As always, sprinkled a tiny bit of salt on the tomatoes to make them extra juicy tasting.

Replace the tomatoes with something more manly, like red chili, and I'm in heaven.

Suairyu

Banned
Replace the tomatoes with something more manly, like red chili, and I'm in heaven.
Normally I'd use green olives that had been stuffed with chilli, but I was out. You don't want just chillis by themselves as it'd overwhelm the other flavours. Though you could always use a hot red pesto instead of green if that was your thing, I suppose. Might have to try that.

game is busting my balls im down 60quid lol
You dickhead, your "spend the leftover 6 bail at 70" was the perfect plan.

CASH. THE. FUCK. OUT.

Kentpaul

Normally I'd use green olives that had been stuffed with chilli, but I was out. You don't want just chillis by themselves as it'd overwhelm the other flavours. Though you could always use a hot red pesto instead of green if that was your thing, I suppose. Might have to try that.

You dickhead, your "spend the leftover 6 bail at 70" was the perfect plan.

CASH. THE. FUCK. OUT.

then i got up to 100 quid ten minutes later lol

im down at 30 quid now i need that 100 back for my own state of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom