• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Raven looks... interesting now? Like more ways to gain excitement and more ways to lose it, and punishing him for being too defensive.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I've run into people who see his stance so rarely they thought it was a taunt so at the very least that's going to get more use.

So I just finished re-watching GGXrd:Rev's story mode, and I feel like I missed a certain detail.

Why don't the giant gears immediately explode when they show up in Illyria? They did before, since they're known as anti-matter, why didn't they then?

Sayad

I-No's "new" move, 6S:
j1OHnoX.gif

Pompadour

This is a weird question that just popped into my head but Slayer will adjust his tie seemingly after certain combos and I was wondering what triggers this animation. Are there any other special animations like that in this game that aren't seemingly tied to a single action? It's a great detail that really sells how cool the character is.

Sayad

Not exactly the same, but I-No adjust her guitar strings(while standing or crouching) and Millia tuck her hair to the back(while crouching) while idle, they're not regular set idle animation though, they could start doing this the frame you stop moving sometimes while others even staying idle for seconds wont trigger them.

Sayad

Noob question: how do I spectate?
Go to a station where two or more playing each other and just stand behind them in the queue, there's also a prompt to just spectate and not wait inline. It has to be in a lobby I think, no spectating in the big open area with the fountain in the middle.

Hi GG GAF! Been itching to play a new fighter and I think this will be it for me. I played a lot of usfiv and sfv and some p4au. I can't decide on a main and was wondering if there were any characters in the vein of t-hawk or Dan in terms of how shitty but funny they are? Also any chars that play a guile type of style or bison?

Hi GG GAF! Been itching to play a new fighter and I think this will be it for me. I played a lot of usfiv and sfv and some p4au. I can't decide on a main and was wondering if there were any characters in the vein of t-hawk or Dan in terms of how shitty but funny they are? Also any chars that play a guile type of style or bison?

May isn't bad, but she has the goofiness of Dan with the charge inputs of Guile and Bison, but she doesn't play like any of them. But still, she probably fits your criteria best.

You might like Raven too. There's no Dan/joke characters, but everyone still thinks Raven's I'm Horny stance is a taunt lol. A lot of potential to mess with people with that move if that's your style.

Mathematics

Neo Member

Guile type I'd say Ky. Has projectiles and very vertical DP like flash kick. Also Ky is focused on the fundamentals. IMO a good character to start learning the ropes with.

Thanks for the help everyone! I ordered Revelator at $20 seems like a steal. I also noticed I bought xrd sign a while back, could I play that a bit just to get my feet wet or is Revelator hugely different?

Korigama

https://mobile.twitter.com/nage_pink/status/833183267226415104

Figures from Wonfes 2017 Winter

Looks pretty cool〜
All three of these interest me. Unfortunately, I have neither the money nor space to spare for figures.
Thanks for the help everyone! I ordered Revelator at $20 seems like a steal. I also noticed I bought xrd sign a while back, could I play that a bit just to get my feet wet or is Revelator hugely different?
Not hugely different. Should allow you to get a good grasp on the basics, plus you'll be able to find out what happened in the story before -REVELATOR- (you'll be a bit lost if you just drop into that one first).

Merrymint

Hey GG GAF. I been watching Guilty Gear recently and want to jump in. I haven't bought a ps4, and I know the ps3 version is cross play but, my problem is the price. Should I just wait for Rev2, or jump in now? I didn't see a confirmed price for Rev2 update anywhere yet.

Just for comparison the ps4 physical version is $20, the ps3 digital and physical version is $50 still. I missed that sale psn had a few weeks back :/

Spuck-uk

Banned

Slayer is kinda like SFV Bison, with his teleport dashes and great buttons. Except a lot more mobile and can deal tonnes of damage.

Hey GG GAF. I been watching Guilty Gear recently and want to jump in. I haven't bought a ps4, and I know the ps3 version is cross play but, my problem is the price. Should I just wait for Rev2, or jump in now? I didn't see a confirmed price for Rev2 update anywhere yet.

Just for comparison the ps4 physical version is $20, the ps3 digital and physical version is $50 still. I missed that sale psn had a few weeks back :/

Wait for rev 2 the player base will be refreshed. Most arc figting game fans are playing blazblue central fiction right now.

Sayad

If you don't mind physical version then pick up the $20 one then update(update is assumed to be $20), don't buy the DLC characters, they will be included in Rev2 update.

The sooner you jump in the better, this goes for any fighting game, and I doubt Rev2 physical release will be cheaper than the $40 you're gonna spend here.

Merrymint

Wait for rev 2 the player base will be refreshed. Most arc figting game fans are playing blazblue central fiction right now.

I think this might be the best idea. Thanks for the input. I wanted to buy today, but it would be more expensive i think. Then Id be coming into the game at the right time. I might find it on sale in the mean time ps3 version is so $30 more than the ps4 version. :(

If you don't mind physical version then pick up the $20 one then update(update is assumed to be $20), don't buy the DLC characters, they will be included in Rev2 update.

The sooner you jump in the better, this goes for any fighting game, and I doubt Rev2 physical release will be cheaper than the $40 you're gonna spend here.

I want to. I know the sooner you get into a fighting game the better.

Problem is, is I wouldn't be getting the ps4(i don't have one) version so I if you're right and Rev 2 is about $20 then Id be paying $70. Both physical and digital copies of Revelator are $50 for ps3 versions.

I'm curious unless i find it on sale Id be paying the same price either way right because the dlc update for ps3 would just be digital, right?

oh and thanks for the replies guys.

Sayad

I want to. I know the sooner you get into a fighting game the better.

Problem is, is I wouldn't be getting the ps4(i don't have one) version so I if you're right and Rev 2 is about $20 then Id be paying $70. Both physical and digital copies of Revelator are $50 for ps3 versions.

I'm curious unless i find it on sale Id be paying the same price either way right because the dlc update for ps3 would just be digital, right?

oh and thanks for the replies guys.
Oh, missed that, but yea, $20 is a great entry point for the current version if you find it at that price point, any more and you'd be at risk of paying more than you should. Wait for a sale or look for a used PS3 version I guess!

Merrymint

Oh, missed that, but yea, $20 is a great entry point for the current version if you find it at that price point, any more and you'd be at risk of paying more than you should. Wait for a sale or look for a used PS3 version I guess!

Friend pointed out its 40% off right now so I think I can get it now at $30. :D This price is okay to me. Can't wait. Thanks for the replies to my questions.

petran79

Banned
Is there any way to disable the automatic toning down of difficulty in arcade mode? I use Steam version.

It is very annoying having to restart arcade mode every time difficulty drops from Maniac to Hard, Normal and Easy. As if Arcsys thinks there is no way to beat hardest mode.

Trying to learn Jam and losses are more frequent than with other characters.

Sayad

Oh! You edited, but yea, I don't think there's an option for what petran79 is asking for. I still play regularly, Middle East though!

Is there any way to disable the automatic toning down of difficulty in arcade mode? I use Steam version.

It is very annoying having to restart arcade mode every time difficulty drops from Maniac to Hard, Normal and Easy. As if Arcsys thinks there is no way to beat hardest mode.

Trying to learn Jam and losses are more frequent than with other characters.

Doesn't it only do that if you lose?

petran79

Banned
Doesn't it only do that if you lose?

If you lose just once and if you win it scales up again.
But even then they made it so that if you lose 3 times the first round,you'll have to win 3 straight rounds for difficulty to rank up to maniac. Might as well play whole arcade story on easy mode.
Only option is VS,Training and MOM mode but this isnt the normal way.

Top Bottom