• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

jediyoshi

Here we go

PS4
iAR0STUMCPtJT.jpg

PS3
i8br5aT9PB3HW.png

And i didn't even upscale it.

Not a great comparison. The object motion blur isn't kicking in for any of the characters in the PS4 shot so the PS3 shot looks like extra vaseline got thrown in

OneUh8

I can't wait. Been contemplating taking Tuesday off or not... Glad the Destiny beta is going or else this week would be dragging.

LAA

last of us GOTY 2013 ps3
last of us GOTY 2014 1080p ps4
last of us GOTY 2015 3d edition ps3
last of us 2 GOTY 2016
last of us GOTY 2017 Vita edition

Ha ha and it'd break records every time, ha ha.

Seriously though...If they made a TLOU spin off for Vita... Could that "save" the Vita?

Gurish

Not a great comparison. The object motion blur isn't kicking in for any of the characters in the PS4 shot so the PS3 shot looks like extra vaseline got thrown in

This comparison is going soft with the PS3 version, that scene in movement looks even worse, FPS is horrible and there are shimmering everywhere, one of the ugliest parts in the original game.

This screenshot in particular really stands out to me. The texturing in this version is fantastic, especially on his clothes/backpack.

ibhJfQHIufM3kd.jpg

It's like the photos Dennis took of his TV that made the game look like it had great IQ but real. I can't wait, 4th playthrough here we go! Although I will say I'm not looking forward to getting all the collectibles/conversations again.

I will be playing for the first come Tuesday.

I assume those who have already played it will gleefully await the reactions of many like me.

Strike

Great OT. To the people playing this for the first time, enjoy one of the best games of last gen. You're in for a real treat.

Gray Matter

I am more hyped for the game this year than I was last year. Haven't played the SP in almost a year. Cannot wait...
again

Now they just look like a less pixelated 1080p mess ;P

I know they are super zoomed-in shots, but the latter is still a pretty significant improvement over the former. Especially when you open the original screenshots that Wishmaster posted and make them full-screen. Distant objects just look much sharper and easier to make out.

Good bye, 720p. You won't be missed.

bye-b.gif

I have held off on playing this as well as not reading spoilers, I have tickets for the event on Monday in Santa Monica. Hype level is at an all time high!

Digital PlayStation Store pre-order bonuses
  • All of the previous pre-order bonuses mentioned
  • Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
  • Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions Mode
  • Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions Mode

If I still pre-order from Best Buy I will still get access eventually to the stuff listed above?

-griffy-

Banned
is it me or does the PS3 look more detailed, especially in the foliage?

I think you're mistaking aliasing for detail. Everything is pretty clearly more detailed on PS4. I mean, look at the algae on the surface of the water, it actually has texture on PS4 instead of almost being one single color on PS3.

Top Bottom