• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No one leaves feedback on eBay

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why, it's the first thing I do when I receive my item, I let the person know I got the item and that I'm happy with it by leaving feedback because that's what you're supposed to do. I've been selling a lot of items lately and I'm only at 31 feedback because of ignorant buyers who can't take 5 seconds to leave me feedback, even though I take the time to clean, wrap and post the items to the best of my ability and as quickly as possible. Plus if you're a new seller eBay holds the money for an extended period unless the buyer leaves positive feedback, so their ignorance literally stops me getting paid.

Windam

Scaley member
I always leave feedback. Just along the lines of whether the description and pictures were accurate, price if there's a huge difference between seller I bought from and other storefronts, and shipping speed if it doesn't come through the GSP. Takes less than a minute.

oldmario

if it bothers you that much op just send them a message because it doesn't just take 5 seconds it takes a couple minutes and usualy people aren't home when their stuff comes either

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I do. I thought you had to?

Often rely on ratings to decide who to buy from (well, when I used ebay more) so I've always been sure to take the 30 seconds to rate people.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Guilty. I think they should count no feedback as positive feedback.

That would be a solution, if after xxx days there hasn't been a complaint/negative feedback on the item then a generic positive feedback should be added.

I do. I thought you had to?

Often rely on ratings to decide who to buy from (well, when I used ebay more) so I've always been sure to take the 30 seconds to rate people.

You don't have to, and apparently most people are too ignorant to do so, even though it's literally two clicks and 5 seconds of their time, but you can bet your ass if something's wrong with their item they'll find the time to complain.

Stitch

Gold Member
I always leave feedback. But just the usual stuff like "GOOD SELLER!! FAST SHIPPING!!! WOULD BY AGAIN!!!"

:p

SugarDave

if it bothers you that much op just send them a message because it doesn't just take 5 seconds it takes a couple minutes and usualy people aren't home when their stuff comes either

It doesn't take a couple of minutes at all.

I always make sure to leave feedback, although if I'm the seller, I'll wait to hear from them first as I'm very vigilant about being conned.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I always leave feedback. But just the usual stuff like "GOOD SELLER!! FAST SHIPPING!!! WOULD BY AGAIN!!!"

:p

That's all we want, and if you're someone who buys many items from eBay you can even add multiple feedback at the same time so if you don't want to do it every time you can just do it once a week or something.

Faddy

Banned
Feedback is a relic. It was useful when buying stuff online was weird and seen as a risk. But now people use online shops all the time so no one even thinks twice about getting stuff so no need to leave feedback

Afro

I leave a note in everything I sell kindly asking to please leave feedback whenever possible if they're satisfied with the service.

Yep. This was very frustrating back when I was a new seller and still dealing with eBay holding my money. I'm currently at 66 feedback when I should have around 100+.

Shadybiz

Guilty. Of course, I haven't bought anything from ebay in years. Have never left a review for something from Amazon, though.

I used to be a huge eBay seller and used to get like 20 feedbacks every few weeks, but now it takes like a year or two to get 20. LOL! I sell mostly on Craigslist and Facebook Market place these days. I only buy on eBay now. It's a complete shell of what it was. There was more of a community feel back in the day, now it's just stale and impersonal.

Oh no you only have 31 feedback how do you sleep at night?

Edgy bro.

Jinroh

I always leave a feedback. 99% of the time the same one, but always leave it. It makes me feel guilty not to leave a feedback if I'm satisfied of my purchase.

I always leave feedback when buying, though that may have something to do with sellers on Allegro, Polish eBay clone, tending to lock out some minor things like payment through postman behind positive ratings which they won't give first, and neither did I when sold a few things there. Or maybe the whole thing even enforces you to rate your purchases, I'm not sure. Never been selling things internationally, so I don't know how well that fares.

Plum

Yeah, it's kind of annoying. If the Buyer gives me positive feedback I can rest assured that there won't be any refund bs to deal with. If not I have to wait like three to four days afterwards to transfer the Paypal money into my bank account.

Madao

i only give feedback to those that give it to me now.

i sold like 10 things and go no feedback this year so far even though the items arrived without problem (if they hadn't, the buyers would have complained a long time ago)

Woffls

I've left feedback for everything I've purchased from eBay. Only about 35 items over 15 years or whatever it is, but I want the seller to know I'm happy.

DonShula

Been on eBay since 1997 and have only ever sold on a personal level, not a "store." People used to leave feedback all the time. Both buyers and sellers. Sellers used to leave feedback as soon as they got payment, well before the item actually got to the buyer.

It takes about seven seconds and really isn't that big of a deal to do.

I will say that as a buyer, if I'm dealing with an obvious store, and they don't leave me feedback, they won't get feedback from me. Me giving feedback to a store that has 10k+ and them not giving feedback to me with like 170 is insane.

As a seller, as soon as I receive payment, the buyer gets positive feedback. Lately I've found that is rarely reciprocated.

Biske

I don't review anything ever. Waste of time.

I dunno about eBay, but a lot of places this isn't true.

Leaving a bad review on Amazon for instance, often gets you immediate customer service/refunds etc. It's kind of crazy

Just bought something that was advertised super incorrectly and my review pointing that out was instantly addressed damn near.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no you only have 31 feedback how do you sleep at night?

Blade%20Edge%20Pen%20Cropped.JPG
Yeah, it's kind of annoying. If the Buyer gives me positive feedback I can rest assured that there won't be any refund bs to deal with. If not I have to wait like three to four days afterwards to transfer the Paypal money into my bank account.

That's another reason it's good to leave feedback, it lets the seller know you're not a scammer, if I sell an expensive item and don't get feedback I now have to worry about them doing a chargeback for however long Paypal allows.

I always do OP. Sell me something I need :p

Are you in the market for vintage wrestling figures? ;)

I dunno about eBay, but a lot of places this isn't true.

Leaving a bad review on Amazon for instance, often gets you immediate customer service/refunds etc. It's kind of crazy

Just bought something that was advertised super incorrectly and my review pointing that out was instantly addressed damn near.

Leaving a negative review on ebay does nothing like that.

If you have a problem on ebay, you go to the seller/buyer through the private message or directly to the Paypal.

Mihos

Gold Member
I always leave feedback on eBay, that is just basic dedicate. Seriously, do that.

Amazon, depends on if it is a commercial or private seller.

H1PSTER

After recently selling my X-Wing collection on eBay it has bothered me that out of 300+ items I've only received about 50 feedback - all positive but it just sucks.

I messaged this guy I sold overseas to, tracking says he received it (but was in a different name) so I just wanted him to confirm since no feedback and the message was totally ignored.

Blah, if I didn't need to sell my stuff I wouldn't be using eBay - good feedback can invite more people to bid on your stuff... Like others have said eBay giving a generic feedback after x days would be welcomed.

Are you in the market for vintage wrestling figures? ;)

Got any Macho Man merch?

ironmang

I often just forget to until it's too late. Anyways, it's not just you so if you believe you deserve hundreds of feedback then the people with hundreds deserve thousands.

starsky

I always leave feedback. Sometimes the seller doesn't leave feedback either though. I guess it all depends on the persons.

H1PSTER

I always leave feedback. Sometimes the seller doesn't leave feedback either though. I guess it all depends on the persons.

I've started to only leave feedback when a buyer leaves it - a lot of places do this too but if you leave feedback then the seller doesn't then that just sucks.

Ruruja

Are you from the US?

Everything I've bought on ebay here in the UK, I've left feedback and had feedback left for me, maybe it's a regional thing.

EDIT: Oh I see you're from UK, who knows then.

If feedback mattered at all any more, that could make a difference, but it doesn't. It doesn't count towards Seller Performance now. Barely any buyers check it. eBay has their own ways of monitoring activity that's not opinion based

Having to actually type some generic positive lie out for each mediocre transaction is obnoxious, all you are doing is fulfilling your duty to send me what I paid for, and quite frankly I doubt people want me giving my true opinion that a fucking re-used jiffy bag is not acceptable packaging.

As a buyer I don't even feel like feedback has a purpose, I paid for what I bought, job done, I don't need a pat on the back for that. The only important thing is the negatives, that's all anyone looks at anyway.

Downhome

Don't sweat this. I get 20-30 feedbacks a month but that's way under what I should get also. Never ask anyone for feedback, especially after the transaction is completed. Sometimes it's best to be out of sight and out of mind. Consider no feedback a positive score. So many times I've seen folks be asked to add the feedback only for it to be negative. Sometimes you are just asking for trouble and a negative is way worse than someone just moving on notnkeavingg anything.

As a seller I have my account set up to automatically leave positive feedback as soon as someone pays me.

Also, just because someone leaves positive feedback does not all of a sudden "save" you from having to refund or whatever and they can still win a case against you if they decide to go down that road. If someone gets a cassette player, they see it looks good and leave feedback, but it stops working a week later or they realize later it's not as described, they can still win against you even though they left feedback already.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Got any Macho Man merch?

I'm not a business or anything, I just found a trunk of wrestlers in my cupboard but I did sell a couple of them. Funnily enough the only person to leave feedback was the Macho Man fan, you're good people.

It really does take forever to clean off 20+ years of gunk, add the time it takes to photo them and post them and it's quite a lot of work, which is why I'm extra pissed at people who don't leave feedback.

Bandit1

I've sold car parts on and off the last few years and have only recently had this problem. Two or three years ago it seems like all buyers would leave feedback and now I'm lucky if half do. With the last four items I've sold over the period of a month I have received no feedback. And even as a seller I always try to leave feedback, just a quick "fast payment, good buyer." I guess it's not that big of a deal since I have 100% positive feedback over 85 reviews but it is kind of annoying.

Seirith

I sell a lot and don't get much feedback, doesn't bother me any more because I have been on ebay since 1999 but I could see it being very annoying as a new person.

As much as I sell and do love Ebay, feedback is pretty meaningless these days since you can no longer leave negatives for buyers. The feedback someone has, unless they are a seller only is one sided and not accurate.

CHC

I've sold car parts on and off the last few years and have only recently had this problem. Two or three years ago it seems like all buyers would leave feedback and now I'm lucky if half do. With the last four items I've sold over the period of a month I have received no feedback. And even as a seller I always try to leave feedback, just a quick "fast payment, good buyer." I guess it's not that big of a deal since I have 100% positive feedback over 85 reviews but it is kind of annoying.

Yeah it's a recent thing it seems. This thread itself is making me pissed also, like people just thinking feedback is some kind of "feel good" points of whatever. It's the entire reputation system of the site - you wouldn't buy from someone with zero feedback so don't be complicit in creating those kinds of users.

Contrary to what others have said it literally does take ten seconds, at the most, and you could put a single period as the comment as long as the feedback is positive. Sure, it may be a bit of a dated system at this point but if you're going to use eBay the least you can do is learn the site's one main rule of etiquette.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
People are lazy beyond measure. They want the convenience of knowing who's a good seller, but won't contribute to the system with even 15 seconds of their time. It's pathetic.

I don't review anything ever. Waste of time.

Heh.

Top Bottom