• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 9 |OT| - This. is. the. GPODAWUND

BigAT

sam-bradford.gif

People acting like Bradford has been shit and not the Oline/running game is pretty mind boggling.

Vikes have got like 2.4 ypc on the ground and are completely incapable of pass blocking.

I think you're logic is kinda weak. I don't see a guy like Saban hanging it up when he just ties Bryant for the record. He'll go for the legacy and try to win two more which, again, is entirely possible as long as he's pulling in "nearly NFL ready" freshman season after season.

But yeah Lou Holtz is still kinda revered at Arkansas but that might be because it's just been so damn long. Still I think you're underestimating how bad it looked to be banging a 25 year old that he hired over other better candidates...and she was engaged and he's married. In the heart of the Bible belt no less where they want to believe that all of their sports people are basically sinless men of the cloth in addition to being workaholics at their job. I can't overstate enough how important it is for Arkansas fans to believe that they're rooting for the "good guy".
If Floyd Mayweather of all people decided not to beat Rocky Marciano's record due to respect. I could see Saban deciding not to stay and just wrap it due to age. he's been looking more frustrated on the sidelines compared to years past.. I think Jimmy Johnson said when he retired "That to be a successful coach, you have to be an asshole.. and I'm tired of being an asshole." Saban could just as easily be tired of being an asshole privately.

Sure he might stay for 2-3 more years, but there's no way I can see him wanting to stay when he's 70. Fuck that noise, he will Woody Hayes someone if he gets that old and still decides to coach. Also.. in regards to the Scandal, You know what makes people forget about shit like that? Winning.. it's the ultimate aphrodisiac. If Petrino came back and three years time made you all second fiddle to Bama.. Shit, they'd give em their daughter's cell numbers.

We have Rick Pitino basically being a pimp for his basketball players, Briles and Paterno.. People are willing to forgive things in the sake of winning.. If the school were to announce that they were bringing back Petrino.. Jerruh would ask immediately what he needed to win.

I'm sorry Slo.. you don't deserve this

Why does NBC need a theme song when they have a strong and iconic theme to begin with?

Just bring back the racist Hank Williams Jr. ffs if that is the goal.
I would almost second this..

man Hank Williams's songs were awesome lead-ins.. why did he have to rival Ted Nugent in terms of insanity..

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Packers' Edgar Bennett was promoted in February of 2015 and is now longest-tenured OC in NFC North.

boxter432

Norv resigned? Wonder what the story is there? Vikings are screwed.

the story is, the offense sucks and you are in charge, either resign or you are fired.
even a below average running game and offense and this team wins 12+ games, but they've lost the past two games purely on the inability to move the ball whatsoever, making the defense work way too hard to keep the games close.

Real talk: I've dashed hopes of making a run at the end but if they can even marginally improve the offense we can still win the NFC North.

I'd like that. If not though? This team could pull a falcons even with the defense being what it is.

People acting like Bradford has been shit and not the Oline/running game is pretty mind boggling.

Vikes have got like 2.4 ypc on the ground and are completely incapable of pass blocking.

Those things are not mutually exclusive.

The Vikes O-line is bad.

Bradford is also complete shit. This is an undeniable fact with years of data to back this up.

EDIT: The only mind-boggling thing is that it's 2016 and there are still people who think Bradford could be a good NFL QB.

Those things are not mutually exclusive.

The Vikes O-line is bad.

Bradford is also complete shit. This is an undeniable fact with years of data to back this up.

EDIT: The only mind-boggling thing is that it's 2016 and there are still people who think Bradford could be a good NFL QB.

I've watched all the Vikings games this year and he has played totally fine up until the Oline completely imploded against the eagles.

Not great, but fine.

Pepiope

I've watched all the Vikings games this year and he has played totally fine up until the Oline completely imploded against the eagles.

Not great, but fine.
People hate Bradford for some reason. He's a good QB.

There's a reason we got a 1st and a 4th for him.

Tom Nook

ATL @ TB Aguayo does it again.

DET @ MIN upset
PIT @ BAL
NYJ @ MIA
DAL @ CLE
JAX @ KC
PHI @ NYG

CAR @ LA
NO @ SF upset special. Kaep is in "FUCK IT" mode. Runs 100+ yrds.
TEN @ SD
IND @ GB

DEN @ OAK

BUF @ SEA

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Norv Turner firing is a desperate attempt to regain control of the locker room by holding someone on the coaching staff accountable. I don't see how it's going to actually improve things though.

i've never had a michelada

is this a good thing?

That's a weird drink.

Like someone accidentally mixed their beer and bloody mary together and someone said "mmm that's not bad".

Pass.

bionic77

Can we score 24 points with our offense with Ben playing on one leg?

I feel like the Ravens defense is not that good and Ben might be able to drop 28 even on a lame leg.

Just give us a win, a bad Flacco game, no more serious injuries (especially to Bell, Brown and Ben) and another Cincy loss.

Thats all I want before the election Tebow. Please save my team and then save the country!

Bread

Banned
tonight i'm bringing my staff to the Kanye concert :)

DM found us a great deal on floor seats, only $350 each! Thanks DM!

Beadie is the worst boss I have ever seen. And you guys are idiots to be under him. He is showing sign of Trumpesque actions. We need to stop this before it spreads to the rest of NFL-GAF.

#MakeGAFGreatAgain

Not great, but fine.

Yeah but that's the thing. "Fine" is the absolute ceiling for Bradford no matter how much talent you surround him with. Congrats, you've already seen the best that Bradford has to offer and your team gave up a first round pick for it.

People hate Bradford for some reason. He's a good QB.

There's a reason we got a 1st and a 4th for him.

That reason is the Vikings are fucking morons.

Yeah but that's the thing. "Fine" is the absolute ceiling for Bradford no matter how much talent you surround him with. Congrats, you've already seen the best that Bradford has to offer and your team gave up a first round pick for it.

That reason is the Vikings are fucking morons.

Did the Vikings and or Sam Bradford piss in your cheerios? Wew.

Top Bottom