• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was wrong about Ghost Recon Wildlands and you probably are too.

J_Viper

This game is 2017's Mad Max for me.

It's not amazing by any means, but it allows me to turn off my brain, throw on a podcast, and go buck wild in a gorgeous looking open world.

The gunplay is solid enough to carry me through at least another twenty hours.

I have Nier and Dishonored 2 that I want to get through, yet I still find myself being drawn back to clear another outpost in Wildlands

renzolama

I bought this and have been enjoying it, but by the time the intro was over I was already rooting for El Sueno to win because the protagonists are so awful.

I think I'm about 3/4ths of the way through the game, 50% of my time has been co-op (34 hours co-op, 36 hours solo). It's still fun.

It absolutely _IS_ repetitive, insofar as you're killing bad people. It gives you a number of ways to do that though. I imagine you'd need to get some personal joy out of clearing a base solo, or entering and exiting undetected.. because the game doesn't reward or cheer for you when you do so. To me, I love trying to do ridiculous stuff, and then when it fails, survive the firefight.

Co-op lets you do so many random things, it's a lot of fun, but a lot of that will depend on the quality of your friends.

If you approach the game as a standard "do the missions, advance the story, finish the game" I could see it becoming really tedious.

None (well, most) of the randomly scattered things around the map are required to collect, but you'll end up getting most of them I imagine. I like clearing a province 100% so I end up getting them all.. but that's me, I wouldn't recommend it unless you really like doing it.

The AI isn't terrible, they're not great either. I use them as a backup if things go sideways. They're meant to emulate real people in co-op, so they get some godly powers because there is no 1:1 replication of real life friends.

I started a new character (A girl!) last night and played through the first few missions.. still amazing.

Betas are not demos. You're not supposed to treat betas as some sort of early access demo. However, from my experience, the final release is hardly different from the beta, but it's still possible things can get sorted out before release.

Top Bottom