• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Punisher - Official trailer 2. Arrives november 17th

Tosyn_88

I don't think there's any any other way to present the punisher without it looking like a poster ad for the NRA. I think it's an unfortunate situation for the character because he's supposed to be a walking critic of that type of view but unfortunately it's been embraced by the audience it's talking to. Soldiers and police have been seen to wear the logo on their uniform which is very worrying.

calder

MAX was Ennis' Punisher, which is still the best and darkest Punisher to date, IMO.

I don't know about best, but it was pretty damn good. So well done I actively was hoping Frank would just fucking die already for most of it - the series did a great job showing how awful he is and how his presence and actions, no matter how understandable, just ruin everything and everyone around him.

There aren't many 'superhero' comics that so deliberately make you wonder if the world would be better off without the (anti) hero there.

Super excited for this. Thought this was going to be here sooner than November 17, maybe the first week of November if not the last week of October, but atleast it finally has a release date

Kinyou

I'm still worried it'll feel too edgy but we'll see.
No such thing as too edgy

NLO5NMv.jpg

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
•Negatives for the reviewer is how the final episodes turn into nothing but mostly a "bloodbath". They also took issue with Frank's "code" in how in one instance he's worried taking out soldiers just doing their job and in the next happily slaughtering private contractors.
This makes total sense for a veteran. PMCs are some of our biggest fucking headaches in theater.

Applebite

People always shit on Defenders but I thought it was enjoyable. Lots of flaws to point out, but I thought it was worth watching.

ZeroX03

Banned
Looking way better than anything Marvel Netflix since DD S2. I'm actually excited.

Also the review mentioning better pacing is really important. It hurts these shows so much.

I don't think there's any any other way to present the punisher without it looking like a poster ad for the NRA. I think it's an unfortunate situation for the character because he's supposed to be a walking critic of that type of view but unfortunately it's been embraced by the audience it's talking to. Soldiers and police have been seen to wear the logo on their uniform which is very worrying.

I mean, I think this is part of the reason why his origin looks to be changed. Move it less from a crazy psycho to a revenge thriller.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I have a really good feeling about Runaways, given some of the people behind it.

Iron Fist and Inhumans were Bucks in the road. Marvel is back on the right track now.

Probably gonna be good but bunch of lunatics will get the wrong message from this show. Will definitely be less enjoyable because of the world and sounds like they don't make Frank out to be a complete bad guy. He is.

Tied with Stranger Things for my most anticipated show of the season. I'm hoping this is a big improvement over Iron Fist and Jessica Jones (which had a great villain).

Actually looks pretty good. I see they're going with that family angle again. Hopefully it has the same sort of moral "wrongdoing" idea, as a good Punisher story would, otherwise it's a bit of a waste to me.

Does this have continuity with the other shows? I’ve still not seen Iron Fist or Defenders but I’d like to watch this as he was my favourite thing in DD S2

Yes, but you don't need to watch any of them.

Van Bur3n

Count me among those who actually liked The Punisher film. Haven't bothered with any of this Netflix Marvel stuff (watched some Iron Fist with a friend. It was awful) but I might just watch this. I love Jon Bernthal as an actor.

This is going to review "weird," isn't it?
There's no way current events aren't going to negatively impact the way this show is viewed by both reviewers and watchers. It's really going to magnify its flaws.

Sygma

Yeah, this. First trailer had me hyped but this govt. conspiracy angle shit looks disappointing. Expectations lowered.

One of the very best, if not the best comics of the punisher was him going against Daredevil, Wolverine and Spidey at the same time

Next one would be when he ended up nuking an entire island full of rotten everything

Haven't been this hyped for a Marvel Netflix since DD1/DD2. Don't get me wrong I loved JJ and LC, but I wasn't hyped for them. It was more "JJ/LC are about to drop, word. Def gonna watch" kind of feeling.

...IF and Defenders...we don't talk about those two.

TheOddOne

The Punisher|OT| "Welcome home, Frank"

Or did we do that for the Daredevil S2 OT?

Sic Vis Para Bellum maybe? lol
Daredevil S2 main thread title was: No More Half Measures, the spoiler thread was: Elektra Boogaloo.

So, you're good!
The Punisher |OT| Netflix and Kill

This is my suggestion.
DAMN, yes.

I'm still open for a title for the spoiler thread.

Top Bottom