• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 13 |OT| This is not the Greatest NFL Thread it's Only a Tribute

Farooq

Banned
Collins, we have shit at D line anyways and Tapper has not taken meaningful snaps at all this year, not even in training camp. Leary goes down you can either have Looney or whoever we got left out there or Collins, plus Martin can kick out to RT if needed and can squeeze Collins at RG in emergency.

It would make sense to protect the engine of the team. What's up with Green, is he close to coming back?

I can't help but feel the anemic pass rush is going to bite the Cowboys in the ass though. Mayowa was a wasted signing. God damn Gregory, it would have been so nice to have him right now.

When you beat the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl and vanquish evil I think you get honorary elite status

He's good but I have a hard time saying a QB is elite when they get absolutely exposed in the NFC Championship game by a Dom Capers Packers defense, and it takes an all time Packers meltdown for him to look decent.

I agree completely. Also throwing away a SB because you dont want the RB on your team to get the glory should knock you down a lot. Wuss is okay but he isnt anything special.

Pepiope

I agree completely. Also throwing away a SB because you dont want the RB on your team to get the glory should knock you down a lot. Wuss is okay but he isnt anything special.
Russ is a phenomenal QB who deserves to be called elite. Even if he let evil win.

cdyhybrid

When you beat the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl and vanquish evil I think you get honorary elite status

He's good but I have a hard time saying a QB is elite when they get absolutely exposed in the NFC Championship game by a Dom Capers Packers defense, and it takes an all time Packers meltdown for him to look decent.
To be fair, he was playing with a concussion since the NFL doesn't give a fuck and also let Matthews stay in the game.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
ThatsMyQB.gif

Cyh4QKFVEAAaPOJ.jpg:large

Need to make room in that Elite group for one more...

benface.0.gif

That's why I argue he's clutch, not elite. Eli is too derpy for pressure to affect him, and he's one of the clutchest QBs in the league. But he's up and down. To me Elite is year in and year out a consistent level of top tier play. Eli has been consistently great but not elite, especially compared to the other QBs in that category sans Ryan

He belongs in that second tier rung and with movement up to that first tier when the playoffs start. It's laughable to sit him alongside some of the trash in that fake elite row.

If you're primary metric is consistency, bro - arguments can be made about Luck, Stafford, Cam, etc.

Syrinx

And seriously, "Decent, but will never win Super Bowl"; how do you even make such a definitive statement about guys as young as Winston, Mariota, and Wentz?

MechDX

And seriously, "Decent, but will never win Super Bowl"; how do you even make such a definitive statement about guys as young as Winston, Mariota, and Wentz?

No two peoples list will be the same. They are all just conversation fodder.

Anyways its @NFLMemes who created it to begin with.

Hindl

He belongs in that second tier rung and with movement up to that first tier when the playoffs start. It's laughable to sit him alongside some of the trash in that fake elite row.

If you're primary metric is consistency, bro - arguments can be made about Luck, Stafford, Cam, etc.

I did correct in another post and say I could see him moving into the second tier but point taken

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
By every measure of the definition, Matt Ryan is elite this year and the front runner for MVP. The only other person that comes close (ugh) is Tom Brady but I think he's out of contention just by virtue of the suspension.

Palette can change as one gets older, often lowering a tolerance to sweet.

Yeah I thought it about it more and now I'm remembering that regular soda is holy fuck sweet to me now.

Candies and foods are often never too sweet yet though.

Sephzilla

Matt Ryan is out of the "elite" conversation until the guy actually does something in the playoffs. Ryan looking good in the regular season and then not showing up for the playoffs is old hat at this point.

Zeke

Who backs up Lee? Nzeocha?

Btw, who would you rather bring up off IR, Collins or Tapper (assuming both are healthy)?
Yea Nezocha probably backs Lee up. As far as Collins or Trapper I can't say I've paid much attention to Tapper so can't honestly say I have a preference.

Matt Ryan is out of the "elite" conversation until the guy actually does something in the playoffs. Ryan looking good in the regular season and then not showing up for the playoffs is old hat at this point.

*glares at Andy Dalton*

Pete Carroll: Weiner dog races will be held at halftime Sunday.

Halftime is a weird time to hold RB tryouts but okay!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

Very true, Wentz could easily end up on another team someday.

Zeke

Collins, we have shit at D line anyways and Tapper has not taken meaningful snaps at all this year, not even in training camp. Leary goes down you can either have Looney or whoever we got left out there or Collins, plus Martin can kick out to RT if needed and can squeeze Collins at RG in emergency.
You think there's any chance of Leary leaving after the season? The big talk was no team is going to pay him big money because of his knee condition. I'd love to keep Leary where he is now and have Collins take the RT spot.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Sorry I didnt mean to make you look up stuff I was just taking a shot at the Eagles idiot GM.

Well remember maxwell has been up and down this year as well, he was benched in week 3 I believe but has certainly rebounded.

Sanjuro

I barely got through the tutorial. I pushed the car at the beginning of the game and stopped there for FFXV.

Now the quest to find the Redbox!

Top Bottom