• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First direct feed screenshots of Dragon Quest 7 3DS

Aeana

From 4Gamer: http://www.4gamer.net/games/190/G019091/20121105010/
More at the link.

FjEnc.jpg
LHPHl.jpg

tnxtc.jpg
vWd4C.jpg

cHIs5.jpg
bvlp9.jpg

WccwO.jpg
507kl.jpg

zf0VA.jpg
5jBce.jpg

Zq9Ou.jpg
WIXkW.jpg

RNvFm.jpg
VGU7L.jpg

vOesd.jpg
oTF5F.jpg

M89me.jpg
Or3Ox.jpg

oaT0h.jpg
cuKiU.jpg

ImHeK.jpg
3cBk8.jpg

Aeana

There's some more at the link besides the ones I put in the first post, so be sure to check those out too.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What's up with the art style, it looks different, worse. DQIX looks better art wise.

Anyway, I guess it's not high budget, more akin the DS FF remakes... Not too bad but I hope DQXI tops this by a mile.

Aeana

What's up with the art style, it looks different, worse. DQIX looks better art wise.

Anyway, I guess it's not high budget, more akin the DS FF remakes... Not too bad.

This is by Arte Piazza, not Level-5. It looks pretty similar to Dragon Quest 5 PS2, which is the same people. Arte Piazza also has many of the original developers of DQ7.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looks nice. I look forward to replaying DQ7, and then at some point, perhaps when I have grandkids, finally finishing it.

guess Japan will be done playing DQX by the time this one is out they should have tied in some leveling or gold to this and the MMO somehow

That is one ugly looking game.

Seriously not trying to troll, but why do all of the characters look like they have some sort of developmental disability? Is that the original art design, or just an unfortunate direction of this particular port?

Aeana

Just realized I didn't put any of the battle menu shots in there so I added them. Battles start in first-person and the camera pulls out for the action.

jackal27

Banned
Can every Dragon Quest game look exactly like this please? This looks really gorgeous.

However, I am really starting to miss the DS' pixel-y fonts...

That actually looks a LOT better than i expected!

Of course this is all a moot point if we don't get that localization news one day, but yeah looks great to me!!

Did DQVII have a World Map in the original version? I put 100 hours into the game and honestly don't remember. But one of those screenshots look like it's a DQVIII style overworld rather than classic world map.

Visually it looks lame. Unless something bad happens, it will play great and that matters more than how it looks ultimately.l

Aeana

Did DQVII have a World Map in the original version? I put 100 hours into the game and honestly don't remember. But one of those screenshots look like it's a DQVIII style overworld rather than classic world map.
It had a classic style world map. It's been changed.

Top Bottom