• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I havent been able to get into a good show since the sopranos and now recently breaking bad. How is this show compared to them? Feel free to pm me because I dont want to read spoilers

kevin1025

Banned
I havent been able to get into a good show since the sopranos and now recently breaking bad. How is this show compared to them? Feel free to pm me because I dont want to read spoilers

Personally, I wouldn't say it's on the same level, but if it keeps its quality, it will be a tiny tier below those.

kevin1025

Banned
Man, I'm never watching it live in Canada again. We're still 45 minutes from the end, and the commercials completely break scenes in half. :(

This is such an unbelievably special show. I want to say it is head and shoulders above anything else on TV but The Americans and The Knick still exist and out of respect to those two shows I'll just say it's simply the best program going.

I have no idea how USA of all places landed ass backwards in to this staggering production but they should be commended for clearly getting the hell out of the way for an auteur like Sam Esmail and allowing his writing and directing to come across uncensored. I haven't seen such confident, singular vision in a show since Simon and Chase ended their runs years ago. This is high art. This is approaching high points for style, production and depth for dramatic television.

Hopefully this doesn't come off too obnoxious but I needed a place to vomit some praise for this show that so very much deserves it. I'm really quite taken aback by how great and unique what Esmail has created already is and continues to be.

I'll probably watch the premiere a few more times before I feel confident talking about it more and because of how unreliable our narrator is, speculation can seem sort of pointless this early in the season.

"I'm late for my church group. Peace."

Anyone know who the actress was that was in the FBI/ordering the sandwich and making smalltalk with the owner? She looked incredibly familiar, but I can't seem to place her.

CRS

AV Club review.

Mac Quayle continuing to do great work with the score. And kudos to the people doing the song selection. Great songs from i monster and Collins.

Sometimes I'm just astounded at how good this show is despite (or maybe because of) the vast majority of the characters being complete assholes.

Like seriously, is anyone rooting for anyone? Or are we all just along for the ride?

Yeef

Anyone know who the actress was that was in the FBI/ordering the sandwich and making smalltalk with the owner? She looked incredibly familiar, but I can't seem to place her.
I had the same feeling. I think she was in Newsroom.
Sometimes I'm just astounded at how good this show is despite (or maybe because of) the vast majority of the characters being complete assholes.

Like seriously, is anyone rooting for anyone? Or are we all just along for the ride?
I was rooting for Gideon. ;(

Mii

Banned
I'm new to Mr Robot. Watched all of S1 yesterday and now just watched start of S2.

Given I haven't been part of any of the discussion, I wanted to check. Am I unusual or normal to be cheering for E Corp (and now Angela), particularly since the end of S1? I've assumed I'm supposed to interpret this show as following along with the likeable antagonists (digital terrorists) and that the protagonists are flawed (
the loony they had, Tyrell, appears for now to be with the terrorists).

But now the after-show is referring to E Corp CEO as being a 'classic villain'.

I could see people who are anarchist sympathizers or those with strong anti-consumerism views agreeing more with the views of Darlene and FSociety, with some caveats.

What is GAF consensus?

kevin1025

Banned
This is such an unbelievably special show. I want to say it is head and shoulders above anything else on TV but The Americans and The Knick still exist and out of respect to those two shows I'll just say it's simply the best program going.

I have no idea how USA of all places landed ass backwards in to this staggering production but they should be commended for clearly getting the hell out of the way for an auteur like Sam Esmail and allowing his writing and directing to come across uncensored. I haven't seen such confident, singular vision in a show since Simon and Chase ended their runs years ago. This is high art. This is approaching high points for style, production and depth for dramatic television.

Hopefully this doesn't come off too obnoxious but I needed a place to vomit some praise for this show that so very much deserves it. I'm really quite taken aback by how great and unique what Esmail has created already is and continues to be.

I'll probably watch the premiere a few more times before I feel confident talking about it more and because of how unreliable our narrator is, speculation can seem sort of pointless this early in the season.

"I'm late for my church group. Peace."

Very well said. It's certainly worth the praise!

Just finished the premiere. I won't do spoilers because of the west coast and all, but it feels like this is a strong start to a second season. With most of last season's reveals, I thought the show might have trouble keeping its footing, but now it feels more like a prestige drama at the top of its game, more than it had last year.

Top Bottom