• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] MS France: 36.2 Millions of Xbox One sold worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenkiDala

Hum, this website is the biggest MS fanboy source in France, they very often post innacurate things just to shit on Sony, so personally I hightly doubt about anything I read there.

It's the kind of website where the members call the PS4 the "Piss4", so...

Do you have actual XBO global shipments after June 2014? Because I sure don't. Well until now probably.

WW shipped vs. US sold through ratio as of March 2014 was:
49.5% US
50.5% WW

and that was with 13 regions only
right now Xbox One is at over 40

i'm still sceptical, but this could be true

AmFreak

Of course it's a conspiracy. You've figured it out genius, a while 4-5m global discrepancy based on a 3 year old ratio has blown the whole thing.
The thing is that Microsoft made sure to never publish any numbers in the last 3 years and now we just randomly get them on some run-of-the-mill info brochure from an insignificant Xbox branch?
I mean nothing is impossible, but it's not easy to be not doubtful.

All I'm seeing here is what I originally posted on: napkin math based on 3rd party trackers and PR ratios. I'm incredibly curious how you might arrive at upper shipment limits based on IR though, can you break that one down for me?

Sort of, it doesn't say 'leaked', just that it came from house of fans.

All I'm seeing here is what I originally posted on: napkin math based on 3rd party trackers and PR ratios. I'm incredibly curious how you might arrive at upper shipment limits based on IR though, can you break that one down for me?

MS clearly outlined up to a certain point of time how many 360 and XB1 consoles they planned on shipping every quarter. Not really sure what you want me to break down.

It's becoming fairly obvious that you've never looked at sales figures for more than a few minutes and think the idea of questioning an unverified source whose data doesn't match the large majority of other data we have including projections by major third party publishers such as EA is basically akin to me doing napkin math and pushing a conspiracy theory.

Fucking lol.

Madness

Good news, hope its true. Some people are getting so salty over it. sheesh.

No kidding. Look how many people are using their 'feelings' to determine the number is too high. 36 million+ for Xbox One? "No... that's not true! That's impossible!"

US and Canada the sales are strong, same goes for UK. Plus Microsoft does well in Mexico and Australia. They may not do well in the rest of Europe like the PS4 but you have regions like Brazil and China etc. If PS4 is over 60 million+, I can buy Xbox One is 36.2 million. I thought it was around 33 million myself. Could be sold through or shipped etc. Microsoft did say for a long time it was selling better than Xbox 360 was. Who knows. I know a lot of people who bought one solely to use as a cheap UHD blu-ray player than any gaming device.

Vroadstar

Hum, this website is the biggest MS fanboy source in France, they very often post innacurate things just to shit on Sony, so personally I hightly doubt about anything I read there.

Make sense now why the numbers are kinda off

Muzin

Neo Member

The plot thickens

AtkO

Sony aren't ahead 2-1 in the US.

For 2017, afaik they are.

And those are definitely shipped numbers, and overestimated shipped numbers, or stuffed channels.

Edit : Oh lol, it's Xbox Anywhere, haha, yea, don't pay attention to those numbers.

Tratorn

You can't actually see the source, just that it's from a closed community for the House of Fans reward program.

Well, if we can't even be sure if those numbers are indeed from Microsoft France, then the thread title should be changed to " [Rumour] 36.2 Millions of Xbox One sold worldwide"

WW shipped vs. US sold through ratio as of March 2014 was:
49.5% US
50.5% WW

and that was with 13 regions only
right now Xbox One is at over 40

i'm still sceptical, but this could be true

Why is your ratio shipped WW vs. sold-through US?

Shouldn't you do shipped or sold through for both?

They must be going incredibly well in Latin America. That's one Market that is largely ignored by SalesGAF.

Edit: I guess I should add a "if true" qualifier.

Fiendcode

The hardware figures don't seem that outlandish though and the historical figures seem likely accurate and updated.

The best way to try and disprove might be with the software figures maybe. Like do any of them correlate to Chartz or something?

The thing is that Microsoft made sure to never publish any numbers in the last 3 years and now we just randomly get them on some run-of-the-mill info brochure from an insignificant Xbox branch?
I mean nothing is impossible, but it's not easy to be not doubtful.
With huge multinationals things like this often do slip between the cracks of regional offices. Skepticism is healthy but I also don't think there's any silver bullet here to logically discount the leak. It's sort of too reasonable for that.

Vroadstar

No kidding. Look how many people are using their 'feelings' to determine the number is too high. 36 million+ for Xbox One? "No... that's not true! That's impossible!"

US and Canada the sales are strong, same goes for UK. Plus Microsoft does well in Mexico and Australia. They may not do well in the rest of Europe like the PS4 but you have regions like Brazil and China etc. If PS4 is over 60 million+, I can buy Xbox One is 36.2 million. I thought it was around 33 million myself. Could be sold through or shipped etc. Microsoft did say for a long time it was selling better than Xbox 360 was. Who knows. I know a lot of people who bought one solely to use as a cheap UHD blu-ray player than any gaming device.

Don't forget New Zealand

Colbert

Banned
Why is your ratio shipped WW vs. sold-through US?

Shouldn't you do shipped or sold through for both?

I think that ratio tells you the US/WW split of shipped/sold consoles (my interpretation) => half of all Xboxes this gen are sold in the US.

gamz

Might be but that's a really odd number to throw out there.

StereoVsn

This is a bit higher then I would have thought but good for them if true. Sony needs some competition judging their stances on crossplay and backward compatibility.

Mohasus

Is the original Xbox One still being produced? Because that's the only one available officially where I live.

It may indicate some stock if the production ceased.

Fiendcode

MS clearly outlined up to a certain point of time how many 360 and XB1 consoles they planned on shipping every quarter. Not really sure what you want me to break down.

It's becoming fairly obvious that you've never looked at sales figures for more than a few minutes and think the idea of questioning an unverified source whose data doesn't match the large majority of other data we have including projections by major third party publishers such as EA is basically akin to me doing napkin math and pushing a conspiracy theory.

Fucking lol.
So that's a no then, you can't break down how IR figures correlate to shipment ceiling after MS changed their accounting to MAU? Not surprising.

Other than EA (whose estimates one must also apply fuzzy math to to get XBO numbers, EA has never given an XBO figure) which 3rd parties have given any XBO or XBO+PS4 sales projections and what were they?

Any other bullshit you'd like to try and peddle while we're at it?

SenkiDala

The other image is even more interesting.

a01.jpg

I found the source of this, it's this article:

http://www.visualcapitalist.com/chart-5-tech-giants-make-billions/

So it's not even official MS numbers, I dunno how accurate this is and how credible is this website.

meirl

Banned
lol at All the salty people saying fucking MICROSOFT FRANCE is giving Out FAKE NUMBERS. why would they? also, wouldnt that be kinda fraud lying to shareholders/Investors?

also, as you can See Here
a01.jpg

Xbox Accounted for 11% of revenue. thats a Lot. more than Windows.

Fiendcode

The numbers don't match a lot of other data estimates and sources we're familiar with that, such as EA's reporting, etc. The reasons to look at these numbers further for scrutiny is valid.
The numbers are confirmed bullshit, but EA's also never given an XBO specific estimate either. That's part of the problem, people need to keep applying apples to oranges to get to any real numbers.

lol at All the salty people saying fucking MICROSOFT FRANCE is giving Out FAKE NUMBERS. why would they? also, wouldnt that be kinda fraud lying to shareholders/Investors?

also, as you can See Here
a01.jpg

Xbox Accounted for 11% of revenue. thats a Lot. more than Windows.
Oh no baby what is you doin

So that's a no then, you can't break down how IR figures correlate to shipment ceiling after MS changed their accounting to MAU? Not surprising.

Other than EA (whose estimates one must also apply fuzzy math to to get XBO numbers, EA has never given an XBO figure) which 3rd parties have given any XBO or XBO+PS4 sales projections and what were they?

Any other bullshit you'd like to try and peddle while we're at it?

So let me get this straight. Despite having data for MSs biggest markets (that are up to date), and quarterly shipments up until MS changed to MAU as a metric, you want me to disprove this number wrong with current as of now ratios rather than the other way around? The burden of proof isn't on me to show you that MS made a gigantic fucking turn around in countries that data doesn't get reported in. That's not how that works.

Like it doesn't strike you as odd that MSs biggest territory is losing 10-15% share in sales? Holy shit. I'm peddling bullshit?

Yea, how about you stop being dense.

Edit: Oh, numbers confirmed bullshit. Wow, man, I can't believe I was peddling that bullshit about the numbers not adding up. Someone stop me and my napkin math. I went too far. 🙄

I can believe that number is shipped, but not sold through. My guess would be like 28 million? Maybe less?

Tales from my ass though, just an offhand guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom