• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

wiibomb

Don't you normally quit laddering around 10-15? That's the land of greedy decks. The rogue quest would be a fine craft.

yeah I do, but if I wanted to craft something I would like it to be some kind of bulletproof card, like in gadgetzan where I crafted patches, aya and kazakus, or this expansion where I crafted blazecaller and primordial drake, all of those are crafts that can endure.

may be I'm too afraid the deck will be hard countered someday, I should just craft the quest.

If it makes you feel any better, I play slower decks and that bullshit fucks me up. (I'm flailing between rank 10 and 8.)

I also like to play slower bulky decks... may be another reason why..

Pooya

I think hunter will fall off even more when people pick up paladin and shaman will come back up. Shaman still destroys the murloc or mid paly of any kind. People haven't really tried with shaman yet, the class has very powerful cards.

wiibomb

I just now finished crushing a quest rogue with midrange hunter on turn 4

I made up my mind, if I want to play an aggro deck I'll just go and play pirate warrior, quest rogue isn't that good and I have a complete miracle rogue anyways

Dahbomb

The faster that these Rogues exit the meta the better it is for me to be honest.

So god damn tired of all these high roller Rogues with their 12/12 Van Cleefs, steal random cards from your class and high roll quest into freeze your board then punch face with 3 5/5 chargers.

Footos22

When your Hunter opponent has a full board off buffed up beasts and is one turn from lethal and you play 1 taunt minion to finish the quest get sulfuras and your hero power hits straight in his face for perfect lethal.

LAWWWWD

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could afford freeze Mage. That class looks so good to play.

The secret/tempo mage deck is pretty fun if you just want to play Mage in general. I think Freeze Mage is a fun to play every now and then and definitely requires a lot of thought to win with. Though the grind with it is very long and IMO pretty boring.

manhack

Not surprised to see Paladin doing well. I had expected paladin to do better in MSoG because I had an amazing dragon/murloc/curator deck that was doing well and I thought it could benefit from some of the new cards, but pirates, shaman and jade all dominated so there wasn't much room for a deck like that.

Mid-range Paladin was always my favorite and it was my first Legend deck. I don't have any of the good paladin cards on my main account, so I crafted a greedy paladin deck on my EU account and will be testing that out in the lower ranks. should be fun.

sibarraz

Banned
Question, is VS tier list considering some kind of theory winrate or is 100% statistics?

Like, could happen that an deck is good but at the same time so hard to pilot that in the end is low tier?

Dahbomb

Question, is VS tier list considering some kind of theory winrate or is 100% statistics?

Like, could happen that an deck is good but at the same time so hard to pilot that in the end is low tier?
It's almost all statistics but generally if a deck is hard to pilot yet still good... it performs well at Legend ranks versus other ranks. There's no real deck in the game that is so hard to pilot that the average Legend player also tanks the deck.

vall03

I've always wanted to try out Paladin decks but my problem is that I don't have the Legendaries, with my current dust and cards that can be disenchanted, I can only craft one, who should I go for? Tirion, Lightlord, Wickerflame or Tarim?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I've always wanted to try out Paladin decks but my problem is that I don't have the Legendaries, with my current dust and cards that can be disenchanted, I can only craft one, who should I go for? Tirion, Lightlord, Wickerflame or Tarim?

Tirion is in classic so he will probably stick around the longest. Lightlord and Wickerflame will rotate next year. Tarim will rotate in two years.

Mulgrok

I am getting tired of the combo rogues being able to turn extra early game removal into draw 7 cards for no mana on turn 6-7. Eliminates a lot of the weaknesses of such a deck.

sibarraz

Banned
It's almost all statistics but generally if a deck is hard to pilot yet still good... it performs well at Legend ranks versus other ranks. There's no real deck in the game that is so hard to pilot that the average Legend player also tanks the deck.

But vs takes into consideration only legend players plays or anyone who uses the app to track their matches

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
But vs takes into consideration only legend players plays or anyone who uses the app to track their matches

VS takes all ranks into consideration. You can break down the meta report by rank if you want. So if there's a deck that performs better at legend ranks than 15-10, you can see that.

VS is limited by the pool of matches by the people who use the track-o-bot, but keep in mind that there's two players in each match and so the track-o-bot is effectively gathering statistics on the opposing players who aren't using the track-o-bot as well.

Of every deck out there, I keep coming back to classic Demonlock. The tempo swings are just too good. I don't even know why someone would play Discolock over Demonlock.

Has anyone tried Quest C'Thun Warrior? You already have quite a few taunts in that deck by default.

So sick of rogue solitaire with the auctioneer. What a horrible, brain dead mechanic.
That deck has a very high skill cap. Actually, I would say most Rogue decks do.

Fewr

haha @ class frequency by date for warlocks

EDIT: actually, my dear warlock tanked everywhere; just delete the class already.
Too bad they don't count stuff in the 15-20 ranks, it'd probably be more balanced there since it's where me and my fellow newbs play.

sibarraz

Banned
Miracle is like Quest when if feels super op when they pull their respective combos, but that sometimes they lose in a really sad way

haha @ class frequency by date for warlocks

EDIT: actually, my dear warlock tanked everywhere; just delete the class already.
Too bad they don't count stuff in the 15-20 ranks, it'd probably be more balanced there since it's where me and my fellow newbs play.

Warlock is S Tier in Wild. :p

squidyj

I just beat hearthstone!

x1OG3lW.jpg

wiibomb

my goodness...

I just had a game where I literally revived sherazin 5 times in the 9 turns the game lasted.

my opponent had to deal continuously with a sherazin on turn 4 until turn 7 when I couldn't revive it with 6 mana on my turn

Grief.exe

The secret/tempo mage deck is pretty fun if you just want to play Mage in general. I think Freeze Mage is a fun to play every now and then and definitely requires a lot of thought to win with. Though the grind with it is very long and IMO pretty boring.

I have a good Secrets deck actually, just need a Pyroblast to really finish it off. I disenchanted a bunch of classic cards back in the day when I was F2P.

Lyng

Man Pirate warrior is still disgusting. They need to nerf multiple of the cards. Its just not a deck that should be this powerful and consistent.

Lyng

Token druid...still disgusting. Man the decks that are the easiest to pilot are also the strongest, that is just shitty game design. when are they gonna learn.

Grief.exe

Man Pirate warrior is still disgusting. They need to nerf multiple of the cards. Its just not a deck that should be this powerful and consistent.

Token druid...still disgusting. Man the decks that are the easiest to pilot are also the strongest, that is just shitty game design. when are they gonna learn.

Whatever deck you're running is clearly bad to aggro 😂😂😂😂

Lyng

Whatever deck you're running is clearly bad to aggro ��������

I am playing miracle rogue, which can beat those decks. But it just requires so little skill to make those decks work, and I refuse to play quest warrior.

And I also refuse to play quest rogue, which is a horribly designed deck

Ketch

Of every deck out there, I keep coming back to classic Demonlock. The tempo swings are just too good. I don't even know why someone would play Discolock over Demonlock.

Has anyone tried Quest C'Thun Warrior? You already have quite a few taunts in that deck by default.

That deck has a very high skill cap. Actually, I would say most Rogue decks do.

What does classic demon lock look like?

Lyng

Winning with just 1 hp left against a tempo/secret mage is so much fun. His excessive BM'ing just made the whole thing even greater.
I love playing Miracle right now. Its so satisfying.

Why do people BM? I dont get it...

f0lken

Vilefin and chum make the Paladin murlock deck so much better than Shaman's is not even funny,

Chum turn 1, buffed Rockpool hunter turn 2 is as good as Trogg + Totem Golem was as an opener, plus you don't have overload so you can have your dream 1-2-3 with Warleader

Vilefin and chum make the Paladin murlock deck so much better than Shaman's is not even funny,

Chum turn 1, buffed Rockpool hunter turn 2 is as good as Trogg + Totem Golem was as an opener, plus you don't have overload so you can have your dream 1-2-3 with Warleader

Yeah, Vilefin, Chum, even the Hyrdologist is good. Combo that with a getaway kodo, and buffs/murlocs for days.

Lyng

This game feels so rigged some times. This is the third day in a row where I get to win every match I need until I need one more to rank up and then I fall down and up and down....so frustrating.

This game feels so rigged some times. This is the third day in a row where I get to win every match I need until I need one more to rank up and then I fall down and up and down....so frustrating.
It's like that one season I committed to getting to platinum in League. Each time I was high enough to do the "best of 5 to rank up" matches or whatever, I would always get stuck with a team that raged at each other or DC'd or some shit. Never again.

Lyng

It's like that one season I committed to getting to platinum in League. Each time I was high enough to do the "best of 5 to rank up" matches or whatever, I would always get stuck with a team that raged at each other or DC'd or some shit. Never again.

Yeah I can imagine that must be even worse, seeing as how long a LoL match usually takes.

I get some people's complaints about quest rogue, even though it's blown out of proportion cause you got people saying they literally always finish the quest before turn 5 which is BS. But it's a mediocre deck with a mediocre winrate. It was good early on and I even agreed with TS having it tier 1 but it's clearly not tier 1 any longer and arguably was not tier 1 (was bottom tier 1 iirc). I can't go by VS stats because there are several different lists and the first popular list by dog was really bad.

Anyway, I understand the complaints because when it high rolls it feels like there is nothing you can do about it. I think this is just ordinary for a card game though. But at least with quest rogue the game is over very quickly. Unlike freeze mage or control deck that just happens to high roll all their draw and brawls or thoughsteal rng etc.. I think people just need to get some perspective on a deck before they call it BS/OP etc..

Also, shout out to freeze mage for being the worst :)

KuroNeeko

I played some Dragon Priest today and queued into a Murloc Paladin.

I won, but by the end of the match I didn't really care. Just the back-and-forths we'd had throughout the match had made it one of the most enjoyable games I'd had in a long time.

It felt like an honest game of Hearthstone.

I sent him a friend quest to thank him and he started gushing about how good that game had been before I could say anything.

Dood is still on my friend list.

I get some people's complaints about quest rogue

Also, shout out to freeze mage for being the worst :)

VS report sums it up nicely when they say that Quest Rogue is a checkerboard of W/L match ups. It's win rate is extremely polarizing in that it absolutely crushes some decks, but is crushed by others (Pirate Warrior / Token Druid).

Yes, losing to the deck sucks, but it's absolutely no fun to play against. There aren't really any opportunities to trade, no interesting decisions to be made, not even anything you can really do to interrupt their plans other then get lucky with a secret, dirty rat, or potion of madness. The only answer is to play extremely aggressive, low-curve decks like Token Druid, Pirate Warrior, Zoo (lol), Hunter, and Murloc Paladin. (Hmm, more options that I thought)

Problem with that is I'd wager a significant portion of the player base doesn't want to play those kinds of decks. You can beat them with PW, but that doesn't feel any better.

Oh, yeah, and Freeze Mage IS the worst. lol

f0lken

Been having a lot of fun with this. Te jade cards really complement the deck for the long run, specially against warrior:

wOjoBCL.png

Cels

i'm going to the hearthstone college championship on sunday

not sure what i'm in for cause i've never been to one of these events, hopefully people have good hygine
i didn't attend any of the colleges that are represented and i don't care much about the outcome of the tournament

but i want that cardback, it's local, and a ticket was cheap so...why not

fertygo

Won't lie current aggro druid is the most fun I had with aggro deck in HS

Going all in at wrong moment would've instant lose

Top Bottom