• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

In the leaves

naruto-chapter-625-pic4.jpg

This is why I want at least those Sakura parents we saw in RTN to actually canonically exist beyond the anime. Kishi did their design but they are MIA beyond some filler tie ins and the movie
Sarada would be happier if she had at least some other family members beyond her Mother to see.

Then why does Sasuke even need to waste the time having Manda swallow him when he could just desummon him right away and presumably take himself with him? Instead of wasting the time to do that, he could have just desummoned and saved them both from the blast.

Because by that time the heat was getting to him.

This is why I want at least those Sakura parents we saw in RTN to actually canonically exist beyond the anime. Kishi did their design but they are MIA beyond some filler tie ins and the movie
Sarada would be happier if she had at least some other family members beyond her Mother to see.

They are canon in design. Kishi talked about this.

Yado

I'm not sure why she didn't stay with with her grandparents but I guess if Naruto could make it on his own Sarada can definitely be alone for a few days.

Tried watching this episode and fell asleep halfway through.

Because by that time the heat was getting to him.

Desummoning is instantaneous. The fastest way for him to get out of the heat would literally be to just desummon and leave right away.

Your argument is also inconsistent, because look at the bolded, and then look at this part of your first reply to my statement claiming that the light indicated damage.

Light is not the damaging factor: thats the heat and force, to which light always comes first. People seem to not understand this. Sasuke getting consumed by the light is not him getting hurt.

This is just an additional question in response to this post of yours, because I don't actually know.

3) It came out of nowhere - all these techniques were shown well before

When was it shown beforehand that you can poof away with your summon?

Yes but they need to reappear

like how Boruto has ties with his Aunt and Granpa

*Talks about Kishi
*Decides to bring in SP's decisions

Stop applying logic here. Don't you know that's not even canon?

I'm glad some of you are starting to learn. SP filler will remain just that, like it always has. Reminds of those days NaruSaku fans tried so hard to convince themselves SP's filler was written by Kishi and that Road to Ninja was essentially Kishi making NS canon lol

Desummoning is instantaneous. The fastest way for him to get out of the heat would literally be to just desummon and leave right away.

Your argument is also inconsistent, because look at the bolded, and then look at this part of your first reply to my statement claiming that the light indicated damage.

This is just an additional question in response to this post of yours, because I don't actually know.

When was it shown beforehand that you can poof away with your summon?

The act of teleportation is. Like summoning, but there is a procedure before summoning.

It was shown you can poof your summon away.
Sasuke made his summon swallow him.
If he poofed away he would be poofed with his summon.

Its simple logic.

Jonnax

I haven't seen the movie. But why isn't Sarada close with Naruto's family?

It's not like Naruto and Hinata had a falling out with Sakura. And Naruto and Sakura were in the same team and close during the series.

And aren't Naruto and Sasuke soul mates? 😋

rambis

Banned

It's not like Naruto and Hinata had a falling out with Sakura. And Naruto and Sakura were in the same team and close during the series.

And aren't Naruto and Sasuke soul mates? 😋
She is close with Naruto. You will see why in the next arc.

And aren't Naruto and Sasuke soul mates? ��

No one really knows. They properly meet like for the first time in Gaiden.....when Sarada is 12. Naruto and Sakura are still close, he still calls her Sakura-chan, she calls him a dear friend.

Tbf none of the families are shown to be as close as you would assume them to be considering they are all classmates, but its more of a "can't be bothered to write" sort of thing rather than any event happening.

prudislav

*Talks about Kishi
i remember reading some interview with Kishi and Kodachi where Kishi said that some parts of the Hyuga househgold visit was his idea ... but who knows Pierot is gonna Pierot (still agry at what they did with my favourite parts of Itachi Shinden )

No one really knows. They properly meet like for the first time in Gaiden.....when Sarada is 12. Naruto and Sakura are still close, he still calls her Sakura-chan, she calls him a dear friend.

from what i understood they were all close when they were way younger (aka the kids dont remember, only Sara+Boru and Ino-Shika-Cho seem to have some memories of some interactions between families) but not much more after than and even less when naruto became 7th.

Sasuke is great, a 2 minute date, man those two deserve each other.
Well he could've used Tsukuyomi in similar manner Itachi did to Izumi

i remember reading some interview with Kishi and Kodachi where Kishi said that some parts of the Hyuga househgold visit was his idea ... but who knows Pierot is gonna Pierot (still agry at what they did with my favourite parts of Itachi Shinden )

He basically rewrote the one hyuga episode and turned it into two with the director
Via the director, apparently Kishi was getting really into it and thus made the director do the same.
I am guessing Toneri being in the series was Kishi's idea since via a interview he apparently wanted the character to become part of the main cast and even star in the Boruto the movie but due to time constraints he couldn't happen.

Marow

Episode 8 and 9, which were about Hyuga and Boruto's eye, had Kishimoto involved and supposedly it was due to it being interesting it was split into two after originally having been one. Yes, Kishimoto may technically not be the writer, but he went over the details and stuff. This is all by the main writer of Boruto himself: https://twitter.com/u_kodachi/status/869703287884308480

Heck, I'm fairly sure Kishimoto is involved with the anime as a whole.

prudislav

Yes, Kishimoto may technically not be the writer, but he went over the details and stuff. This is all by the main writer of Boruto himself: https://twitter.com/u_kodachi/status/869703287884308480
yeah really loved Kodachi's Gaara novel (too bad it wasn't animated , but who knows SP could have f*ck it up like Itachi novels)

Kodachi was also was co-writer of the movie aswell as writer of the manga (with the help of Ikemoto doing the art) .... so i am pretty sure some Kishimoto involvement is there (in manga he is marked as editor ... no idea what official function he has in anime)

from what i understood they were all close when they were way younger (aka the kids dont remember, only Sara+Boru and Ino-Shika-Cho seem to have some memories of some interactions between families) but not much more after than and even less when naruto became 7th.

Well he could've used Tsukuyomi in similar manner Itachi did to Izumi

Its time to put these tweets to rest. Kishi being involved in a production is not the same as Kishi writing it nor is it the same as Kishi saying its part of the manga he wrote.

This may come as a shock to some of you but SP have claimed numerous times of Kishi's involvement in filler arcs (such as the Hagoromo one most recently) or part of filler movies such as Road to Ninja.

Publishers tend to use Kishi as an advertising tool (Namco Bandai and Shueisha also do this), in hopes he will draw fans, though it looks like that failed with the Boruto series lol

yeah really loved Kodachi's Gaara novel (too bad it wasn't animated , but who knows SP could have f*ck it up like Itachi novels)

Kodachi was also was co-writer of the movie aswell as writer of the manga (with the help of Ikemoto doing the art) .... so i am pretty sure some Kishimoto involvement is there (in manga he is marked as editor ... no idea what official function he has in anime)

Kishi wrote the Boruto script entirely (credited and he says so himself). Kodachi must of helped with translating it to a movie.

Kishi acts as a supervisor for the manga, but there is hardly meat to his involvement, let alone creative control. He says so himself that he looks forward to the series from a readers point of view.

rambis

Banned
Kishi changed the entire lore of a major house in two episodes. I really can't believe we still have people trying to downplay his involvement lol.

marrow said:
Episode 8 and 9, which were about Hyuga and Boruto's eye, had Kishimoto involved and supposedly it was due to it being interesting it was split into two after originally having been one. Yes, Kishimoto may technically not be the writer, but he went over the details and stuff. This is all by the main writer of Boruto himself: https://twitter.com/u_kodachi/status/869703287884308480

I think he is mostly involved with the anime and that the anime is the main source material of the series. It was the anime that Kishi said he was going to make better than Shippuden. I don't think Boruto will have a particularly long run and the story will progress much faster in the anime.

pretty much and there is some weird obsession about words filler/canon and everyone seem to have own definitions of those

Filler and canon are real things if you care about the characters. Characters, relationships, events and even lore act differently when written by someone else, especially the directors at SP lol

SP did this with Naruto, with Bleach and went even further with Tokyo Ghoul and tried to rewrite the story. However, fans know and thats why SP anime ratings have been crashing for over a decade, despite franchises like Naruto being able to grow in other mediums in that time.

*Talks about Kishi
Look if Kishi really cared then Sakura's Parents would be in Gaiden

Likely have Sarada bring the unconscious Sakura there instead of staying at Shizune's place

They can do some SasuSaku stuff post the Boruto movie arc since Sasuke by then would be on the down low

The act of teleportation is. Like summoning, but there is a procedure before summoning.

Sasuke made his summon swallow him.
If he poofed away he would be poofed with his summon.

Its simple logic.

There's no procedure for desummoning except the hand sign and poof. That is near instantaneous, (as you yourself previously said) and the quickest way to avoid the heat would be to just desummon and not to waste time mind controlling Manda and jumping into his mouth.

So I'm guessing you not replying to my question tells me that they haven't established that you can poof away with your summon.

Instead you think this is somehow a sufficient response.

That wasn't even my question, you're trying to avoid it using your own sloppy snake escape esque tactic. It's not going to work on me, Sasuke.

This is why it's very valid for people to find that whole sequence to be a poorly executed asspull.

It's "so simple" you can't even keep your own argument straight, after flip flopping on whether the light causes damage.

rambis

Banned
pretty much and there is some weird obsession about words filler/canon and everyone seem to have own definitions of those

This is what happens when you try to apply Star Wars/Star Trek like author worship and tribalism to eastern works. It is weird.

I used to know a guy from Japan who was one of the many animators that worked on the original series. He hated everything about Naruto and his job. It was kinda funny. Thats all I really know about this series.

Parshias7

Looking at the next episode preview, I didn't expect them to take that OVA and put it into the regular series. The OVA itself is only 10 minutes long so I assume the rest of the episode will be some original stuff.

Morlas

Looking at the next episode preview, I didn't expect them to take that OVA and put it into the regular series. The OVA itself is only 10 minutes long so I assume the rest of the episode will be some original stuff.

the first half will be the ova and then the second half will be naruto's unconcious body on the couch while the rest of the family goes about their dailies

Look if Kishi really cared then Sakura's Parents would be in Gaiden

Likely have Sarada bring the unconscious Sakura there instead of staying at Shizune's place

They can do some SasuSaku stuff post the Boruto movie arc since Sasuke by then would be on the down low

Sarada went there to find things out not stay there. Come on bro, at least put some effort into it.
Don't really care. Much like DBS, shallow continuations of series, long after the author has concluded his storyline do nothing for me. The characters do not feel themselves and neither do the relationships.

There's no procedure for desummoning except the hand sign and poof. That is near instantaneous, (as you yourself previously said) and the quickest way to avoid the heat would be to just desummon and not to waste time mind controlling Manda and jumping into his mouth.

So I'm guessing you not replying to my question tells me that they haven't established that you can poof away with your summon.

Instead you think this is somehow a sufficient response.

That wasn't even my question, you're trying to avoid it using your own sloppy snake escape esque tactic. It's not going to work on me, Sasuke.

This is why it's very valid for people to find that whole sequence to be a poorly executed asspull.

It's "so simple" you can't even keep your own argument straight, after flip flopping on whether the light causes damage.

The animal, but traveling with the animal: thats never been shown and thats why I assumed Sasuke being swallowed allowed him to be transported instantaneously.

Eh, I've said all along that the light does not do damage.

The animal, but traveling with the animal: thats never been shown and thats why I assumed Sasuke being swallowed allowed him to be transported instantaneously.

Eh, I've said all along that the light does not do damage.

You can assume, but it was never something that was confirmed or shown beforehand, that's why it feels like it came out of nowhere for people. Because I would always assume that only the snake itself would poof away and Sasuke would be left behind regardless. Until that moment anyway.

Also you said the reason he jumped in Manda instead of just desummoning is because "the heat was getting to him" http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244593867&postcount=1307 Weren't you implying light = heat? Or are you saying the light isn't damaging him? Light is heat according to real world psychics.

I'm glad some of you are starting to learn. SP filler will remain just that, like it always has. Reminds of those days NaruSaku fans tried so hard to convince themselves SP's filler was written by Kishi and that Road to Ninja was essentially Kishi making NS canon lol

I really lol'd at this.

Sarada went there to find things out not stay there. Come on bro, at least put some effort into it.
Don't really care. Much like DBS, shallow continuations of series, long after the author has concluded his storyline do nothing for me. The characters do not feel themselves and neither do the relationships.

There is so much to say to this that I don't know were to start, but then I stopped because it seems your already dead set.
Also Super is great... it is also canon like Boruto heh

Top Bottom