• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowie

I remember reading/hearing that online play will have blind select for both characters and ultras, which is a bit disappointing IMO. What I'd love to see is blind select for characters, show me their character after we've both chosen, and then let us pick ultras. There will almost definitely be character specific ultra choices, and I don't want to have to play a guessing game on which ultra I have to choose. If I have a weaker, less useful ultra that has the benefit of shutting down fireballs, I don't want to have to constantly choose it because there's a 65% chance I'll be fighting a character with projectiles.

NeonZ

IntelliHeath said:
I could be hype for SSF4T if they decide to add SF1 character because it would be nice to see Mike, Lee, Retsu and Geki getting make over. (I think they are only four characters that haven't got make over, but I think they are more likely to use Birdie.

The characters that didn't appear later are Geki, Retsu(Japan), Joe, Mike (USA) and Lee (China).

Joe is too generic, he's basically a shirtless Cody, who was modified to his current prison get up because his original design was too generic. Mike, although a different character, is basically Balrog (M.Bison) in street clothes, down to the name.

Lee, Retsu and Geki could get a make over and new movesets, but even those have problems. Retsu is another guy in a gi, only this one is bald without a beard. Lee could work, but he'd need a pretty inspired redesign. Geki probably could be updated easier than the others, but his single claw style might be considered too similar to Vega's/Balrog's.

Xater

BitchTits said:
Can't wait till this is finally released, go online and *bam* everyone still picking Ken-Ryu-Sagat. \o/

I was playin Sagat and Blanka. I think I'll kick Sagat out for Dudley. Dudley is just too awesome.

Swittcher

Banned
While this news is still totally awesome. I kinda wish they'd take out Dan, Rose, Sakura and Gen, and replace them with Elena, Haggar, Alex, and put Joe in there.

Man, Joe would be awesome. He'd play like Shen Woo.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Is Geki the blue ninja from SF1?

I have always wanted to see a classic style dressed male ninja in SF.
sf101.gif

Spirit of Jazz said:
Right they took away his bnb combo, no big... and his invulnerability on ex oga, just danady... and nerfed his shallow jump.

Ok, I'm not sure where keno's comin up with this BS, don't know what version he's playing but he's straight up wrong

Gen still has invincibility on ex oga. Gen still has mk hands x2. Hands is still 5 inputs.

Xater

Swittcher said:
While this news is still totally awesome. I kinda wish they'd take out Dan, Rose, Sakura and Gen, and replace them with Elena, Haggar, Alex, and put Joe in there.

I'd replace Guy with Alex and I think pretty much my favorites would be in the game.

qazqaNii

Swittcher said:

No thx, DAN FTW.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Swittcher said:

I hope Elena, haggar, alex and joe are all permanently retired.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Pandaman said:
I hope Elena, haggar, alex and joe are all permanently retired.

Eh. I don't favor Elena but I think she is pretty interesting character but I think they should add Elena, Alex and Hugo as next 3 3s characters in next sequel, along with Birdie, Karin and R. Mika.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
IntelliHeath said:
Eh. I don't favor Elena but I think she is pretty interesting character but I think they should add Elena, Alex and Hugo as next 3 3s characters in next sequel, along with Birdie, Karin and R. Mika.
yea, in hindsight, elena can stick around.
she's moe enough.

RS4-

God's Beard said:
It seems like Hugo would have a lot of trouble without parries. He had enough trouble in 3rd Strike as it was.

Clap and AA throw everything. His clothesline would work like Gief's glove. It wouldn't be that bad.

robut said:
Hopefully Dudley has an ex version of the rose throw where he tosses a bouquet.
HomerMonkey.gif

RS4- said:
Clap and AA throw everything. His clothesline would work like Gief's glove. It wouldn't be that bad.

His throws are definitely better than gief's, but clothesline kinda sucks and he doesn't have a good way around projectiles like Gief and T.Hawk. Not to mention Boxer and Dudley or even Fei Long would pick him apart from mid range. I just don't see the fit.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
RS4- said:

Yeah, I think Hugo is doable in SSF4T but he wouldn't be higher than low tier, but I would main him if he is bottom tier since I really enjoy to play as him in 3s.

BitchTits

Swittcher said:
No thanks. Cull the number of shoto-style characters for sure, but don't want to remove characters with unique movesets (especially if they're my mains :p )

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Stabby McSter said:
Hugo > Haggar

actually i'm indifferent, so i don't really care D:

I don't know. I remember that I played Final Fight and hagger is much like Zangief. Technically, Huggar is in SF4. (Hence Zangief's alt)

What I think about the remaining 3rd Strikers joining SSF4T:

Alex - Would probably fit pretty well, has a unique enough moveset to warrant inclusion. Personally don't like him, but I wouldn't complain.
Elena - Would fit with a little reimagining to separate her specials a little more from Cammy .
Necro - Would be the absolute shit, but he'd probably need to be nerfed for 4. Fast, juggling Dhalsim + electricity might be too much for the old characters.
Oro - Would also be awesome, double jumping and tengu stone would wreck house on the old cast.
Sean - I don't think he brings enough to the table, and Abel stole some of his moves anyway.
Yang - Would kick ass, but he's just a better Fei Long in all areas.
Yun - Not actually a great character without Genei Jin, I dn't think he'd fit.
Gill - Fuck it.
Hugo - Would have a lot of trouble without parries.
Urien - NEEDS to be in SSF4T. I don't care how they do it. I don't care if he loses his 5 part juggles as long as the same idea remains. The bouncemaster.
Q - Also needs to be in SSF4T. Would actually fit well as he is, lack of parries and the reduced game speed would actually make him stronger, and wallbounce is already in. Make it happen.
Remy - Would be the most broken shit in existence. Replace Guile with him.
Twelve - Would actually be awesome, but I don't see the team recreating the animations well in 3d.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Stabby McSter said:
Just when I finally thought I understood moe. :<
moe is a feeling, not something you can point to and say 'this is moe', it depends on the person.

you couldnt point to something and say 'this is moe', but you could say 'this is moe for me' or 'this show tries to be moe' [usually by using character archetypes popularly considered to be moe].

the word itself describes a feeling akin to parental/protective love. I got the tag in a big anime thread when i referred to a number of more serious anime dramas as moe and a couple people disagreed. :lol

Wiseblade

God's Beard said:
What I think about the remaining 3rd Strikers joining SSF4T:

Alex - Would probably fit pretty well, has a unique enough moveset to warrant inclusion. Personally don't like him, but I wouldn't complain.
Elena - Would fit with a little reimagining to separate her specials a little more from Cammy .
Necro - Would be the absolute shit, but he'd probably need to be nerfed for 4. Fast, juggling Dhalsim + electricity might be too much for the old characters.
Oro - Would also be awesome, double jumping and tengu stone would wreck house on the old cast.
Sean - I don't think he brings enough to the table, and Abel stole some of his moves anyway.
Yang - Would kick ass, but he's just a better Fei Long in all areas.
Yun - Not actually a great character without Genei Jin, I dn't think he'd fit.
Gill - Fuck it.
Hugo - Would have a lot of trouble without parries.
Urien - NEEDS to be in SSF4T. I don't care how they do it. I don't care if he loses his 5 part juggles as long as the same idea remains. The bouncemaster.
Q - Also needs to be in SSF4T. Would actually fit well as he is, lack of parries and the reduced game speed would actually make him stronger, and wallbounce is already in. Make it happen.
Remy - Would be the most broken shit in existence. Replace Guile with him.
Twelve - Would actually be awesome, but I don't see the team recreating the animations well in 3d.
This NEEEDS to happen for the Sakura and Dan encounters alone.

Pandaman said:
moe is a feeling, not something you can point to and say 'this is moe', it depends on the person.

you couldnt point to something and say 'this is moe', but you could say 'this is moe for me' or 'this show tries to be moe' [usually by using character archetypes popularly considered to be moe].

the word itself describes a feeling akin to parental/protective love. I got the tag in a big anime thread when i referred to a number of more serious anime dramas as moe and a couple people disagreed. :lol
REAL TALK also I am glad to at least be above Zangief on zeh chart . . I think

vg260

Cowie said:
I remember reading/hearing that online play will have blind select for both characters and ultras, which is a bit disappointing IMO. What I'd love to see is blind select for characters, show me their character after we've both chosen, and then let us pick ultras. There will almost definitely be character specific ultra choices, and I don't want to have to play a guessing game on which ultra I have to choose. If I have a weaker, less useful ultra that has the benefit of shutting down fireballs, I don't want to have to constantly choose it because there's a 65% chance I'll be fighting a character with projectiles.

I agree. I like the character selection being blind, but not the ultra choice. Isn't the point of having two different Ultras so that you can go with the one best suited for the matchup you're facing? I don't get why Capcom is making both blind. Why even have two if you can't decide which will be more useful for that match. Seems like they're contradicting themselves.

I guess the same argument could be made for the character choice, but I see counterpicking a character (out of 35) much different and much more obnoxious than choosing between two ultras based on who you're facing. Certainly less time-consuming too. I don't think people would sit and wait for their opponent to choose before picking their ultra like they might do for characters. The ultra I'd choose would be based on their character choice, not what ultra they decide to use.

Platy

ShinAmano said:
Awesome...in the same vein anyone know where I can find super high resolution images of Ryu and Ken? I am thinking about putting a Street Fighter Corn Hole board set together, but can't find art large enough for the job...any images does not have to be from SF4. Thanks.

I don't remember the site ... probably some random 4chan/hr .... but i have it saved with me !

Ken 1,74 mega
Ryu 1,82 mega

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
2&2 said:
I agree. I like the character selection being blind, but not the ultra choice. Isn't the point of having two different Ultras so that you can go with the one best suited for the matchup you're facing? I don't get why Capcom is making both blind. Why even have two if you can't decide which will be more useful for that match. Seems like they're contradicting themselves.

I guess the same argument could be made for the character choice, but I see counterpicking a character (out of 35) much different and much less obnoxious than choosing between two ultras based on who you're facing. Certainly less time-consuming too. I don't think people would sit and wait for their opponent to choose before picking their ultra like they might do for characters. The ultra I'd choose would be based on their character choice, not what ultra they decide to use.

Since they are going to make it blind picking then I would imagine a lot of players being paranoid and pick shoto all the way, so we might see a lot of Ryu, Ken or Sagat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom