• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Zissou

If you're gonna have magic series still, button layout seems wonky.

Marvel 3
L M H
S

Magic series
1 2 3

Vs

M:I

LP HP
LK HK

Magic series

1 3
2 4
(and then d.HP to launch)

Seems significantly less intuitive than drumming your fingers across the buttons in order like in 3.

Sayad

If you're gonna have magic series still, button layout seems wonky.

Marvel 3
L M H
S

Magic series
1 2 3

Vs

M:I

LP HP
LK HK

Magic series

1 3
2 4
(and then d.HP to launch)

Seems significantly less intuitive than drumming your fingers across the buttons in order like in 3.
It's obviously made for controllers not sticks.
1 4
2 3

Seyavesh

mvc2 scheme i think is more for reducing input complexity rather than button placement complexity - magic series on controller is effectively the same in sequential input in a circle across the buttons so it's not really related to that

the big thing is that with separate punch/kick it means you get to reduce moves to qcf/qcb across punches and kicks rather than having 3 strengths of moves across diff. buttons

not having any medium button is real curious bc it leaves me asking if every poke is just gonna be with st.lk or something. i'm a real big fan of lmhs just 'cuz it doesn't limit normals to punch/kick with the big diff. between light/heavy. there's less room for finesse in normal design, i think.

more importantly how the fuck is wesker gonna cr.m a fool without a dang medium punch when d+HP is universally launch

Zissou

I assume one of the light buttons will be a quicker short range move and the other will be a slower startup longer range poke or something. The name of the button doesn't necessarily matter a whole lot.

It seems generally wonky to me that no matter how you slice it, doing basic magic series stuff in infinite is more complicated than the marvel 3 equivalent (assuming hearsay is true about the combo system).

I don't think Marvel Infinite will have the issue of medium moves being gated behind double tap lights. We just won't have medium moves.

I hope not. I want this game to commit to light and heavy normals, like a KOF game.

If you want "medium" style buttons, just have some command normals and that'll work.

Seyavesh

I hope not. I want this game to commit to light and heavy normals, like a KOF game.

If you want "medium" style buttons, just have some command normals and that'll work.

i mean, do you think they're gonna add in command normals like that when their design goal of making it be punches/kicks is to reduce input complexity?
it feels extremely unlikely. maybe df+hk for slides, at most? idk

everyone being wolverine is lame in terms of normal design. especially when you start considering the magic series chain- either you're dashing cr.lk/st.jab or st.lk or whatever gets you within the short ass range of that stuff or doing sweep/HK into launch. just give me a fast, big poke that i can confirm into something that isn't just raw launch

i freakin' love ryu crmk. why doesn't capcom want me to have it

Numb

C-fC3ExUwAAdOFH.jpg
Tri step up

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
TTT2's customization theme is probably a more memorable song, but if you're in there tinkering with decals for a few hours, it gets old super fast.

Then again, I'm a sucker for melancholy futuristic tracks, so maybe I'm biased.

EDIT: It sounds like something MYRONE (Drift Stage composer) would make. Perhaps that's why I like it so much.

MechaX

Anna, Zafina

When I picked up Tag 2, I believe I dug Anna's style. And... shit, I think I played as Lars or some shit as well.

In the scenario Hwoarang's moveset becomes too overwhelming:
-If you get the most satisfaction out of Sarah's Edge Kick executions I recommend Lee Chaolan since you can get something similar with Lee's acid rain.
-If you get the most satisfaction out of Sarah's Shadow Step & Shuffle stances give Josie a try.

Hwaorang has mostly kick based attacks and a flamingo stance, is also on the more agressive side of the cast as well.

From what I have seen probably Katarina.

May also want to give Josie a shot.

After watching some vids, I am actually digging Katarina, Hwaorang, and Josie pretty equally.

And damn, Katarina's super or whatever...

But hey, I'm just glad I have characters that I am legit interested in trying on release. I've had too many problems lately where characters just don't gel with me for reasons I cannot ascertain.

Sayad

I assume one of the light buttons will be a quicker short range move and the other will be a slower startup longer range poke or something. The name of the button doesn't necessarily matter a whole lot.

It seems generally wonky to me that no matter how you slice it, doing basic magic series stuff in infinite is more complicated than the marvel 3 equivalent (assuming hearsay is true about the combo system).
MvC3 magic series on controller was
1 2
4 3
So it has the same motion now just a different path, except it's apparently more universal now than it was in MvC3, don't see how's that wonky!

To be more specific, it's:
Code:
  2          4
1   3  vs  1   3
  4          2

Wow, didn't know you were one of those "never wash" people.
No lol, it's not that. I believe you can also customize the colour of the water that comes out of the showerhead in this game.

And naturally, people did the yellow colour.

Those freaking showerheads that spray yellow water, UGGGHHH. Why would anyone PAY to use that with their character?

I distinctly remember seeing a Dragunov that had yellow water coming out of that. Maybe it was an option, maybe it was a "coloured aura" on the character that made it look yellow. Either way it was horrendous.

Man can't believe Tekken 7 is actually gonna finally comeout. It feels like ages since I first saw it at evo 2(?) years ago. I heard the story mode might have some features to tech the basics so I'm looking forward to that, the only opportunity I've had to mess with Tekken was at a friends house with 5DR and TT2. My only worry is that it's going to have Denuvo, but I haven't heard rumors about that in awhile.

Sayad

Man can't believe Tekken 7 is actually gonna finally comeout. It feels like ages since I first saw it at evo 2(?) years ago. I heard the story mode might have some features to tech the basics so I'm looking forward to that, the only opportunity I've had to mess with Tekken was at a friends house with 5DR and TT2. My only worry is that it's going to have Denuvo, but I haven't heard rumors about that in awhile.
I remember an ATP episode where RIP was worried that when T7 comes out, SFV will come out few months later and steal all the players/spectators, this was around late 2014 when SFV just got announced, lol!

Top Bottom