• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 4.5 - Official Wallpaper sharing thread

hobozero

But, why would you ever turn this off?

icWICyX.gif

KyleCross

Loving this feature.

The images that show up when you boot up some of these games have potential.
Oh shit! I never thought of pressing the Share button during the launching of a game.

EDIT: Oh, oof. It's not easy. It only lasts a couple seconds and it only lets you take a screenshot right before it disappears, trying before that tells you "Can't display the menu here" or "Cannot take a screenshot here."

BigEmil

I want custom tailor made PS4 wallpapers not covered by the icons like it's made for it
I want Nioh wallpapers and some Kingdom Hearts

Caim

Oh shit! I never thought of pressing the Share button during the launching of a game.

EDIT: Oh, oof. It's not easy. It only lasts a couple seconds and it only lets you take a screenshot right before it disappears, trying before that tells you "Can't display the menu here" or "Cannot take a screenshot here."

Yeah the timing is weird with some games.

Sometimes it'll be towards the end right before it goes away to put you into the game.

Tyaren

I don't have access to the firmware test unfortunately but once I get the regular patch this is going to be my background. :)

32700727705_2dfc351524_o.png

Maybe someone wants to use it already.

Audioboxer

The icons are Rasterized elements, not vectors, so you cannot apply any kind of color adjustment to them.

Damn that REALLY sucks.

It's such an eyesore to be stuck with blue on some wallpapers. Cmon Sony, fix this somehow. PS3 XMB clock 2.0.

Audioboxer

Also is there no way to apply a wallpaper directly if it's from an external source? I keep seeing people say screenshot your screen lol. Right now I'm just using a picture I took in TLG.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Also is there no way to apply a wallpaper directly if it's from an external source? I keep seeing people say screenshot your screen lol. Right now I'm just using a picture I took in TLG.

Yeah, the only workaround is just finding the image from the browser and taking a screen capture.

The Media Player application plays external photos just fine, but you can't make screenshots while viewing, which sucks.

Audioboxer

Yeah, the only workaround is just finding the image from the browser and taking a screen capture.

The Media Player application plays external photos just fine, but you can't make screenshots while viewing, which sucks.

Hmm, Sony need to make it easier then. It's something to start with, but like my moan about the icon colours above it's a "glass half full" situation overall.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Hmm, Sony need to make it easier then. It's something to start with, but like my moan about the icon colours above it's a "glass half full" situation overall.
Might be a lack of update for the media player
Hopefully Sony releases an update when the firmware is released which added the function to set as wallpaper

Too bad it seems like it is sort of a hassle to apply the custom wallpaper. It also sucks they haven't included folder colors or the option to pick and choose theme elements you've bought, including sound effects and music. Unfortunately I feel they may stop with this and call it a day, and hey I didn't expect them to finally bring custom wallpapers back so it's a pleasant surprise, but I wish I could use other theme music especially. Better yet, let us use our own music loaded from a USB drive.

GazzaGSi

Great feature.

I've been browsing the 2017 screenshot thread and must have saved a few dozen that look awesome as a background.

Use the PS4 web browser, go to the thread, click the image to enlarge it then scroll so it covers the screen, press the share button and job done :)

Top Bottom