• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Got all the way to the last fight for Rogue, and womp womp, my Prof X and Cyclops aren't Lv 209. Cyke is at 155 and X was at like 180, so I'm going to try to level them up. We'll see, but I'm also champing Iron Fist.

yeah I knew it was coming.

I took my xforce to level 209 and prof x to 202 with the 180k iso I had lol.

I need to get another 20k or so for x to get to 209.

luckily I wasn't working on champing anyone at the time. just stockpiling CP and legendary tokens. though at the very least I will unleash the legendary tokens before spiderman leaves 5*

yeah this anniversary is going to most likely suck

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/...sale-and-x-men-affiliations-update-9-28-17/p1

so instead of a vault with great odds to get what you want, instead we will get overpriced tokens at a reduced rate but still much to high.

I'm gonna have to read through the whole thread, but technically that doesn't say we aren't going to get an anniversary vault (there's got to be something else coming, since there's no Dino there and Dino is an anniversary staple), but that the changes to the Heart of Darkness token store are going to be part of the anniversary celebration (a shitty part, but a part nonetheless).

Edit: And thankfully, I have Cyke and Prof X champed (I stopped relying on Winfinite a while ago), but I still have to take X-Force up to 209 while trying to champ Quake.

zulux21

I'm gonna have to read through the whole thread, but technically that doesn't say we aren't going to get an anniversary vault (there's got to be something else coming, since there's no Dino there and Dino is an anniversary staple), but that the changes to the Heart of Darkness token store are going to be part of the anniversary celebration (a shitty part, but a part nonetheless).

Edit: And thankfully, I have Cyke and Prof X champed (I stopped relying on Winfinite a while ago), but I still have to take X-Force up to 209 while trying to champ Quake.

yeah there might be an ann vault still, though this year's events still seem to be praise the whales.

Spoit

On closer inspection, I miscounted the covers I had on MB. After these 2 from placing top 5, I'm still at 5/3/3. I guess I will try my luck with SCL 6 then! Since I'm pretty sure the HfH store only triggers if you need a single cover to get into champ range

zulux21

yay
7MGuEXy.png

now to rebuild my iso

zulux21

So did they explain why all of a sudden they can now add mutants? Marvel just say screw it, add whoever you want? Or had this been known for a while?

they haven't officially said anything but they cut some sort of deal as xmen have been coming back to a number of things, not just MPQ.

So I just pulled a 5* cover I already have 5 of from a Latest Legends token (Doc Oc Blue, if you're wondering). I know that you can contact customer service to have them change the color, but does anyone know if you have to say something special, or is it just "I got a maxed color from a latest legends, can you please change the color to this instead?"

Dalek

DOUBLE ISO CONFIRMED

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: GAMBIT

The Ragin' Cajun arrives to the hit mobile game!

Gambit, the X-Men’s resident exploding card shark, makes his “Marvel Puzzle Quest” debut this week—and we’ve been assured the kinetic energy-charging Cajun’s ready to unleash the full deck on the bad guys.

We talked to D3 Go! Senior Producer Josh Austin about the cards up Remy’s sleeves—and got some more details about all the anniversary action going down throughout October.

Marvel.com: Remy Lebeau has always been one of the coolest X-Men around—like his companion Rogue, was Gambit another popular player write-in?

Josh Austin: Yes, for “Marvel Puzzle Quest,” the most requested characters have been Rogue, Gambit, and Nightcrawler. In our last player poll, Gambit ranked as the most requested, followed by Nightcrawler—but Gambit had nearly double the amount of votes! So this news should go over well with our players!

Marvel.com: There’ll be both 3-Star and 5-Star versions of him hitting the game. Will there just be some number differences between the variations?

Josh Austin: That’s right—he’s the same power set, but with a large difference in power between the Gambit 3-Star Modern and the Gambit 5-Star Classic. The 3-Star version of a 5-Star presents a great opportunity for newer players to get an amazing fresh character if they haven’t reached the 5-star realm yet.

Marvel.com: What does his kit look like?

Josh Austin: Gambit’s first power, Ragin’ Cajun, costs 11 Purple AP. Gambit unleashes a torrent of kinetically charged playing cards that target the opponent’s weak points. This power creates Countdown tiles—replacing enemy Special tiles and dealing damage for each Countdown tile when they expire. The modern version at level 166 creates three 3-turn countdown tiles that deal 2,678 damage each. The Classic 5-Star Gambit creates four 2-turn Countdown tiles, replacing 4 enemy special tiles and they each deal 5,292 damage when the Countdown expires.

Gambit’s second power, Aces & Eights, costs 7 Red AP. For Aces & Eights, Gambit charges up a killer hand of cards. This attack destroys random Charged or Basic tiles dealing extra damage for each Charged tile destroyed this way—then creates 2 Charged tiles. For Gambit Modern 3-Star at level 166, each Charged tile destroyed deals an extra 520 damage. The 5-Star Gambit Classic deals 7,580 damage at level 450 power level 5 for each Charged tile destroyed this way.

Gambit’s last ability is Stacked Deck—a Black AP Passive ability. For this power, Gambit finds an advantage for himself at any cost, and this means he’s gaining AP at the start of the turn as long as his allies do not fire any powers in the same color as Gambit’s Active powers. Both Gambit’s at power level 5 and fully leveled up gain 3 Purple AP and 3 Red AP.

Marvel.com: Stacked Deck means allies can’t fire Red or Purple powers? I guess we might want to avoid teaming him up with anyone who uses Red or Purple AP?

Josh Austin: Gambit gets a little selfish with Stacked Deck and will actually block an ally from using a red or purple power—this happens only if the player has a cover in either purple and/or red. So, you would not be able to use Rogue’s Red power (Sugah, You’re Goin’ Down) until Gambit gets downed, stunned, or sent Airborne. Passive powers will still trigger—only powers the player can trigger can be affected.

Marvel.com: There’s an anniversary coming up and I have no doubt the team has a ton planned. Can we get a quick recap?

Josh Austin: To start, we currently have a sale for players to take advantage of before all the anniversary madness begins. Players will get a 30% bonus in Iso-8 and Hero Points purchases. Sale ends October 4!

The anniversary festivities then begin on October 5 and every player will get a free anniversary token when they log-in that day. All events throughout the season will have double Iso-8 rewards, anniversary tokens, and more.

For events, we have the following:

Versus Tournaments

– Class of 2017 tournament starts October 5
– Let’s Be Frank tournament starts on October 8
– Danger Room tournament starts on October 10
– RRRAAAWWWR! starts on October 12

Story Events

– We have a brand new event called The X-Men vs Apocalypse that starts October 5! Apocalypse, a real baddie with Horsemen of the Apocalypse abilities, brings out some nasty tiles to try and destroy the player’s heroes. More will be announced as we get closer to the anniversary!
– Honor Among Thieves starts on October 8
– Sim Challenge (X-Men Edition) starts on October 12

Other Changes

Devil Dino is coming back to Deadpool’s Daily Quest!

Marvel.com: Let’s hear more about the Player’s Choice Legendary Token—basically, players get better odds for their favorite 4-Star characters?

Josh Austin: That’s correct. We ran a survey earlier in the game for players to vote on their favorite characters. The 12 most popular 4-Star Characters and 8 most popular 5-Stars will be featured in a special store with increased odds. Throughout the events during the anniversary—and even in Deadpool Daily—players can earn Players Choice Legendary Tokens to spend in the Players Choice Legendary store for a chance to get these increased odds 4-Star characters based off players’ votes!

Marvel.com: What else do we need to know about the crazy celebrations on the horizon?

Josh Austin: Gambit will be released October 5 during the debut of the X-Men vs Apocalypse event. His Legendary store starts on October 5 with increased odds at getting Old Man Logan and Phoenix along with Gambit (Classic) 5-Star.

Gambit (Modern) 3-Star will be available in the Honor Among Thieves event that starts October 8. Gambit (Modern) features in the event and will have multiple covers in the Vault. Gambit’s PVP event is called Ragin’ Cajun and it starts October 15 with Gambit (Modern) being the featured character.

We will also be at New York Comic at the D3 Go! Booth (#447) this week! Come by and say hello to me and members of the team.

Finally, everyone at D3 Go! and Demiurge wants to thank all of our players for such an awesome year. We appreciate all the feedback and support we get and we really hope we can bring out more features and characters that the community has requested in the upcoming year. Thank you!

a 5* Gambit. What a world we live in.

Spoit

Maybe I'm missing something, but Gambit doesn't really sound very good at all. His main damage power apparently is dependent on there being 3-4 enemy special tiles to ping off of, and his cheap power apparently depends on getting lucky on destroying the handful of charged tiles on the board? I guess it all depends on how well it works with his passive, which seems limited without wasting a slot on gwen to get him out of there so a better character can actually use the AP

zulux21

Maybe I'm missing something, but Gambit doesn't really sound very good at all. His main damage power apparently is dependent on there being 3-4 enemy special tiles to ping off of, and his cheap power apparently depends on getting lucky on destroying the handful of charged tiles on the board? I guess it all depends on how well it works with his passive, which seems limited without wasting a slot on gwen to get him out of there so a better character can actually use the AP

yeah him blocking red and black powers makes his passive rather limited.

that being said....
there is a very very very very very very very very obvious character to pair him up with that will be quite angry.

*stares at 4* blade*

3 turns and blade starts doing his random hard hitting damage and never stops, and you don't have to match any red which would prevent him from making strike tiles.

another great partner would likely be 4* punisher. collect the green and when you get it gambit will have fueled army of one quite a bit.

his red move itself might be alright. it doesn't say how many tiles are destroyed, if it's a decent number the board shake alone might be an alright way to convert red into other colors.

Spoit

Oh right, I should probably save my ISO to funnel into big pun, if he's going to be one of the anniversary pvps. Finally got his 13th cover from the bonus heroes

zulux21

Oh right, I should probably save my ISO to funnel into big pun, if he's going to be one of the anniversary pvps. Finally got his 13th cover from the bonus heroes

I do wonder what the players choice 4* will be.
though if the 5* include thanos, peter, and hawkeye I will likely blow my CP load regardless as there is a good chance most of the players choice 4* will be ones I have champed anyways lol.

Spoit

...people would actually choose 5* SL for anything? I thought he was waaaay down there. Better than Ock or Hulk, but not by that much

zulux21

...people would actually choose 5* SL for anything? I thought he was waaaay down there. Better than Ock or Hulk, but not by that much

who is talking about a 5* SL?

if I was talking about him I would have said starlord.

I was talking about the more recent peter parker as I need like 5 more covers for him and 2 more covers for spidergwen to get my spider team going and stun lock everything into nothingness lol.

Spoit

I joked about it on the official forums....but how much do you guys want to be that 5* gambit will be the required character for either his release pve, or the one after that?

Triz

I joked about it on the official forums....but how much do you guys want to be that 5* gambit will be the required character for either his release pve, or the one after that?
I’m amazed daredevil is required in this one. I’m lucky enough to have him (while never pulling him when he was in the 10% tokens)

zulux21

Im going with the one after.

it won't matter though as I will have one :3

I always get the 5* just to make me pay more HP for roster space lol

His release PvE is the Apocalypse event, so technically it won't be that one.

zulux21

given the wording I wonder if a 0/0/5 gambit could be used as a battery with no punishment as it says allies can't use powers in the colors of his active powers :p

also it looks like x23 will be the event 4* rewards so I guess she might be the next one I champ.

we will have to see, as I might be drawing from the players choice vault and even with double iso i doubt I can champ more than 2 4* with my current iso levels.

I should be able to do at least 2, and maybe 3. Dino is getting champed since I'm going to be pulling a lot from the anniversary vault, X23 might be the second, and maybe Cho as the third If I can get the ISO in 12 days (which I think I can). The only thing that might affect that is that I just pulled my 13th Mockingbird cover, so I may do her before Cho.

zulux21

I should be able to do at least 2, and maybe 3. Dino is getting champed since I'm going to be pulling a lot from the anniversary vault, X23 might be the second, and maybe Cho as the third If I can get the ISO in 12 days (which I think I can). The only thing that might affect that is that I just pulled my 13th Mockingbird cover, so I may do her before Cho.

Dino will never be champed for me on principle lol.

you have a meh character, and then you nerf him last season.

and to top it off, he is the most expensive 4* to champ (and the only one that costs extra iso as far as I recall)

it's just dumb.

I'll just take my 1k iso for each cover of his and be done with it lol.

Dino will never be champed for me on principle lol.

you have a meh character, and then you nerf him last season.

and to top it off, he is the most expensive 4* to champ (and the only one that costs extra iso as far as I recall)

it's just dumb.

I'll just take my 1k iso for each cover of his and be done with it lol.

I have no real problem with selling 4* covers in general (I'm going to be willingly selling Winter Soldier and Nick Fury in the next couple days), but I'm talking somewhere along the lines of 15-20 covers, more than likely. That's enough that I'm just going to bite the bullet and do it.

zulux21

I have no real problem with selling 4* covers in general (I'm going to be willingly selling Winter Soldier and Nick Fury in the next couple days), but I'm talking somewhere along the lines of 15-20 covers, more than likely. That's enough that I'm just going to bite the bullet and do it.

I will likely only get 3 of them or so.

anyways anniversary details are up including details for the boss event

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67975/marvel-puzzle-quest-4th-anniversary-details-10-4-17#latest

The X-Men vs. Apocalypse
Details
Alliance Boss Event
One Boss mission and five Supporting Character missions
Apocalypse (En Sabah Nur)
Apocalypse cannot be Stunned or sent Airborne
The Four Horsemen
Passive Black Power
Apocalypse calls forth his four horsemen at the start of the battle
The Horsemen cannot be matched away or destroyed by normal means
Famine
Destroys the player's AP.
This tile is destroyed when the player has enough AP in their strongest color
War
Player's matches deal less damage.
This tile is destroyed when the player has dealt enough damage.
Pestilence
Creates Attack tiles for Apocalypse.
New tiles have a chance to become Attack tiles for Apocalypse.
This tile is destroyed when there aren't any Special tiles on the board for Apocalypse.
Death
When another Horseman is destroyed, creates a countdown tile that downs the character in front.
This tile is destroyed when it is the last Horseman tile on the board
The Strong Will Survive
Red Power
Deals damage to the lowest level enemy
Rejuvenate
Passive Yellow Power
At the start of the turn, if there are any Horsemen on the board, return Apocalypse to full health.

I wonder how much HP he will have. Carol will be boosted so her black might let her just down him for a while lol.

given medusa will also be boosted I will likely run her as well as she can steal tiles with her purple... I will have to see who can steal tiles well with blue or green.

anyways fan favorite stuff is listed

8 5-Stars at 15%
Black Bolt (Inhuman King)
Black Panther (Civil War)
Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
Jean Grey (Phoenix)
Silver Surfer (Skyrider)
Thanos (The Mad Titan)
Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

12 Fan Favorite 4-Stars at 42.5%
Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
Blade (Modern)
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force)
Iceman (All-New X-Men)
Jean Grey (All-New X-Men)
Luke Cage (Power Man)
Medusa (Inhuman Queen)
Moon Knight (Marc Spector)
Peggy Carter (Captain America)
Professor X (Charles Xavier)
Wolverine (X-Force)

I can say... fans are garbage and my CP is safe lol. The only one that temps is me prof x and I am still convinced that to avoid wininfite they set his purple cover to be like 5 times more likely than the other covers, and his blue cover to like 1% as likely as the last cover.

heck... when ever they give away a prof x cover in a vault it's always a purple for me :/

edit: sigh... got my howard cover... purple.. the third one I will end up selling...

I think their random is broken for me :/

I will likely only get 3 of them or so.

At this moment, I have 23,440HP. Adding the HP I'm going to earn over the next week, that's still enough to buy 9 10 packs, plus the single pull daily deals and the earned tokens. I'm probably going to be swimming in Dino covers.

zulux21

At this moment, I have 23,440HP. Adding the HP I'm going to earn over the next week, that's still enough to buy 9 10 packs, plus the single pull daily deals and the earned tokens. I'm probably going to be swimming in Dino covers.

if you clear the vault you will get 9 of them I think.

if you clear the vault you will get 9 of them I think.

There will be at least 1 reset. Basically, once I get the legendaries, if the odds of me pulling a 4* will be greater in a fresh vault than what's left, then I reset the vault. I did it once at the end of last Anniversary, might end up doing it twice this year.

Edit: And also, remember that there's enough HP in the vault for basically one and a half ten packs. So there will probably be at least one time where my 10 pack pull will essentially be free.

zulux21

There will be at least 1 reset. Basically, once I get the legendaries, if the odds of me pulling a 4* will be greater in a fresh vault than what's left, then I reset the vault. I did it once at the end of last Anniversary, might end up doing it twice this year.

Edit: And also, remember that there's enough HP in the vault for basically one and a half ten packs. So there will probably be at least one time where my 10 pack pull will essentially be free.

fair enough. I only have 8.5k Hp so I will likely just stick to daily 100hp pulls.

It finally happened.

After spending two years regretting dumping ISO into Devil Dino (he is lvl 127) he was finally useful today. Pulled a red Miles that I could put to use.

Stupid dinosaur.

Dalek

I don't get it - how do you remove the Horsemen tiles from the board?

Edit: Oh I get it now.

Edit: Uh, this is really hard.

zulux21

hmmm the event doesn't have the weekly characters buffed, so the buff list is quite a bit different than expected.

seems to just be mutants buffed.

NineH

guys, the mes amis cover store is glitched and has a 25% 5 star rate. I blew my stash of 1400 cp and got 19 5 star covers.

after adding the covers of the 4 stars I got, I managed to eke out one more pull and got another 5 star Gambit.

zulux21

guys, the mes amis cover store is glitched and has a 25% 5 star rate. I blew my stash of 1400 cp and got 19 5 star covers.

*looks at it*

I guess I can go until I at least get gambit, I don't really care about getting more covers for the other two in there.

*makes 8 pulls*

that actually went decently with my 4* pulls.

all decent characters.
the only two covers that can't be instantly used were the two characters I was planning on champing next lol. 4* grocket and x23.

I don't think any of the 5* there are exciting to play, thus I don't feel like pulling more. but at least I have gambit for required event nodes in the future.

Triz

Bought The Remy Vault out.

Here are my 500+CP pulls from Mes Amis (in order):

Yellow Cloak and Dagger
Red Drax
Purple StarLord
Blue Coulson
Yellow Lockjaw
Black Punisher
Yellow Nick Fury
Black Vulture
Green Moon Knight
Purple Gambit
Red Gambit
Yellow Cage
Red Hulkbuster
Green Vulture
Purple Starlord
Purple Gambit
Green Vulture
Black Old Man Logan
Blue War Machine
Red Venom
Yellow Coulson

Got 3 Gambit which makes me happy, but still missing one color.

zulux21

Bought The Remy Vault out.

Here are my 500+CP pulls from Mes Amis (in order):

Yellow Cloak and Dagger
Red Drax
Purple StarLord
Blue Coulson
Yellow Lockjaw
Black Punisher
Yellow Nick Fury
Black Vulture
Green Moon Knight
Purple Gambit
Red Gambit
Yellow Cage
Red Hulkbuster
Green Vulture
Purple Starlord
Purple Gambit
Green Vulture
Black Old Man Logan
Blue War Machine
Red Venom
Yellow Coulson

Got 3 Gambit which makes me happy, but still missing one color.

yeah you didn't get his only decent cover :p

so it seems like the rogue event really was a trap with the boostings :p

wininfinite would destroy this boss, but how much prof x is boosted that is hard to pull off if you boosted him to 209 lol

zulux21

hmmmm it looks like a 0/0/5 gambit really would make it so you could have him be a battery and not lock powers.

I might build gambits for the heck of it. a proper one to champ and a 0/0/5 one.

seems like a 0/0/5 one could be really useful during boss events where hulkbuster is boosted :p

Spoit

We'll see how it stands up on the later levels, but right now it feels like Jean is the only way to really stay on top of those dumb death tiles.

I'm not sure if the 3rd should be coulson or PX though

We'll see how it stands up on the later levels, but right now it feels like Jean is the only way to really stay on top of those dumb death tiles.

Winfinite worked well for me, but that was just Round 1....I expect it'll be tougher to brute force with that method at higher levels.

zulux21

I'm running jean switch and cyclops. Soonest color is red for me which Scott's yellow can get and he does a ton of damage boosted

Top Bottom