• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

BY2K

Membero Americo
Is there a way you can unlock editor elements faster? I want to bring the game to a party this week-end, but I won't have shit unlocked.

Kinsei

Banned
Is there a way you can unlock editor elements faster? I want to bring the game to a party this week-end, but I won't have shit unlocked.

After you get the notification that new stuff will be available the next day move your system clock ahead. Keep doing this until you have everything.

nope. While they can throw a lot of different things, from what I've seen in the streams container items can't throw other container items

I guess that means a Bullet Bill turret that shoots pipes that shoot ? blocks with Bullet Bills inside them is out of the question.

magiustra

Thanks for the OP, daydream: can't wait for the game and to play the levels made by a bunch of my friends (some of them are really creative, so I will surely be surprised).

KooopaKid

Banned
After you get the notification that new stuff will be available the next day move your system clock ahead. Keep doing this until you have everything.

I didn't plan on doing that but depending on how limited the toolset is at the beginning, I might just do it!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Y'know, when I pre-ordered I didn't think to ask what Edition of the game it is...wonder which one they'll have for me when I pick it up tommorow?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I wasn't initially too excited about this, but watching levels on YouTube these past few days has made me go from "meh" to "holy shit need".

Cindro

So - to unlock things faster, should I set my Wii U clock back to nine days before my first time playing and do it that way? Or can you move the clock to the future just as easily?

I wasn't initially too excited about this, but watching levels on YouTube these past few days has made me go from "meh" to "holy shit need".

I've felt the exact same. I didn't really care for the game until I saw the NWC. Then I was intrigued, but after the past few days it's quickly become my most anticipated game of the year.

Porcile

It has arrived, and with a bonus 30th Anniversary pin badge which I wasn't expecting:

DNnmdHh.jpg

Shirtness:

RR1su0z.jpg

Question:
When building a level, there are six rows or something of items in the toolbar. Every video of the game I've seen the last row is empty. What's in that row?

maxcriden

I wasn't sure for a while if I was going to try to design my own levels. I just don't think of myself as very creative. But I decided I will give it a shot even if it's not my primary reason for getting the game. Last night I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep and thinking of level names as I lulled off to (Kirby's) Dream Land.

daydream

Banned
Nice OP, but the physics do not "change accordingly" and the answer to "Are the idividual physics of the four Mario titles recreated in a faithful fashion?" is a solid "no." It's not that "some elements had to be standardized," it's that the game only uses the NSMBU physics engine.

See: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177693071&postcount=1462
and: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174727689&postcount=682

changed those parts to reflect your findings, thanks!

Oberon

Banned
My Mario maker limited edtion just arrived! Hurray!
Too bad my Wiiu gamepad charger broke, so no way for me to play until I bought a new one :(

Dee Dee

Oh, I get it now. I was just lurking in Gamestop a few minutes ago, wondering why the game wasn't on the shelves. So official release is tomorrow for EU as well! Good thing the clerk kept pestering me until I mumbled about how I was there for Mario Maker. He sold me the thing right away, even tried to sell me the amiibo (and a Wii U) while he was at it. He seemed hella excited about the game. Too bad I am traveling currently, so I can only be happy about the art book for now.

Looking forward to play everyones levels! I plan to try to at least make some good looking levels, if nothing else.

Went ahead and paid this off. I was hesitant as I don't really have any desire to create levels, but hopefully all the levels everyone else makes are good enough to warrant a purchase :p

Plus it's a new Wii U game and those are kinda... well not every day.

Red case like they did with Mario Kart.

You're shitting me. Ugh.

Custom bar. Put shortcuts to your favourite items in it.

Thanks!

Nice OP, but the physics do not "change accordingly" and the answer to "Are the idividual physics of the four Mario titles recreated in a faithful fashion?" is a solid "no." It's not that "some elements had to be standardized," it's that the game only uses the NSMBU physics engine.

Makes sense why they would do that, though. I'm not too upset about it.

braves01

Banned
So let's say I want to buy the Mario 30th anniversary amiibo. Are they totally sold out already or will I be able to find a NA one online somewhere?

naib

Seeing that it's only 1.4 gigs makes me want to go digital. Cancelled my Amazon order just in time.
Gonna nab it online tomorrow.

Platy

People always confuse stuff like the run meter from 3, the spin jump and item grab from world, the ground pound and walljump from New as physics =P

Raitaro

It has arrived, and with a bonus 30th Anniversary pin badge which I wasn't expecting:

DNnmdHh.jpg

Shirtness:

RR1su0z.jpg

Nice! Good for you! It does make me a bit worried about my order though, as I got the shipping email yesterday but haven't received anything yet.

How's the t-shirt by the way? Good quality? I had to skip on the amiibo bundle because of it (since the bundle + shirt combo was sold out in a day) and I'm hoping the shirt was worth that trade.

Rated-G

I was on the fence about whether I wanted to pick this up right away or not, but Best Buy's GCU convinced me, so I tried to put in an online order for store pick up last night. Their website was all sorts of buggy last night though and I couldn't get an order through, no confirmation, no email, no listing on my order status page. I ended up giving up after a few hours and going to bed. Now I wake up to four orders that apparently went through, and cannot be cancelled. I hope they don't expect me to pay for all of those.

Sephzilla

Yeah I'm really disappointed NoA skimped out on special editions for this game. I would have dropped a good amount of money on a good bundle.

Top Bottom