• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Pendulum

In other news, it's happening, 2BiC JunHyung and TARA Jiyeon (feat. Yoon Yo) will release a song together.

Jiyeon (T-ARA) X Jun Hyung (2BIC) - Summer Love (feat. Yoon Yo)

top of page edit:
tumblr_oa7ixyVsru1tqs827o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_oa7iztJuuq1tqs827o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o9sdu9qDCz1tqs827o3_1280.jpg
tumblr_o9sdu9qDCz1tqs827o2_1280.jpg

bonus trinity

llehuty

I managed to finish my esentials list. I only used 20 spots, since nothing else came up to mind that deserved that honor. There is also some of them that probably don't even qualify because of the year restrictions, but I just feel like some classics that didn't make their way to the other list deserve a shoutout.

KARA - Lupin
9Muses - News
Infinite - The Chaser
SHINee - Sherlock
After School - Flashback
Crayon Pop - Bing Bing

Definitely essential. In any case, looking forward to the results and how is the cut going to be made.

This is what it must feel like to be a non A-Pinkeu stan lol.

Gfriend to me basically seems like a copycat of A-Pink but with lamer cute concepts and tracks that I honestly can't get into it. Navillera is a step in the right direction though.
The ultimate group that excels at cute concepts is MyB, tho...
마이비(myB) - 심장어택(MY OH MY)
마이비(myB) - 또또(DDODDO) MV

It's Hammie's birthday today (we're trash (the original definition) for not posting pictures yet). Here's the song that she's done with Sweetune
[KARA] 한승연 (SeungYeon) - 그앤 나
This is such a no event. I love Hammie, but taking the Sera route is not a good look.

Is there a cut-off date for submitting the list? I've been caught up with other stuff. :I

Also sometimes I'm like.. you know.. let me watch a performance by Gugudan. And every time I'm reminded how awful this debut is and I wonder how Jellyfish, a fairly capable company, managed to make this happen. Such popular trending personalities in that group that could skyrocket the entire group to have an instant hit, but nope.

I managed to finish my esentials list. I only used 20 spots, since nothing else came up to mind that deserved that honor. There is also some of them that probably don't even qualify because of the year restrictions, but I just feel like some classics that didn't make their way to the other list deserve a shoutout.

KARA - Lupin
9Muses - News
Infinite - The Chaser
SHINee - Sherlock
After School - Flashback
Crayon Pop - Bing Bing

Definitely essential. In any case, looking forward to the results and how is the cut going to be made.

The ultimate group that excels at cute concepts is MyB, tho...
마이비(myB) - 심장어택(MY OH MY)
마이비(myB) - 또또(DDODDO) MV

How is Lupin not on the classics list? Lupin to me is KARA's Genie, with Mr. obviously being Gee. It's a legendary track that further continued KARA's trajectory at the top of the pyramid... just like how Gee put Soshi on the map and Genie put them into further domination.

The one act that I voted for, that I know isn't going to make the list, is a duo that I know most of y'all remember but completely forgot since they seemed to disappear off the map. So may I remind you with this song called Happy Things.

If you remember J Rabbit, then great! They actually aren't dead yet lol. They released a single called "Growing Everyday" back in May and are doing a few concerts soon. If you don't know who they are, then you probs should educate yourself on IMO, the most underrated singer/musician group in all of Korea.

As for myB, I've never heard of them and honestly I'm over cute concepts these days(which is why I don't really like Gfriend that much), but I'll take a look if I'm bored lol.

One of the reasons why I prefer Twice over all the other nugus is that they kinda skipped the cutesy bullshit and just went in as if they aren't rookies. I know other groups did that but they obviously didn't have any success at it, otherwise I'd be stanning them too haha.

llehuty

Good list, I missed a few of these.

Glad of being helpful. Also, I don't know if you saw these replies:

I'll check these out, just felt like I miss seeing MBLAQ/C-Clown/TeenTop/MyName type groups regularly releasing stuff
Hmmm, I see where you are coming from. There are some nugus covering that classic kpop boy group space (with less success, though).

크나큰(KNK) - KNOCK
크나큰(KNK) - BACK AGAIN
엔소닉(N-SONIC) Excalibur(Dance.ver)
유키스(U-KISS) - Stalker
NU'EST(뉴이스트) - OVERCOME
Now that I see it this KNK group have a big number of vies for being backed by a small company and uploading their clips in their own channel, maybe there is an actual demand for this type of sound coming back?
KNK actually has a bunch of media play backing by their company, which is not a negative thing but they're the same company as Bestie and it's a bit shady to see them prefer to push silly KNK posts rather than Uji slaying on that one show. But you know I'm rooting for KNK, I do hope this 'genre' can make a comeback and they seem to be doing well with it. I also forgot how good that Nu'est track is. With Seventeen being so popular I bet they'll be stuck in Japan and the Pledis basement for quite a while.

These are also good boygroup releases that somewhat fit the genre, the first two are more Teen Top-ish maybe.

Up10tion - So dangerous
Monsta X - All in
Map6 - Storm

As some extras, I've found that last year had some of my fave songs hidden away as b-sides while the promoted tracks were really obnoxiously tryhard (for these groups in particular):

Myname - Mayday
History - Slow Down

No No Eul

KARA - Lupin
9Muses - News
Infinite - The Chaser
SHINee - Sherlock
After School - Flashback
Crayon Pop - Bing Bing

I could have sworn Bing Bing was on the original list...

I remember Chrome deleting the original version of the MV and reuploading it to a new channel. If the song was on the playlist before, that could explain why it's been automatically removed since.

Is there a cut-off date for submitting the list? I've been caught up with other stuff. :I

Nah, there's no hurry. I'll probably give it another week.

<newPost.Print();>

Hyuna "A'wesome" teaser images (single is called "&#50612;&#46412;?'")

<sessionEnd();>

I wonder if Hyuna's impending return will lead to an increase in visits from Pominides.

Namjoo said:

ultra7k

Oh My Girl going for the mindshare attack, which is great, as I really enjoy them - moreso than G-Friend or Lovelyz.

broz0rs

If you remember J Rabbit, then great! They actually aren't dead yet lol. They released a single called "Growing Everyday" back in May and are doing a few concerts soon. If you don't know who they are, then you probs should educate yourself on IMO, the most underrated singer/musician group in all of Korea.

what happened to them anyway? They had clearly the best Korean language cover performance channel on YouTube. It feels as if once they were able to sell records, had some TV appearances, they didn't want to do free stuff anymore.

roaSone

Bring it on Ghost is actually really interesting. Kim So Hyun is seriously awesome, and she's only 18.
That girl has a brilliant acting future ahead.

Ym1r

Bring it on Ghost is actually really interesting. Kim So Hyun is seriously awesome, and she's only 18.

I'm watching, it's alright so far. It feels like it's just going to be another Master's Sun though.

I think W is a lot more interesting. Han Hyo Joo is so cute too.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
In the end a major problem that stands with Fei's new song is that it is so recognizable as written by JYP in his unique style that in my mind the tune goes from remembering her singing it to imagining him singing it, lol. He writes good tunes but the theme is defeated.

roaSone

I'm watching, it's alright so far. It feels like it's just going to be another Master's Sun though.

Not so sure about Master's Sun, I mean that professor is creepy, I see more similarities with Oh My Ghostess in that sense.
Agreed for W, it'll be quite awesome if they keep it up.

Ym1r

Not so sure about Master's Sun, I mean that professor is creepy, I see more similarities with Oh My Ghostess in that sense.

Oh right that one too.

I meant it was more like every typical ghost fighting drama (so far) but I could only think of Master's Sun at the moment.

llehuty

Did anyone say no-rest-dols?
160725.&#50948;&#47928;&#50676;&#52264;.(Oh My Girl) &#50724;&#47560;&#51060;&#44152; - Windy Day + &#47704;&#53944; + Liar Liar
Army audience is always fun, Seunghee skipping som lipsyncing and everything around 6:00

Look who got the one shot treatment. The girls were robbed!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hopefully OMG's dedication helps them break through like GFriend did. Lovelyz seemed to get a head start from Infinite's fanbase and is slowly building on it. I feel like OMG will at least be able to find a Nine Muses-level establishment in the scene.

what happened to them anyway? They had clearly the best Korean language cover performance channel on YouTube. It feels as if once they were able to sell records, had some TV appearances, they didn't want to do free stuff anymore.

I dunno tbh. That said and I'm speculating here, I feel like J Rabbit isn't their main job so they're very sporadic in releases or whatever.

Agreed 100%.

KSH is ridiculously adorable and the showrunners are doing a bang-up job humanizing a fncking ghost of all things. Like seriously, I kinda do fear ghosts after foolishly playing with a Ouija board as a kid, as well as stories I've heard from my mom where I apparently experienced some kind of contact in that world... but now, I'd love to be in Bong-pal's shoes haha.

Is this a comedy or not? I want to watch it coz HHJ but I'm seriously tired of serious dramas(hence why I stopped Doctors) so I'm not even gonna bother if it's way too serious.

Peru

They h ad a tour going that they stopped bc of 'personal reasons' so there's that

Ym1r

Is this a comedy or not? I want to watch it coz HHJ but I'm seriously tired of serious dramas(hence why I stopped Doctors) so I'm not even gonna bother if it's way too serious.

It's probably going to be more serious, with like... a few funny scenes here and there just to lighten up the mood. I mean it won't be like the man from nowhere/old boy serious, it's a drama.

Probably not for you if you just want more comedy (judging by how you're writing about the other drama), but I recommend giving the first episode a shot and if you like it continue and just drop it if you think the tone is too serious. It's only like an hour of your time.

I can't really praise HHJ enough though, girl is super pretty. Her acting this far hasn't been bad either, so I'm actually excited.

Any of y'all teach English in SK?

If so, how is it?

I'm currently heavily debating on doing this these days. I like what I do right now but it's really not getting me anywhere besides paying bills and all that so I've started exploring this idea this past weekend.

I've got no teaching experience at all, but I've got a broadcast journo/communications degree so I'm pretty sure I don't have to say it, but I'm pretty fncking good at English lol.

Plus, I need to wife Lee Sung-kyung the moment I step off the plane lol.

It's probably going to be more serious, with like... a few funny scenes here and there just to lighten up the mood. I mean it won't be like the man from nowhere/old boy serious, it's a drama.

Probably not for you if you just want more comedy (judging by how you're writing about the other drama), but I recommend giving the first episode a shot and if you like it continue and just drop it if you think the tone is too serious. It's only like an hour of your time.

I can't really praise HHJ enough though, girl is super pretty. Her acting this far hasn't been bad either, so I'm actually excited.

I'll give it a shot.

I don't mind if it's serious, what I hate is when the show completely forgets the reason why people watch the show. *cough*Doctors*cough*

I'm actually about to start up The Good Wife right now coz I love me some lawyer drama.

And speaking of lawyers, who were those lawyer noonas Infinite Challenge brought on this recent ep? The one with the white jacket is gorgeous.

Sana with black hair is too strong

Damn son.

I'm getting some Hyuna vibes over here.

No No Eul

That not-so-subtle attempt to get me to watch Kara's Lupin MV again
not that I really mind. :p

The video's private now but 1theK's got you covered.

Is their stylist also their anti tho?

NRO7djo.gif
IBjGrMU.gif

llehuty

[Teaser] Eddy Kim(&#50640;&#46356;&#53428;), Subin(&#49688;&#48712;)(Dal shabet) _ I am a movie director too(&#45208;&#46020; &#50689;&#54868;&#44048;&#46021;&#51060;&#45796;_&#52397;&#52632;&#47924;&#48708;) OST Part.1
Anyone knows what is this thing? Anyway, hype because it features Subin and Girl's Day Sojin (ad I think the other girl is Narae). I wonder if the recent Subin releases have given her some street cred for this type of acoustic tracks.

If they block 9Muses and Oh My Girl... ugggggh.

That not-so-subtle attempt to get me to watch Kara's Lupin MV again
not that I really mind. :p
Ahhh, I don't even know how I messed up that one.
Not even mad, though, lol.
Link fixed, thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom