• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT3 | Playing with our sticks while petting Jaguars!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Looks like I'm going with the falken eurowinters. Not top end, but 488 for 4 ain't bad.

I'm glad I live in a not so heavy winter environment and when it does snow, the entire region tends to shut down lol.

Since I'm now FWD, I'm thinking of running a set of summer tires now. Though tbh, I ran summers all year in my Miata and I never had any problems, even when it dipped below 30F.

Does owning it in GTS count? If so...then not yet.

Question for you though, who is the girl in your avatar picture? Looks familiar from maybe a Korean drama, but not sure.

-------------------------------

With all that said, it's really sad and disheartening to see this game being torn to shreds in the review thread, OT, Amazon, and everywhere else. It actually deterred me from buying the game, even knowing what to expect...that is until David Incorporated Esq mentioned motion controls and I looked at gameplay again. I love Forza and other racing games, but nothing ever gripped me as much as GT's gameplay.

Sorry for hiding out in this thread and talking about virtual cars when we should be talking about real cars. But it's scary in the GTS threads right now.

Lol the Type R in GTS is the FK2, the previous generation Type R so it doesn't count.

Girl in the avatar is Jung Chaeyeon, she's only been in two obscure dramas(5 if you count even more obscure web only shows) so I'm surprised you recognized her from a drama. She's more known as a member of IOI(probably one of the most popular girl groups in recent history because the members were selected using a reality TV show) and DIA(her original group that is somewhat popular, but not by much).

Outside of the K-Pop world, she's known as the girl who always looks sad because her management company won't let her have food.

But more importantly, she always drinks a bottle of soju every night, before going to bed.

-------------------------------

Tbh, I've stopped caring about reviews/feedback from 90% of GAF. Most of gaming side is stuck in a bubble, and it's very negative most of the time.

For a game like this, I'd rather trust the automotive publications rather than the grumblings of people who cannot understand gasoline octane and outright judge you for buying premium gas.

I've seen posts about gas before on gaf and you have people putting the lowest because ”no difference" it's not just about power but about how healthy/well your car will be running down the line.

Yup, and those people wonder why their cars are always breaking.

Almost everything, living or not, requires some form of maintenance one way or the other.

KRaZyAmmo

@jongkookie how did you get both car to be clear and still moving in that Hong Kong shot in Scrapes? I was trying to do something like that involving 2 cars, but one car kept getting blurred out when I tried.

edit:
rLNafk.png
^ this is the original photo I was gonna have 2 cars in but one of them kept getting blurred.

Pinewood

matmanx1

Crappy picture, but I always like to see the cars that park around me at work

Awesome, actually. I would love to have that kind of automotive eye-candy around me on a consistent basis. Here in NW Georgia it is 98% pick-up trucks, SUV's and Asian import sedans. The other 1.5% is European sedans like the BMW 3 series or VW Jetta and then last half a percent is reserved for stuff that is actually interesting (there's a doctor in town who sometimes drives his Ferrari California).

For a car nerd such as myself I live in snoozeville, USA in terms of seeing cool cars on any kind of regular basis. For that reason, I am half tempted to scrap my plan of a Porsche Macan for my next vehicle and daily drive a 718 Cayman in Rome, Ga just to see the kind of looks I get when I go back and forth to work. It could happen.

ascii42

The most interesting car I see in my parking lot is a Challenger Hellcat. Actually, wait, no, it’s the Nissan Murano Convertible. I didn’t say “coolest.”

Do we have any Type R owners in here?

I’m wondering if any of y’all have experienced the gear grind from 1-2. I saw a couple of YouTube videos of it earlier this week and now it’s even in Jalopnik so the issue might be blowing up soon.

I want one, but not over msrp. Hoping the hype comes down, just like the focus RS for I can get one. But now this grinding issues surfaced, I'm wondering if I should just wait till next year's model, if they will even have one for next year...

Don't want to be melodramatic af considering it's still a developing situation but judging by what's going on right now, it seems like the finish line might be in sight.

Hopefully the place lives long enough for somebody to create a Discord or a place where we all can still chat.

But if it's too late, Godspeed gents and hope we'll run into each other at the finish line.

otakuderek

Don't want to be melodramatic af considering it's still a developing situation but judging by what's going on right now, it seems like the finish line might be in sight.

Hopefully the place lives long enough for somebody to create a Discord or a place where we all can still chat.

But if it's too late, Godspeed gents and hope we'll run into each other at the finish line.

If no one has created one, I can start one if necessary.

EGOMON

I have MK6 GTI and I love it now I am planning to buy EcoBoost mustang and give the GTI to my wife, am I upgrading? Downgrading? Sidegrading?

Ticoman

Neo Member
I have MK6 GTI and I love it now I am planning to buy EcoBoost mustang and give the GTI to my wife, am I upgrading? Downgrading? Sidegrading?

GTI is better refined, but with the Mustang you get RWD. I personally like the GTI better. Why not get the 5.0 Mustang?

I just bought my first car last week. I got a 2007 BMW 328i. Good millage, no rust at all. It does need a bit of work. One of the shocks need to be replaced and I also need to change my back breaks and my two front tires.

Where's the best place to buy used 365/30/r19 tires from in Canada, Ontario Toronto?

Mullah88

Any members who own the Audi A7? What's the up keep looking like after the factory warranty is out? Currently own a 2010 cts wagon awd and looking at the 2012 A7 prestige. Just want to know what breaks more often on the sedan, will probably get a 3rd party warranty but want to know if it'll be for powertrain or for the electronics.

20170527_003122.jpg

cube444

He expected it to be more fun and better on the track than his souped up e92 M3. Now he is looking to sell the M4 GTS and get a Porsche GT3 RS.

EGOMON

GTI is better refined, but with the Mustang you get RWD. I personally like the GTI better. Why not get the 5.0 Mustang?
I want it as every day drive car for work, I drive approx. 200km everyday so a V8 is not an option right now maybe when I move closer to work

Top Bottom