• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

Everyone gets a pair of Zubaz!!

Dan-Marino-Zubaz-02.jpg

MechDX

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highl...-brock-osweiler/?utm_source=vicesportstwitter

The Texans, though, still have a season to save. At 6-5, a half-game up on the Titans, they are still somehow in a driver's seat to make the playoffs. But to do so, they have to admit that a sunk cost is a sunk cost. Osweiler hasn't gotten any better and won't be getting any better. Managing him has just left the Houston offense hoping that defenses forget to cover the tight end in the middle of the field, whether it's C.J. Fiedorowicz or Ryan Griffin.

So, as they did when they reached out for Osweiler, it's time to embrace the unknown. It's time to come full-circle to 2014. It's time to start Tom Savage.

Savage was picked in the fourth round as a developmental quarterback who the Texans apparently preferred to Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr near the top of the second round. And, while he was a complete tools freak of a prospect, with little in the way of college production, he did appear fairly competent in the preseason. His arm strength is the best the Texans have on their roster at the moment.

#FREEHIM

96231-wind-blowing-Nicolas-Cage-hair-GPA9.gif

Hindl

Same and mostly because my PS4 "What's new" feed and Twitter are just screen shots and dungeon talk

Yeah I just bought a few games so I could wait, but the impressions seem pretty good. I always like gameplay over story, and the gameplay has been getting pretty good reviews so I kinda want to check it out. And everyone says that you can tell it's been in development forever and is just kinda this weird Japanese game with some charming jank. A road trip game fighting monsters sounds pretty good tbh

MechDX

Christmas shopping done, my boys should be ecstatic with their gifts.

Got Trejo a Tom Savage jersey and a copy of Con Air

Bitanator

I want to see Nzeocha get some snaps.

Btw, who would you rather bring up off IR, Collins or Tapper (assuming both are healthy)?

Collins, we have shit at D line anyways and Tapper has not taken meaningful snaps at all this year, not even in training camp. Leary goes down you can either have Looney or whoever we got left out there or Collins, plus Martin can kick out to RT if needed and can squeeze Collins at RG in emergency.

bionic77

Way too much fascist football talk.

Going to liven up the mood with some Switch talk.

Last night I showed my wife some promotional videos of the Xbone and PS4 and she was put off by them and said she needed some time alone with just the kids and a really good divorce attorney we know.

Getting a little nervous I quickly showed her a video of the Switch in action and she said she changed her mind about meeting with the divorce attorney and was still madly in love with me and thought we should bring one of her hot single friends into the bedroom for a late birthday present. On the condition that she also get her own Switch. I thought it a reasonable request. We don't want fights over who gets to play it.

I learned a pretty good lesson from this. If you want to be miserable and alone stick with the Boner and the PS4. Alternatively you could also eat your own shit. Pretty much the same thing.

If two girls at the same time sounds like it might be something you might be into then pre-order the Switch.

MechDX

lol @ Future. Perfect gif

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 8m8 minutes ago
Osweiler on Packers defense: "Very talented defense. They have a secondary that's extremely athletic. I expect a great challenge."

Brock has CTE. Explains a lot

Hindl

For real?

Also, I would say Russel Wilson is second tier elite, not top tier

Eli is too inconsistent for me to consider completely elite. He's gotten better in the past few years and he's been the best thing about several of those Giants teams but I can't consider him elite. He's clutch but not elite. He is better than the others in that category though, I could see him moved to second tier

Syrinx

How is Cousins "fake elite"? I have never heard anybody use that word to describe him.

Also Matt Ryan is not elite.

Also a shit ton of other problems with the list.

Sephzilla

Eli is too inconsistent for me to consider completely elite. He's gotten better in the past few years and he's been the best thing about several of those Giants teams but I can't consider him elite. He's clutch but not elite. He is better than the others in that category though, I could see him moved to second tier

When you beat the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl and vanquish evil I think you get honorary elite status

Is second tier elite code for not elite at all?

He's good but I have a hard time saying a QB is elite when they get absolutely exposed in the NFC Championship game by a Dom Capers Packers defense, and it takes an all time Packers meltdown for him to look decent.

Hindl

When you beat the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl and vanquish evil I think you get honorary elite status

He's good but I have a hard time saying a QB is elite when they get absolutely exposed in the NFC Championship game by a Dom Capers Packers defense, and it takes an all time Packers meltdown for him to look decent.

That's why I argue he's clutch, not elite. Eli is too derpy for pressure to affect him, and he's one of the clutchest QBs in the league. But he's up and down. To me Elite is year in and year out a consistent level of top tier play. Eli has been consistently great but not elite, especially compared to the other QBs in that category sans Ryan

Top Bottom