• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

marmoka

Banned
I already received my copy :D

ms7Mhxf.jpg

Thanks for the OT and great OP its awesome can't wait.

Hopefully I'll be getting my message to pick up my copy later today if not early tomorrow.

Can't wait to start making stuff :D

octopiggy

I plan on using this OT a lot. I have so many ideas.

They tried to deliver my copy this morning but I'm at work. So disappointed. Should be able to get it tomorrow. I'm not sure if I can manage another 24 hours!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So hyped for that game...but also a bit sad because the custom levels will expose how bad ive gotten over the years when it comes to Mario plattformer - well cant have it all.

Edit:

Oh you guys already have your copies - that what i get from going digital heh.

Robin64

A small request...

When playing 100 Marios mode, please give a star to levels you enjoy. I see so many streamers who remark that the level they just played was awesome yet they don't hit the star button. Don't be that guy, please please star levels that are good.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You did great job with OT, daydream!

Just found out that there is no Miyamoto levels in the game yet according to Mario Myth!0

Got an email a few hours ago from EB Games Australia saying my bundle's been shipped, hopefully that means it'll come in tomorrow.

Idk man , I'm still pissed x bummed America didn't get the amiibo bundle

NoA gonna NoA but when I played this at comic con I loved it so I'm conflicted lol

Still hyped though

Idk man , I'm still pissed x bummed America didn't get the amiibo bundle

NoA gonna NoA but when I played this at comic con I loved it so I'm conflicted lol

Still hyped though

There is no conflict. NoA gives you what it gives you and you have to like it. Just forget the bundle exists.

Cornbread78

The bundles are all lined up waiting to sell at midnight; nobody will be there, but they will all be on lay-away by the end of the weekend.

Think I could convince a GS in Canada to break street date for me. Normally I would wait but I will be out of town for all tomorrow through the weekend so I wont be able to get my copy til monday. I had it preordered for reference. Unexpected :(

Can you delete your own locally saved levels once you uploaded them and have them still online on the server?
I believe so, but I am going just by streams.
I will do a heavy testing tonight since I really do not care to play levels.
Testing the fast unlock method, if you can upload a course you made that you deleted, etc.

Also yes you have to be in the editor 5 minutes before it counts as a day played.

Think I could convince a GS in Canada to break street date for me. Normally I would wait but I will be out of town for all tomorrow through the weekend so I wont be able to get my copy til monday. I had it preordered for reference. Unexpected :(

You need to find a mom & pop. The chances of a Gamestop breaking the date are slim to none.

ramparter

Banned
Why? The unlocks are not universal, they're tied to your game save. If you wait 9 days then you will have to wait until 18 days after launch to use everything (unless you move the clock ahead).
Can't wait for the people buying this game after 9 days and start whining threads.

You need to find a mom & pop. The chances of a Gamestop breaking the date are slim to none.
The only time I ever got lucky with breaking a street date was Guilty Gear.
Seems it is way easier to get it early in EU since more local stores.

Also I will create a mega-post explaining how the unlock system works if OP wants to quote it.

Kouriozan

I had an hard time adjusting to the physic at first, and my brother who is currently playing too.
It feels a bit weird but after a while it's perfectly fine.
A small request...

When playing 100 Marios mode, please give a star to levels you enjoy. I see so many streamers who remark that the level they just played was awesome yet they don't hit the star button. Don't be that guy, please please star levels that are good.

Echoing this.
It takes no effort to give a star.

Munter

I had an hard time adjusting to the physic at first, and my brother who is currently playing too.
It feels a bit weird but after a while it's perfectly fine.

Echoing this.
It takes no effort to give a star.

I agree with this sentiment, and will make sure I star any levels I enjoy playing. If I don't feel it deserves a star, it won't get one. Simples!

ramparter

Banned
A small request...

Noted. Will keep it in mind :)

Stobie

Neo Member
I'm having a blast with this game! Had a friend over and we made a couple of levels, although we had the most fun adding our own sound effects to the level.

Why? The unlocks are not universal, they're tied to your game save. If you wait 9 days then you will have to wait until 18 days after launch to use everything (unless you move the clock ahead).

I just set the clock ahead by a day everytime I unlocked something and now I've got everything unlocked.

Kriken

Nice OT, also be sure to ask Kamiya all about his upcoming Mario Maker level, he's just ecstatic to talk about it on Twitter

I will echo the people saying "give a star to a level you like".

Also my guess with the Amiibo level is almost accurate, it is the 2nd highest ranked level.
Curious if playing his level gives me 100 skins unlocked by default?

I hope everyone likes the levels I make. I have a lot ideas I think are great but will have to try out when the game is unlocked.
I've also seen a lot of fantastic levels from the media but I'm sure that a lot of the community levels will be even better.

Top Bottom