• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog comic Savage Starlight?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
poster.png

they trollin'

Gorillaz

If Naughty Dog's PS4 title is a cheesy sci-fi throwback then I will jizz
Off topic but i want them to make a sci fi superhero type IP next. Balance humor of uncharted and serious feel of last of us.

Hear that arne superhero IP... Do it

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Makes kinda sense for them having a go at Sci-fi. Hopefully they feel comfortable enough to make a new IP every time they start working on a new game. Their studioname is entering Godtier among developers, so they should leverage that and don't be tied down by IPs.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm gonna go on record and say I.... don't think it's anything real.

Superflat

Misdirection for sure. But the fact that anything is 'leaking' out of ND and that there's a possibly reveal of a game at E3 makes my heart so fucking DOKIDOKI.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
People call this misdirection. I call it setting me up for disappointment when Naughty Dog don't make a dumb cheesy sci fi game.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
No way they're revealing something at E3.
Then again, I couldn't believe that they were doing The Last of Us, so everything is possible I guess.

THE:MILKMAN

Misdirection for sure. But the fact that anything is 'leaking' out of ND and that there's a possibly reveal of a game at E3 makes my heart so fucking DOKIDOKI.

Yep. After the near disaster of forgetting about the easter egg in U3 they done this on purpose to keep internet detectives busy.

Kandinsky

Cross posting from the other thread.

Isnt that the chick from Star Trek movies and the dude from that Star Wars thing, imo they'll do the vo for their next project, so yeah it's probably a game in development :p

It looks interesting, I'm just glad they arent going back to Uncharted.

Cross posting from the other thread.

Isnt that the chick from Star Trek movies and the dude from that Star Wars thing, imo they'll do the vo for their next project, so yeah it's probably a game in development :p

It looks interesting, I'm just glad they arent going back to Uncharted.

You're quite on top of things.

zeopower6

It's related to The Last of Us. It's not really anything to write home about. People on a media blackout should probably look away.

Elaborating in the spoiler:
It's an in-universe comic series that Ellie and Joel run into a lot while running around. Apparently there are arcade cabinets and movie posters too.

AngryMoth

Please be real! So glad if they're making another new IP.

So this is a movie poster in TLoU? Didn't they put a tease for TLoU in uncharted 3 as well?

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I'm not expecting it to be a game, because:
It's just a reference to The Last of Us. Sony execs registered every Last of Us in-game reference URL.

Edit: Betan.

Superflat

It'll be a video game about two washed up actors who accidentally get themselves mixed up with the mafia, where hilarity ensues and many adventurous romps and sexual tensions abound. Starring Ewan McGregor Zoe Saldana.

Jarek23

Banned
I've been avoiding TLoU spoilers as much as possible, but this is without a doubt just a poster among many from that game.

But if they made an 80s sci-fi game...excite!

jediyoshi

I've been avoiding TLoU spoilers as much as possible, but this is without a doubt just a poster among many from that game.

But if they made an 80s sci-fi game...excite!

Unless they're pulling from a template, it'd be an odd thing to include this

<meta property="og:description" content="Check out Savage Starlight June 14, 2013!" />

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time

<meta property="og:description" content="Check out Savage Starlight June 14, 2013!" />
Which is when TLOU comes out.

Superflat

I'm not expecting it to be a game, because:
It's just a reference to The Last of Us. Sony execs registered every Last of Us in-game reference URL.

Edit: Betan.

I was thinkin' about this too, initially. Didn't know Sony registered in-game references though (wtflol?!). That does make it a very likely scenario.

tumblr_m44t4d9wUL1qeuz9y.gif

Jarek23

Banned

I'm pretty sure that during one of the gameplay previews out there, Ellie stops to talk about one of the movies and the release day is also summertime 2013. The game takes place in 2033.

ash_ag

A Star Trek TOS-esque Action-adventure game by Naughty Dog might as well work towards selling me a PS4.

Would love to see Naughty Dog's take on full scifi.

Cheesy scifi poster is great, very 80s too. Also finally noticed that ofcourse they're both dual wielding guns lol.

I can see the Zoe Saldana in the girl now but I didn't really think of her right away, unlike the remarks for the guy.

No way they're revealing something at E3.
Then again, I couldn't believe that they were doing The Last of Us, so everything is possible I guess.

Yeah that took me so off-guard coming so close to UC3. And this time they've even had a few years to be working on a new game. I have no idea what to expect.

Top Bottom