• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead out September 29th for $19.99 (XB1/Windows 10 and Steam)

Chris1

Do we know when reviews hit?

With the 2 people a few posts above saying they haven't got a review copy and no countdown on opencritic I'm getting the feeling there's no review copies sent out

I can't believe we're only three days away from this. I'm super excited to finally try it and hear the game's soundtrack in full.

GriffinCorp

I'm so excited to finally be able to play this game. The music is incredible. It's a great price and I hope it sells well. I preordered mine months ago.

Got to play it at EGX and really enjoyed my time with it.

The graphics look great and the controls are nice and responsive but it's bloody hard, I died a lot, even though the demo was set to easy, so a warning to people that don't like dying in games and go into a rage, this might not be the game for you lol.

kodecraft

Impressions have been pretty stellar, but this is a bit unusual for a high profile game like this.

Is this game high profile though?

I already have this pre-ordered but I am interested in reviews and how GAF receives it. If the game is challenging as it seems, I wonder how many here will not refund. A game can look as pretty as it wants but if the challenge isn't enjoyed it becomes a chore to tolerate.

We'll see.

Impressions have been pretty stellar, but this is a bit unusual for a high profile game like this.

I love the fact that we think Cuphead is a high profile game, really awesome for Studio MDHR :)

Would the lack of review copies be about trying to keep the levels and there variety as secretive as possible? I have it preloaded on the the Xbox so im not too bothered either way and I'm quite looking forward to going into it relatively blind.

Vinc

I'm all good waiting on reviews... and honestly, even if it reviews poorly, I might take the plunge and buy it anyway just to LOOK at it.

It just looks so damn good.

Poppy

i wonder if people saying it's too hard would be a detractor from sales and they dont want early reviews due to that

or you know maybe it has problems or still needs last minute patch ups or something idk

FHIZ

You'll be waiting a long time then. It's a console exclusive on Microsoft's Xbox One.
Not that I care, but wasn’t there like some quote out there that hinted that this VERSION is console exclusive, so if they were to do something like Super Cuphead with some added content or change, it could come out elsewhere, sort of like Super Timeforce.

Not that I care, but wasn’t there like some quote out there that hinted that this VERSION is console exclusive, so if they were to do something like Super Cuphead with some added content or change, it could come out elsewhere, sort of like Super Timeforce.

It depends what kind of contract Studio MDHR signed with Microsoft. Could be they can't put the game out on any current console on the market, the same that happened with Super Meat Boy when it first came out. Perhaps maybe a lengthy time exclusive.

Until then, the only platforms are X1 and PC.

Artanisix

Not so worried about lack of review (although I'd be interested in hearing why). The impressions for the game have been fantastic so unless they somehow shit the bed with the later bosses, everything is gonna be great.

Top Bottom