• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Just want to congratulate Zulux on the top 100. Fun being in a slice with a fellow clan member.

I am assuming you got it as well so congrats.

but at least for the next 24 hours I don't think I am doing more than one node.... sitting up hurts so much right now @_@

There's no character hint in today's patch note thread, so it looks like we might not get a new character until Anniversary. I also saw something that might be from datamining that might be really interesting.

Spoit

Oh thank god, I need a break.

Also, this top 10 cover, though it's pretty dicy, I started like 10 minutes too early on my clear, so I fell to like 8th. Hopefully some people get bored and wander away after getting the 4* cover (which would have been this initial clear), because I didn't have much chance against these people with champed 5* thanoses

zulux21

2 new long awaited characters possibly for Anniversary (again, this is datamined, so it isn't/wouldn't be guaranteed). The characters themselves aren't important, so much as what they represent.

I am guessing some xmen characters given that marvel has opened up with the xmen ip again in games?

Spoit

I have enough ISO to champ someone, but I'm not sure who. The only decent boosted characters I have for the next set are DP and fury, neither of which are super great, so GR might be helpful. But on the other hand, with it being a weeklong pve, I would have the covers to champ C&D, who are probably a lot more generally useful

Triz

I just champed a second 3* Captain America. Is that the proper game etiquette? Don't know if we should be having a 3 star farm also...

I just champed a second 3* Captain America. Is that the proper game etiquette? Don't know if we should be having a 3 star farm also...

I asked the same thing last week and it sounds like some folks are doing it. I've only got a single max champed 3* so I've already recruited another one.

Triz

I asked the same thing last week and it sounds like some folks are doing it. I've only got a single max champed 3* so I've already recruited another one.
I have plenty of duplicate 3 stars, but Cap was the first one to get 13 again. Wasn't sure if I should just roster the covers and repeat or champ and get champ rewards.

zulux21

I can't really see a reason to not farm the 3* slowly as well.

I am about to reach my first champ 3* since I favorited iron man a while back (IF is also favorited) I fully plan to build him again just without making him a favorite.

To go along with the next Progression rewards based on wins test, we will be doing a mini Versus Season during the next off-season.

Between the Versus seasons of Space Gem and Power Gem we will be running a 1-off Versus Season called the Infinity Season. The Versus Season will consist of two Versus Tournaments, but will not have a S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator Versus Tournament.

Players will earn progression rewards based on the amount of wins they have, rather than how many points they have earned. The season placement and progression rewards have been scaled to the length of the season itself (two events rather an 10). Events during this Versus Season will reward tokens to the Heroic cover store.

Event Details
Infinity Season starts Sunday, September 17 at 8am EDT and ends Friday, September 22 at 3pm EDT.
Nefarious Foes
Start Time: Sunday, September 17 at 8am EDT
End Time: Wednesday, September 20 at 3pm EDT.
Best Friends Forever
Start Time: Tuesday, September 19 at 8pm EDT
End Time: Friday, September 22 at 3pm EDT.
Infinity Season progression and placement rewards are scaled to a season that has only two Versus Tournaments.
13 tiers of Progression Rewards
Top Progression reward is 67 wins

eh.... if there is a 4* at the end of progressions I might go for it as 34 wins per vs for 3 4* covers isn't horrible.

Spoit

Ugh, I missed top 5 by 200 points...which I would have had, if I hadn't forgotten to redo the 2nd required character node after the initial grind yesterday. Eh, still enough to champ anyway, and 2 more covers from the 7 day pve

Anyway, what's people's opinions on champing ghost rider vs cloak and dagger? I'm not sure how viable DP/Fury will really be for a 900 point climb in lockjaw's pvp, and GR would form a perfect rainbow with fury. But on the other hand, C&D would be infinitely more useful for the pve, with a boost, their yellow is actually a fairly decent aoe

Ugh, I missed top 5 by 200 points...which I would have had, if I hadn't forgotten to redo the 2nd required character node after the initial grind yesterday. Eh, still enough to champ anyway, and 2 more covers from the 7 day pve

Anyway, what's people's opinions on champing ghost rider vs cloak and dagger? I'm not sure how viable DP/Fury will really be for a 900 point climb in lockjaw's pvp, and GR would form a perfect rainbow with fury. But on the other hand, C&D would be infinitely more useful for the pve, with a boost, their yellow is actually a fairly decent aoe

C&D are more generally useful than GR, even after his rework. Then again, Penance Stare is one of my favorite powers in the game, period.

Triz

C & D is a legit great character, especially when boosted. They can feed yellow or Black. Purple fires off for dirt cheap. And they self heal.

edit* I hit Shield rank 100 today lol.

Dalek

I've championed C&D but I really don't understand the best way to use them. Can someone ELI5?

Any good teams to use them with?

Triz

My current team in the PVE:

4* Punisher
3* Iron Man
C & D

Get 3 purple and C&D will switch to light after 8 black tiles (which they create if there isn't enough on board) are on the board which then makes yellow. Yellow feeds Ironman's recharge, which then feeds Punishers Green AOE clear and Blue Strike tile generators.

This team is just wrecking every node.

Spoit

Meh, joined a 5.8 bracket because it flipped an hour and a half before the sub closed, didn't finish the nodes and am pretty far away from top 10. At least that means I can lazily just do checks, instead of playing optimally. I dunno if it's just that there aren't low HP mutants and doombots to beat up like last event, or the fact that GR/C&D are good, but not super amazing, like Peggy was, but this 50 level difference feels considerably harder than the last few SCL7 events I've played. Think I'll just stay down there, in the future, where it's somewhat 'sploit-able, with R&G and thanos.

Oh yeah, I ended up picking him instead of C&D. I had to use 4 medpacks after my first 2 fights in the Lockjaw tourney, after trying fury with both DP and IM40. Won both times, but took a lot of damage, even though they were only 3/4* teams! GR worked considerably better with IM40, and....alright, though still really slow, with fury.

Running him 5/5/3 for the pve at least, and with IM40. His black has the drawback of needing you to take a big hit from that character to work, which doesn't work as well when you're trying to avoid taking hits against goons, or building up the chip damage against the largest threat, who is also taking credit for most of the match damage. Might respec to....something else, when pairing him with fury, and fighting double boosted 4* teams.

Also, feeding red/green works a hell of a lot better from IM, you have to wait a couple turns after casting his red, but almost 6k damage for 6 green AP is kinda insane. Alternatively, for the pve, C&D can passively fill the board with attack tiles without you needing to chase red (and you get 2 every time you cast his green as well, so you don't necessarily need to wait for 6, if you're feeding him). Though for the PvE, I've been swapping out vulture for IM40, since there's only a net cost of 2 black to have him continually feeding, and vulture's blue is always a godsend, almost as good at suppressing CDs as teen jean. Doesn't feed red, but being fed 4 green almost every turn is probably faster anyway. And it lets you keep C&D in black feeding/attack tile generating mode.

I wish I had big pun usable for both events though. He'd be way better.

brickface

Remember when I posted this? (It was on 02-07-2017, 10:45 AM)

Beat Jean and got an Invisible Woman, and cashed in 20 CP and got a Kate Bishop. That clash went well but I'm not looking forward to the next one with my 0/3/0 Miles Morales - eat web! And that's all fools!

He's now 0/4/0. Eat slightly more web!

Spoit

ugh, even with GR, I'm rapidly weighing if I really want to bother going for 900. These punishers (which I expected) and Agent Venoms (which I did not) are completely demolishing me. He's definitely on my radar to champ now.

ugh, even with GR, I'm rapidly weighing if I really want to bother going for 900. These punishers (which I expected) and Agent Venoms (which I did not) are completely demolishing me. He's definitely on my radar to champ now.

Yeah, Agent Venom's black can wreck you pretty easily.

Triz

Pulled a yellow Mocking Bird (The only color I didn't have) with a heroic token, that was a bonus who gave me my final Quake cover. Now Quake is champed. That feels good, next up is Nova.

zulux21

Pulled a yellow Mocking Bird (The only color I didn't have) with a heroic token, that was a bonus who gave me my final Quake cover. Now Quake is champed. That feels good, next up is Nova.

I've been having mixed luck on my heroic/vault pulls.

plus side I have managed to pull 2 4* in the last 3 days.

minus side, those were characters I have 12/13 covers and got the single color I had 5 in already so had to sell.

I also got a gwenpool from shehulk (I think) which I might be able to champ, but I also had a riri on the vine and I feel like she is more important to champ as I feel like she will be quite useful against bosses. as her red can hit rather hard on a single target and her blue is a nice red gen as long as you fire it correctly.

if I had been smarter I wouldn't have applied all the she hulk covers until the deadline so that I could have had more time to get the iso for gwenpool. as it is I will have about 11-12 days to get the iso, which seems unlikely. I might just forgo her in general and open some of my legendary tokens or spend CP though as I really want to finish off my 4* grocket as I really want that last cover for the strike tile move so that the first 3 nodes of any PVE are always done in two matches or less.

zulux21

seems like there is no character update this offseason

In the Power Gem Season, Lockjaw (Royal Bulldog) and Elektra (Assassin) will be entering packs. Lockjaw will be entering Latest status and Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) will be transitioning to Vintage status.

In addition, we will be running a truncated Versus season for the Power Gem season. The Power season will start on September 21st and conclude on October 2nd at 3:00am EDT. The season will have four Versus Tournaments instead of the usual ten.

here's hoping they do their usual whole season worth of progression in the shield simulator with half the points as it's usually worth it when the 4 star cover is only at 1k.

seems like there is no character update this offseason

here's hoping they do their usual whole season worth of progression in the shield simulator with half the points as it's usually worth it when the 4 star cover is only at 1k.

So it looks like we're gonna get three shortered seasons in quick succession (this Infinity Season, the Power season, and then Anniversary season). Yay for quick progression during short time periods.

Also, up to 20K HP now, really hoping the anniversary vaults are good this year.

zulux21

So it looks like we're gonna get three shortered seasons in quick succession (this Infinity Season, the Power season, and then Anniversary season). Yay for quick progression during short time periods.

Also, up to 20K HP now, really hoping the anniversary vaults are good this year.

Im at almost 7k but I will continue to spend a little bit of that. I typically do the daily pulls on the iso 8 brotherhood vault when there is a 4* I care about since I get like 8 pulls for 100 each allowing me effectively a 12% chance (When including my tokens I get from placement) to get the cover, which isn't horrible.

I do have enough iso to champ riri at least. so the question is can I get 250k iso in 12 days.

my vote is for no given I likely won't do a hard grind in the next PVE, but who knows. I will do some PVP to get the 10 pack, and I will risk opening that once lockjaw is in the tokens as I want my puppy to play with medusa and carnage :p

Dalek

I finally have my Rocket & Groot championed-now if I only had that last cover for Gamora I could Champion her and have that total Asshole Team: R+G, Gamora and Medusa.

zulux21

I finally have my Rocket & Groot championed-now if I only had that last cover for Gamora I could Champion her and have that total Asshole Team: R+G, Gamora and Medusa.

my gamora is no where near being champed so I am still running starlord 4* instead.

I am hoping to get the last R+G cover I need when I go on my next open spree. but as it stands I am merely opening until I have someone to champ. and then working on that.

though when I pulled the riri from a heroic I threw away xforce wolverine that I had pulled since he still sucks lol.

Spoit

my gamora is no where near being champed so I am still running starlord 4* instead.

I am hoping to get the last R+G cover I need when I go on my next open spree. but as it stands I am merely opening until I have someone to champ. and then working on that.

though when I pulled the riri from a heroic I threw away xforce wolverine that I had pulled since he still sucks lol.

If you're going to run SL, try subbing Carol for Medusa. Or Drax.

Spoit

It's day 787 for me and I now have all the two, three and four stars, just two five stars (Daredevil and Hawkeye) left to get. :)

I'd trade all of my 5*s if I could get 2 or 3 of at a usable state (and I'm not sure even champing them would put SL or ock in a "usable" state)

I'd trade all of my 5*s if I could get 2 or 3 of at a usable state (and I'm not sure even champing them would put SL or ock in a "usable" state)
I wish you got a choice of which store to use legendary tokens in. I would much rather get the 5 stars in classics.

zulux21

SCL9 announced

Nick Fury has officially granted access to S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 for agents Rank 65 or higher. Prepare yourselves with the briefing documents below:
=====
Starting with Venom Bomb, S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 9 (or SCL 9) will be available in all Story Events that already have S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels.

SCL 9 brings players at the highest level a new level of difficulty, while increasing the amount of rewards they can earn. In addition, a new mission has been added to each Sub-Chapter in SCLs 7, 8, and 9 that features a different 5-Star each event.
Please see below for more details

SCL 9 is available to everyone at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 65 or higher
Updated Individual Placement Rewards
Top placement now receives 2 Latest Legends tokens
Top 5 now receives 1 Latest Legends token
Top 20 now receives 2 4-Star covers
Top 50 now receives 1 4-Star cover
See tables for more details
LUOiMyx.png

Updated Progression Rewards
8 more total Command Points than SCL 8
1,300 More Iso-8 than SCL 8

5-Star Required Mission
Only available to SCL 7 and higher
Requires a different 5-Star for each event
This mission is not considered when calculating progression reward tiers
Difficulty behaves like other Story missions
Difficulty increases each time the mission is completed (up to 4 times)
The amount of points the mission is worth goes down after the 4th completion
The mission is worth points the first 6 times it is completed
The minimum amount of points this mission is worth is 4 points
See mission rewards table below

the rewards don't really seem worth the extra effort over SCL7 but at least they released something more.

the rewards don't really seem worth the extra effort over SCL7 but at least they released something more.

4 Star rewards all the way to top 50, plus legendary tokens on top of 3 4 star covers for top 5, is going to alleviate things at the very top of the brackets for SCL7 and 8. How far down that effect will be seen is going to be the question I want to see (i.e. are enough people going to move that what used to be a top 50 score in 7 or 8 now becomes top 20)?

zulux21

4 Star rewards all the way to top 50, plus legendary tokens on top of 3 4 star covers for top 5, is going to alleviate things at the very top of the brackets for SCL7 and 8. How far down that effect will be seen is going to be the question I want to see (i.e. are enough people going to move that what used to be a top 50 score in 7 or 8 now becomes top 20)?

I don't really bother looking at placement rewards in the top 100.

I think it sounds more enjoyable to take a stake knife to my foot repeatedly, then spend hours each day grinding for a top spot in MPQ in general.

thus all I really care about is the progression rewards which aren't much of a step up.

but I will take the extra event tokens for the 5* node stuff.

Spoit

Ugh. I was 1 minute late in joining the 4th time slice for BFFs, and I didn't get any seeds. I knew I should have just waited the 3 hours for s5 to flip.

Ugh, I don't know if I even am going to bother going for 16 wins for the 10 CP and 10pack. This is such a terrible boost list slash event

Updated Progression Rewards
8 more total Command Points than SCL 8
1,300 More Iso-8 than SCL 8

The 5 star node rewards are shit. Why are they still giving standard tokens as rewards?

I don't really bother looking at placement rewards in the top 100.

I think it sounds more enjoyable to take a stake knife to my foot repeatedly, then spend hours each day grinding for a top spot in MPQ in general.

thus all I really care about is the progression rewards which aren't much of a step up.

but I will take the extra event tokens for the 5* node stuff.

You don't really have to care for it to benefit you if enough people move up.

The 5 star node rewards are shit. Why are they still giving standard tokens as rewards?

Now that I'll agree with. That standard really should be an elite token, at the very least, if not a heroic.

You don't really have to care for it to benefit you if enough people move up.

Now that I'll agree with. That standard really should be an elite token, at the very least, if not a heroic.
I think it was a really bad idea to put the 5 star node in CL 7. The champed players slumming it in 7 will have an even easier time taking all the top spots.

zulux21

I think it was a really bad idea to put the 5 star node in CL 7. The champed players slumming it in 7 will have an even easier time taking all the top spots.

ideally they will move up for the better progression rewards.

Personally I am debating if I am barely going to play an event if I would want to do SCL9 just to do the 5* required node twice for the 3cp.

though I would likely just stick to the SCL7 and half the enemy level for 1cp.

Spoit

ideally they will move up for the better progression rewards.

Personally I am debating if I am barely going to play an event if I would want to do SCL9 just to do the 5* required node twice for the 3cp.

though I would likely just stick to the SCL7 and half the enemy level for 1cp.

You'd probably get more CP by not burning out, and even just hitting the first CP progression in CL7.

I'm...not sure how doable lvl 500 nodes will be, with only 2 usable characters

Top Bottom