• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT14| Attention NV shoppers, democracy is on sale in aisle 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Here's something I wrote up on Facebook just now. It is my first post on Facebook in years, but I felt it had to be said. While most people I associate with would never vote for Trump, I feel the undercurrent of stupidity like anyone else and felt it had to be said. Most of my Facebook friends are Mormons, so this has a religious slant to it at the end, but it would be pertinent to anyone. LOL

Some thoughts I had tonight, while reading the news:

This election, choose who you want to support, it is your right as an American citizen, but make sure you are willing to defend your vote.

Will you defend your candidate groping women against their wishes?

Will you defend your candidate whose single claim to fame is how much money he has acquired in his lifetime?

Will you defend your candidate whose concept of marriage is that it is disposable in nature?

Who has cheated on his wives? Who brags about not being able to control himself?

Who makes fun of disabled, foreign, and people who are just plain old different from himself?

Who has had to settle many claims out of court for charges that he refused to rent out his apartments to blacks?

Who has exactly zero political experience?

Who has mismanaged his finances to the degree that he was still taking loans from his father and other businessmen well into his adulthood and during his supposed empire-building days?

Who refused to pay contractors who worked on his buildings?

Who has had 12 separate women publically declare that Trump assaulted them sexually? Or the pageant contestants who said Trump would walk in on them while they were changing, and actually boasted about that on Howard Stern’s radio show?

Who has used funds donated to his dubious Trump Foundation “charity” to pay for portraits of himself, a Tim Tebow football helmet, paid legal fees for himself, and other surely charitable things any self-respecting billionaire would need?

If you say, "No, I can't defend those awful things, but Hillary deleted emails for goodness sakes! or Gary Johnson is pro-legalization of Marijuana! or Jill Stein is an anti-vaccination nutter! or Evan McMillan has no chance to win!" Then you have no moral leg to stand on. Only one of candidate for president this term is totally morally reprehensible.

If you are voting for Trump because he is allegedly pro-life, you should know that abortion is here to stay. I hate it, and you hate it, but I can make you a guarantee that it isn't going away. EVER. A vote for a man with a complete lack of principles because of this issue is a waste of a vote. Period. Exclamation Point.

If you are a self-respecting Christian and have decided to vote for Trump because of the fact that he has an (R) after his name on a voting ballot and you think that Republicans are somehow better Christians than Democrats, you have been misled. People in both parties can be righteous, morally upstanding Christians. Athiests, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, and even time-travelling Zoroastrians can be morally upstanding people. Vote for the person whose beliefs and morals match your own, not just because they profess to be Christian while voting and aligning themselves to ideals and causes that Christ would have nothing to do with.

Racism, Ethnocentrism, Sexism, Malice, Avarice, Greed, Nihilism, Rage, Bullying, etc. Do you support these things? Really?

Remember the immutable words of Christ: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

What is the will of the Father? To love thy neighbor, to love thine enemy. To turn the other cheek to those that smite you. To have charity for the less fortunate. To carry the Spirit with them, whose fruits include peace, patience, goodwill, faith, long-suffering, and so on. Does your candidate do these things or have these qualities?

Vote with your conscience this year, and sleep well by doing so.

Sources: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/10/donald-trump-scandals/474726/

It's more fun to fantasize about flipping red states and winning the House than it is to mentally prepare for the sickening reality that the next four to eight years will be filled with nothing but Clinton Hearings and Do-Nothing Obstructionism.

At least we can look forward to losing the midterms and having this shit get turned up to 11. Impeachment proceedings here we come, democracy had a good run I guess.

It's more fun to fantasize about flipping red states and winning the House than it is to mentally prepare for the sickening reality that the next four to eight years will be filled with nothing but Clinton Hearings and Do-Nothing Obstructionism.

At least we can look forward to losing the midterms and having this shit get turned up to 11. Impeachment proceedings here we come, democracy had a good run I guess.
It will be a rerun of the 90s. They will investigate her Christmas card lists. They wont find shit, but we've survived this once.

Which state do people here expect to be the most off from the polls? I haven't looked at historical records. My guess is Nevada. I read before it's a very hard state to poll, especially for Latinos.
I think it's any state that has a large Latino population, Nevada probably being the worst. A lot of the traditional polls need to be better at surveying Latino voters. NBC/Marist had Trump getting 40% of the Latino vote. Latino Decisions have it at 18%.

Going forward, we need to probably have a Spanish option in most of our polls. It's important because the Latino vote is going to be a huge factor in the upcoming decades.

Iolo

Nate the Great did say that Latino Decisions tends to overstate Latino support for Democrats somewhat, when compared to actual voting data (not exits). Although not by tens of percent.

Yo PoliFam,

I just completed my mail in ballot. Ahhhhh! Felt so good making it official--just adding my little contribution to the 'Fuck You Orange Buffoon' fund of votes up here in Washington state.

Vote y'all. Vote.

FEELS GOOD, MAN.

Here's something I wrote up on Facebook just now. It is my first post on Facebook in years, but I felt it had to be said. While most people I associate with would never vote for Trump, I feel the undercurrent of stupidity like anyone else and felt it had to be said. Most of my Facebook friends are Mormons, so this has a religious slant to it at the end, but it would be pertinent to anyone. LOL

I liked the way you ended that.

This election, moreso than any other previous, points out how when the church gets too involved in politics-a decidedly worldly venture-it comes away damaged and usually without much to show for it.

Why did the president of South Korea give a speech about amending the constitution to remove presidential term limits after her favorables cratered? lol, weird move.

South Korean prosecutors are currently investigating Park’s longtime friend Choi Soon-Sil over allegations that she used her relationship with the president to strong-arm conglomerates into multi-million dollar donations to two non-profit foundations.

Park had sought to distance herself from the case, but was brought into focus by a TV report on Monday that Choi had been given advance copies of presidential speeches and may have had a hand in revising some of them.

The report was based on 200 files on Choi’s computer — retrieved from her office after she left the country as the influence-peddling scandal broke.

Her present whereabouts are unknown.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1209484/south-korea-president-apologises-document-leaks/

sazzy

cOXkq4.png

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I liked the way you ended that.

This election, moreso than any other previous, points out how when the church gets too involved in politics-a decidedly worldly venture-it comes away damaged and usually without much to show for it.

I saw a press-release from the church recently that basically echoed what I said. Essentially, vote for the best candidate and that both parties have candidates worth voting for. I hope Utah comes out for Evan McMillan. It would be incredible to see the members of the church actually vote their conscience and not some allegiance to a party whose represents literally nothing of what Jesus taught.

Amir0x

Banned
Id say lets hope for the old testament God to do good ol fashioned smiting of the Trump campaign but he would probably come from the heavens wearing a MAGA hat and trying to kill all the gays and sluts who dare turn down their husbands sexual advances.

mstevens

I'm trying to combat some personal bed wetting here.. I tried making an electoral college map with some worst case scenario shenanigans.

If she wins Penn and Virginia, which looks extremely likely, and Nevada.... She can lose NH, Florida, Iowa, NC and Ohio.

If she wins any of those, she can lose Nevada.

Having a tough time seeing how Trump could win, even in the worst of cases.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I'm trying to combat some personal bed wetting here.. I tried making an electoral college map with some worst case scenario shenanigans.

If she wins Penn and Virginia, which looks extremely likely, and Nevada.... She can lose NH, Florida, Iowa, NC and Ohio.

If she wins any of those, she can lose Nevada.

Having a tough time seeing how Trump could win, even in the worst of cases.

There isn't an electoral map put together by a sane person in which Trump wins. Not one.

mstevens

The "uh oh, watch New Hampshire for signs of a Trump comeback!" map:

DnRnUzc.png

Right. So basically if she wins Nevada, it's over. If she loses Nevada but wins any other swing state, it's over.

I know everyone has moved onto senate and house races, as they should, but I really hope this is a done deal.

There isn't an electoral map put together by a sane person in which Trump wins. Not one.

If Gary had been a better candidate... I could have seen one. Being a big enough spoiler in NM.

But Gary is Gary and currently he's screaming at Bill Weld with his tongue out. Spittle and everything.

edit: It's that one with NM going to Gary...

Trump even with a spoiler can't get to 270. Even under the most fictional of circumstances.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
If Gary had been a better candidate... I could have seen one. Being a big enough spoiler in NM.

But Gary is Gary and currently he's screaming at Bill Weld with his tongue out. Spittle and everything.

edit: It's that one with NM going to Gary...

Trump even with a spoiler can't get to 270. Even under the most fictional of circumstances.

I could see the remote chance the Evan McMillan pulls out a narrow victory in Utah, but there is no way in hell that Gary Johnson holds enough good will anywhere to do anything. What a fucking dumbass.

But have you met NeoGAF's favorite political analyst.

INLmhfY.png

Please tell me those weren't real maps created by a non-joke character...

I could see the remote chance the Evan McMillan pulls out a narrow victory in Utah, but there is no way in hell that Gary Johnson holds enough good will anywhere to do anything. What a fucking dumbass.

Please tell me those weren't real maps created by a non-joke character...

I could see a lot of Mormons in the booth being unable to pull the lever for Trump in the end, and going with McMuffin instead.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I could see a lot of Mormons in the booth being unable to pull the lever for Trump in the end, and going with McMuffin instead.

I am hoping that is true, but in the end, many Mormons are just as dumb as the reddest of redneck evangelical Christians, who believe that it is their duty to vote hard-R forever, without regard for what a candidate believes or does. I hope they prove me wrong and stand up for their beliefs on this one.

Hah!

Right there with you on that one. Though I have a lot of conservative Kansas friends that have publicly stated their supporter for Johnson... and there's no way I'm going to discourage them. The less votes for the Orange Menace the better.

I'm hoping he ends up in the low 50 million pop vote area. High 40 million if I'm wishing really hard.

Oh and I expect around 135 million peeps to vote. So he's going down hard.

Magni

Accidentally posted in the old thread... wasn't the limit 200 pages, not 196? Edited the post out and putting it here instead:

---

I'm gonna make my first political donation this cycle, and give $25 to Murphy "directly", since I can't trust the DSCC not to spend it in NY apparently.

jB0Gj8X.png

There's a fucking tip box. Can't wait for the country to accept that global warming is real and that minorities are humans so that we can focus on the things that matter, like ridding ourselves of the scourge that is tipping culture.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
It just really is amazing how bad the Republicans have shot themselves in the foot (I'm an expert, I used to be one)

Hillary has a shit ton of baggage and all they had to do was put up a scandal-free Romney-lite and I have to believe they would have taken the election in a narrow margin. Too bad for them, there isn't a Republican out there qualified who hasn't had to kiss the brass ring to the point where they must sell their souls to evangelical nutters and gun nuts, etc to get through the primary, only to see that they end up tainted for the GE.

CCS

Banned
New Avenged Sevenfold album just dropped and it is 🔥🔥🔥

I knew that sitting through all their shitty politics and both-sidesing on their facebook page would be worth it eventually.

Now to ignore when one of them inevitably says they're voting for Trump...

Y'all need to stop this bedwetting and VOTE.

No bedwetting on my end.

I'm very confident that as we get closer to the date, more and more support consolidates around Hillary. People can see the writing on the wall, and they don't like feeling like losers. She's currently up by an average of 6%, and all of the news around early voting is looking disproportionately good for liberals, this will slightly demoralize the Trump crew, and should inspire Dems in states like... Texas? Florida? To think "Okay... maybe we can win."

I think by election day Hillary will have a 51% approval rating, matching pretty close to the amount of support she receives in the end. Trump... His approval rating seems to hover around 38%... I think that's pretty close to where he's going to end up. A 12-13% spread.

I don't know if we take back the House, but it's going to be damn close if we don't.

Slizeezyc

Early voting in Florida in the AM.

Don't forget to vote NO on the Solar Amendment if you're in Florida by the way, it's worded weird to trick you.

sazzy

This would've helped the Clinton camp sharpen their targets on Donald's thin skin.

6G4E7h.png

The tapes they're talking about in this email are the ones which the NYTimes just reported on in the last 2 days.

This would've helped the Clinton camp sharpen their targets on Donald's thin skin.

6G4E7h.png

The tapes they're talking about in this email are the ones which the NYTimes just reported on in the last 2 days.

Wikileaks is really really scraping the bottom of the barrel now lol.

I think it's any state that has a large Latino population, Nevada probably being the worst. A lot of the traditional polls need to be better at surveying Latino voters. NBC/Marist had Trump getting 40% of the Latino vote. Latino Decisions have it at 18%.

Going forward, we need to probably have a Spanish option in most of our polls. It's important because the Latino vote is going to be a huge factor in the upcoming decades.

how do you fuck up THAT badly taking a poll?

What's the email supposed to prove? It sounds like how o**o works. Someone with juicy info contacts a campaign in some way. Hell, it's right there that they don't want any money. That would be semi-scandalous. This is nothing.
http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-trump-family-fortune/
Trump's family fortune began in a brothel in Canada. Not even an American brothel.
Good, good... I can tease a Canadian friend that I know who's claimed they have loose roots to ancestors originally moving to BC for the gold rush. Usually I'm limited to a combination of moose jokes and sobbing over how I wish I could live in Vancouver.

Way to ruin America, Canada! Suppose that is pretty good revenge for all the shit we give you, though in our defense I'd like to remind you that when liberals do it it's mostly out of jealousy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom