• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Ramirez

Ah yes, another "adapt" video from a self proclaimed Crucible scholar. Let me just ignore all of the sweaty skirmish games I played that featured teamshooting and teamwork, but not at the expense of killing someone on your own with your primary.

And lol at that montage full of double melees and power weapon kills on bad players. Of course you're going to get easy kills when you're the only one with power weapons.

Mtashed is the best sniper I ever faced in D1, I never matched up with Triplewreck or Krafty, but this motherfucker didn't miss, so yea, I'll listen to him.

Dude in the montage was doing work with the sidearm as well. He gives you 8 minutes of multi kills, and you come back with the weak "bad players" line, c'mon breh. All I've read on here from you guys is stuff like what's in that video isn't even possible anymore! Bad players, good players, doesn't matter, it happened!

Mtashed is the best sniper I ever faced in D1, I never matched up with Triplewreck or Krafty, but this motherfucker didn't miss, so yea, I'll listen to him.

Dude in the montage was doing work with the sidearm as well. He gives you 8 minutes of multi kills, and you come back with the weak "bad players" line, c'mon breh.

Dude is a good player using the lowest TTK weapons in their optimal range on unsuspecting players.
LluWply.png

Reminds me of Unyshek's Warzone multikills.

All I've read on here from you guys is stuff like what's in that video isn't even possible anymore! Bad players, good players, doesn't matter, it happened!

I wont speak for anyone else, but I'll say that I personally find Halo CE more interesting to play and watch than Halo 2 or Halo 3 because the potential to outplay your opponent without a power weapon or teammate is greater, and thus provides a more exciting player and spectating experience.

I'll give DestinyStrikeWatchDST a chance, but it looks like I'm going to end up in the jaded D1 crowd just like I ended up in the jaded Halo 1 crowd. I guess there will never be a game for us again.

So, can I choose to just play Control, or am I randomly going to get modes I don't want to play?

The only way to play Control currently is selecting Quickplay, and assuming even distribution (10 maps, each can play the 3 game types), you'll have a 33% chance to play control with the other 2 being Clash and Supremacy.

Do you have a link to Luke saying that?

I can't link it but it's in the Game Informer issue from June 11, 2017.

Cornbread78

So my buddy wanted to give this a whirl since D2 is coming soon, but I haven't played the TK or RoI DLC as of yet. How long does it take to go through that DLC and is the community still pretty active online?

Hopefully it's like riding a bike and I can get right back into it. I'm going to use a new character and start from scratch and go through the story with him...

Bizazedo

The only way to play Control currently is selecting Quickplay, and assuming even distribution (10 maps, each can play the 3 game types), you'll have a 33% chance to play control with the other 2 being Clash and Supremacy.

I can't link it but it's in the Game Informer issue from June 11, 2017.

That sucks. I want to play the modes I want to play when I want to play them.

Deku Tree

Wasn’t Mtashed the streamer who tried many attempts on twitch and failed to carry Lars to Mercury? Then Bungie announced huge ban wave the next day in TWAB.

I thought Bungie reworked pvp for these guys, of course he loves it. 'Average Joe FoH'd me ruining my 99-streak stream, fix this shit!'

To my knowledge, the changes are just Bungie's. Not the result of any particular segment of the playerbase's requests.

We've seen speculation that high level players don't like it. And of course there's people saying the casuals don't like it.

The reality is it's different and some people like it and others don't. The speculation that it favors one type of player or another is just that. Speculation.

Now that we know Eververse is coming back, Bungie really needs to let us know what's going on with equipping emotes.

I think I speak for every single person who has posted in this thread when I say that if they relaunch Eververse with a bunch of new emotes and we can still only equip a single one, that's absolutely ridiculous.

You can't speak for me. I am not spending a single penny on silver this time around because of the following:

1) We were supposed to get silver for being active in d1, never came. Regardless, there shouldn't be things tied solely to microtransactions.
2) If you buy silver/emote for PS4, you don't get it on xbox (or pc) and that sucks. I don't know any game that does this but that would definitely make buying it much more worth it for me. I'd probably have spent $100+ had this been the case versus $20ish.
3) Emotes/shaders/emblems from D1 doesn't transfer.
4) Anytime I had questions (such as my Bungie emblems that were missing), they never ever answered. Worse communication / customer service I've ever had which is too bad because I WANT to give them all the things but they are simply not good at communcating with people. What's the point of having @BungieHelp on twitter when they never help? It's frustrating for something you love so much but that isn't reciprocated in the least.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So my buddy wanted to give this a whirl since D2 is coming soon, but I haven't played the TK or RoI DLC as of yet. How long does it take to go through that DLC and is the community still pretty active online?

Hopefully it's like riding a bike and I can get right back into it. I'm going to use a new character and start from scratch and go through the story with him...
TTK is quite substantial and will take you a bit to go through, and while RoI is shorter it does have a new area. In the community at large there are still quite a lot of active players, but it can just about all be completed solo (or with your buddy) without any trouble except for the raids.

Cornbread78

TTK is quite substantial and will take you a bit to go through, and while RoI is shorter it does have a new area. In the community at large there are still quite a lot of active players, but it can just about all be completed solo (or with your buddy) without any trouble except for the raids.

OK, Good deal.

It's been over a year since I fired the game up, but I bought the other DLC packs and unlocked them, so now it's an A to Z trip through the story and DLC packs...

This should be interesting!

Thank you!

This Is Bullshit....hope they change this, so I can choose at release.

Doubtful, like I said in another thread, I think it's being done to ensure they have a huge pool of connection+skill to pull from for the two main PVP flavors.

It's going to suck for those people I'm paired with. I'll be dropin out of those matchings. I only really care about control.

Dthomp

It's going to suck for those people I'm paired with. I'll be dropin out of those matchings. I only really care about control.

This was my very first thought on reading this. 4-3 is going to be a nightmare and going to cause significantly more negative play experiences for the player as everybody backs out trying for the game mode they want. It really seems like bungie is actively trying to do things that the community has no interest in.

Most players would openly admit that they wanted a more polished balanced D1 and we all would have been happy, not some quasi-Halo game that we are getting. I preordered digitally so I have to buy it but had I not went digital I think I'd sit this one out for a while and stick with D1

This was my very first thought on reading this. 4-3 is going to be a nightmare and going to cause significantly more negative play experiences for the player as everybody backs out trying for the game mode they want. It really seems like bungie is actively trying to do things that the community has no interest in.

Most players would openly admit that they wanted a more polished balanced D1 and we all would have been happy, not some quasi-Halo game that we are getting. I preordered digitally so I have to buy it but had I not went digital I think I'd sit this one out for a while and stick with D1

Buggies solution will be massive and immediate bans for anyone who quits twice or more in a row...

Ramirez

Why would I waste my time on a mode that I don't want to play?

Just a shit attitude, IMO. Control & Supremacy are just slight variations of TDM anyways, certainly not worth throwing a tantrum over and quitting every match one doesn't pop up.

But, feel free to do as you please, I'm sure there will be penalties for excessive quitting.

I'm coming off a year of nothing but Overwatch, where I have to play every gametype. I don't love 2 checkpoint, but I'm not going to be a dick to my team and quit out every time either.

Just a shit attitude, IMO. Control & Supremacy are just slight variations of TDM anyways, certainly not worth throwing a tantrum over and quitting every match one doesn't pop up.

But, feel free to do as you please, I'm sure there will be penalties for excessive quitting.

I'm coming off a year of nothing but Overwatch, where I have to play every gametype. I don't love 2 checkpoint, but I'm not going to be a dick to my team and quit out every time either.

Uh huh, so a tantrum then. But whatever, It's good to know that you are not a dick to your teammates.

Ummm arent you a Halo player? You can pick your own mode in every other shooter. Overwatch is a horrible comparison.

Alright, its been a long time and very late, yes. But I got back to Destiny since its only like 42 days till the sequel, so why not?

Now that I'm at level 40 and at light level 317, I could use some nice carrying throughout the coming weeks to get my LL further. Feel free to add me on PSN, if you guys wanna help.

PSN: Krisars

Didn't Resistance on PS3 have a filter that allowed you to select which match types/maps you wanted to be loaded into (or excluded)? Probably too hard nowadays to implement something that was on a PS3 launch game...

Lnkn52

Why would you play Destiny physical? The disk is just a ticket anyway that doesn't include any of the DLC.

I'm purchasing the digital version from Best Buy, that includes the $10 credit from them. Just wondering if I get that OP Exotic gun from the Best Buy digital purchase or is it only available on PSN.

Deku Tree

I'm purchasing the digital version from Best Buy, that includes the $10 credit from them. Just wondering if I get that OP Exotic gun from the Best Buy digital purchase or do I have to get it from PSN.

You don’t get to pre load that way. And you have to pay tax too.

Ramirez

Have you played Destiny?

People leave strikes they don't want to play. Same with pvp modes. No one gets to dictate what we want to play.

I'm sure there won't. Reporting a player practically does nothing.

No one apart from serious DDOS'ers or lag switchers get penalized, and that too rarely.

Nope, never played it.

Ummm arent you a Halo player? You can pick your own mode in every other shooter. Overwatch is a horrible comparison.

3 game modes a piece, not really a bad comparison at all actually. You didn't select your gametype in Halo 5 either, you picked Arena or Warzone and played what the MM gave you. They're striving for the best matches possible, and playlist consolidation helps them achieve this. There's no 3v3, Rift, or Inferno...why have 5 separate playlists when you can just have a QP and Comp option?

WipedOut

Nope, never played it.

3 game modes a piece, not really a bad comparison at all actually. You didn't select your gametype in Halo 5 either, you picked Arena or Warzone and played what the MM gave you. They're striving for the best matches possible, and playlist consolidation helps them achieve this. There's no 3v3, Rift, or Inferno...why have 5 separate playlists when you can just have a QP and Comp option?

A voting system would work wonders in the quick play list. Also would help alleviate people quitting.

A voting system would work wonders in the quick play list. Also would help alleviate people quitting.

It wouldn't help alleviate quitting. Vote systems just result in the same maps getting picked over an over by the premade groups that enjoy them and when people don't like the voted map, they quit out and re-queue.

There is nothing that can be done about people quitting matches. The closest thing is getting a deserter debuff or something and that still doesn't completely stop quitters and also punishes people who get disconnected through no fault of their own

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Honestly the last people I generally want to hear from regarding the D2 beta right now are youtubers and streamers. Nothing against any of them personally, but as is D2 feels like an oversampling of feedback from that crowd, and the average player who was pretty darn happy with how Destiny 1 was is being underserved.

Kalamari

But with combined playlists, Bungie will have a better opportunity to match people into games that others drop from. On the other hand, there will probably be a penalty for dropping out of games as well if it's habitual.

Bungie knows there will be a big multiplayer population drop off, they are just preparing for ahead of time.

Nope, never played it.

Comparing a game like Overwatch to Destiny PvP in terms of mode selection, yes, very very far off. Destiny 1 pvp literally had each mode selectable and they went away from that to essentially Casual and Sweaty.

Halo 5 definitely lets you choose if you just want to kill people (slayer = clash) or do objective based modes which they grouped up (ctf and strongholds), and others. You are NOT picking what MM gives you:

http://m.imgur.com/uAEYyBE

Top Bottom