• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Lego Minifigures Series 7 Computer Programmer yesterday...ended up with this:

KFxSf.jpg

I think I love this picture lol

FallenCow

Neo Member
Just came back from a trip to Seattle and found some good LEGO deals in a surprising place: the Pacific Science Center gift shop by the Space Needle.

Here are the deals:
5892 - Sonic Boom - $39.97 --> MSRPed for $60 and is now OOP
7965 - Millennium Falcon - $99 --> MSRP is $140
7915 - Imperial V-wing - $14.97 --> MSRP is $20

Might be worth the price of admission for some folks! I would have bought them all up if I lived in the area! Only killer is the 9.5% sales tax in the area.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
I put in an order for the Imperial Shuttle. This is the most expensive set I've purchased. Came out to be $225 after tax.

Agreed. Might be my most expensive impulse purchase ever.

Since my birthday's coming up too, I know I'm getting an R2-D2 UCS and the Millenium Falcon from family.

My mind is full of Lego.

I caved and ordered some smaller sets I have wanted for a while now.

Lukes Landspeeder
Clone Trooper battle pack
Elite Clone Trooper pack
6 Series 7 minifigs
Brick Separator (still don't have one)

Couldn't pass up the free shipping and finally becoming a VIP member so I can gather points. Looking forward to seeing the promo minifig. Although I am tempted to keep it i the bag to resell later on.

b5b00672.jpg

Here are my plans for the day! The girls and I are building all the latest batman sets while watching Thor and Captain America.

The table shown is something I refurbished and intend on putting some finishing touches in to make it a Lego play area for my girls. The wooden top is 2 sided. I intend on covering 1 with Lego plates.

darkwing

I also hate that I just had to call their customer service line, apparently my bank doesn't like lego's website and is calling the charge suspect. Shesh...

lol tell me about it, they have this pre-charge thingy and I thought I was being charged twice, almost had a heart attack, I'm wondering what my bank thought of that lol

Here are my plans for the day! The girls and I are building all the latest batman sets while watching Thor and Captain America.

The table shown is something I refurbished and intend on putting some finishing touches in to make it a Lego play area for my girls. The wooden top is 2 sided. I intend on covering 1 with Lego plates.

Awesome! Sounds like you have a great day ahead of you.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
QF-45 is done! Pictures coming later today. Crazy, crazy fun and challenging build. Seriously, for anyone looking for a real Lego challenge, download the parts list I made earlier, and go build this thing. It will make your palms sweat, your brain work overtime, it will make you wish you had three hands sometimes. It's literally like building a ship in a bottle at some points.

It's fairly fragile even when it's fully built, and even if you use all new parts like I did. I managed to improve it by implementing some hidden reinforcements of my own, which improved the rigidity, but I want to do more of that. As it is, the only really safe place to hold the ship is the mid section. You can hold it by the bottom section as well, as long as it's kept vertical. If you lift it up by it upper wing, there's a good change it will break off, and bottom will smash down, which I found the hard way...

Legend of Zelda on Cuusoo has reached 10k!

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6809

I hope it happens. I wonder if Nintendo has an exclusivity deal with Mega Bloks though.

Doesn't Nintendo already license their properties to a rival brick-building set? I'm sure I've seen some Mario Kart ones that weren't Lego.

Is Zelda itself popular enough to merit a set? I'd love to see a Doctor Who one but I don't think either are at the level of Star Wars or DC/Marvel superheroes.

Edit: Just remembered Prince of Persia. So I'm contradicting myself.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Doesn't Nintendo already license their properties to a rival brick-building set? I'm sure I've seen some Mario Kart ones that weren't Lego.

Is Zelda itself popular enough to merit a set? I'd love to see a Doctor Who one but I don't think either are at the level of Star Wars or DC/Marvel superheroes.

There are already Dr Who sets by a rival brick maker - http://www.characterbuilding.eu/dr-who/micro-figures/

My theory for that is that Disney pushed Prince of Persia on LEGO in exchange for giving them Pirates of the Caribbean. Convince them it's the next big thing, then tie the rights to the license LEGO actually wants.

It's the only logical explanation I can think of for why anyone thought that was a good idea.

-R2-D2 available May 1
-wait for May 4 sale to purchase
-May 4? SOLD OUT
-Then LEGO adds sale bonuses to early orders.

Seriously, they can fuck off. I am pissed.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Legend of Zelda on Cuusoo has reached 10k!

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6809

I hope it happens. I wonder if Nintendo has an exclusivity deal with Mega Bloks though.

This one is interesting because GE doesn't actually have a model really - just an idea. Those accessories are probably too colourful to happen too - NAS lovely as they are.

Serenity really picking up steam. I think Nathan Fillion and Monica Baccarin both tweeted about it which clearly helped

Vyer

-R2-D2 available May 1
-May 4? SOLD OUT

You talking about the online site? It was in stock this morning. I wouldn't have expected it to last all day.

-R2-D2 available May 1
-May 4? SOLD OUT

Wait R2-D2 is sold out? Fuck, I should have ordered it this morning. I didn't cuz I was going to hit the Lego store today in hopes to just pick it up.

ghostmind

I've got the LEGO store holding an R2-D2 (and TC-14) for me until after work, so i f you have a store in your area, see if they will accomodate you.

Just got back from the Lego store.

Sadly they were out of the RC-170 which I was hoping to get. It was a toss-up between this and the Hoth Base, but that set feels very sterile...and honestly I think it looks pretty dull from the outside. Am I the only one who thinks this?

Also got a couple of series 7 minifigs (programmer!) and a buch of 4s & 5s.

IMG_6288.jpg

Nice. Sadly, some stuff came up this weekend so I will not be getting anything during the special. UCS R2 will have to wait. :(
7123150601_ee79e9b8e1_z.jpg
is there any way to get this figure anywhere else or do you really have to order for more than 55€ on may 4th or 5th?
i really like the figure but right now there is nothing i actually want to buy

My shopping list for the rest of the year:

R2D2
Sopwith Camel
Big Ben
Seaside House
UCS B-Wing

MAYBE one of the Jabba sets, probably the sarlaac pit. Need a closer look first though.

ghostmind

My shopping list for the rest of the year:

R2D2
Sopwith Camel
Big Ben
Seaside House
UCS B-Wing

MAYBE one of the Jabba sets, probably the sarlaac pit. Need a closer look first though.

I thought you were hyped about the Jabba's Palace set. Price/piece ratio too high?

This picture is amazing, what kind of camera did you use to take this?

Thank you! =)

I used my Nikon D7000 with Nikkor 17-55mm f.2.8 DX lens...for lighting I used a desk lamp to the left as well as a Nikon SB-700 bounce flash mounted on-camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom