• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

SegaShack

There's no source or credibility for the Dead Island thing, at this point it is just a rumor.

I personally would want one of the following:

Kameo
Viva Pinata
Pac Man Anniversary

Syriel

Gonna have to come up with a link for the Dead Island stuff.

So unconfirmed. Such speculation. Many disappoint. Wow.

There's no source or credibility for the Dead Island thing, at this point it is just a rumor.

Kameo
Viva Pinata
Pac Man Anniversary

Let's just say that Xbox Live doesn't magically update itself. There are people who have to program the schedule, create the artwork and test it all before everything goes live.

I wouldn't post information that I didn't deem reliable.

KDC720

Eh, Dead Island's not bad, already beaten it a few times though.

I just wish they would give us Shadow Complex already.

VaizardNL

Banned
Hope there'll be another fun co-op game like tomb raider this month. Finally got my girlfriend to play another game than Peggle and the likes and she's thoroughly enjoying the Tomb Raider game. I know it's impossible to please everyone so I'm happy nonetheless. This month (January) was really a great GwG for me.

Krilekk

Banned

Kameo
Viva Pinata
Pac Man Anniversary[/QUOTE ]

That's the thing I don't understand: MS has really nice 1st party games that don't sell at all anymore and could be given away for free at no cost. Give us Banjo Nuts&Bolts. Kinect Sports.

SegaShack

Let's just say that Xbox Live doesn't magically update itself. There are people who have to program the schedule, create the artwork and test it all before everything goes live.

I wouldn't post information that I didn't deem reliable.

So you are or know an insider?

Bleh, already played through Dead Island and have zero interest in revisiting it. Game was solid for the first few hours but soon grew stale. Hope this isn't true.

Would love a JRPG month with games like Star Ocean The Last Hope, Eternal Sonata, Ninety Nine Nights 2 never got a chance to play/own them.

Got Metro 2033 stopped playing it and already finish Dead Island, it get really repetitive very quickly but once you start levelling up it becomes enjoyable. Or just go straight to Riptide which is better with some fixes and tweaks.

bidguy

Banned

Kameo
Viva Pinata
Pac Man Anniversary[/QUOTE ]

That's the thing I don't understand: MS has really nice 1st party games that don't sell at all anymore and could be given away for free at no cost. Give us Banjo Nuts&Bolts. Kinect Sports.

they offered nuts and bolts in august afaik

GwG = any games you can find for $10 or less

Except no?

Outside of the PC version, where can you find Sleeping Dogs (and to a lesser extent Dead Rising 2) new for less than 15 dollars?

Amazon sells Sleeping Dogs for 29.99 unless you are a prime member in which case its 14.99 (still more than your 10 dollars or less)

Alx

Even at "$10 or less", it's not really a bad deal, that's $20 worth of games per month for a $6 fee. Yeah, "Sony does it better", but still a good deal is a good deal (especially when it was added without counterpart to the original deal to begin with).

Except no?

Outside of the PC version, where can you find Sleeping Dogs (and to a lesser extent Dead Rising 2) new for less than 15 dollars?

Amazon sells Sleeping Dogs for 29.99 unless you are a prime member in which case its 14.99 (still more than your 10 dollars or less)

I like how you ignore EVERY other game thats been part of this promotion to pick the one single game that is actually worth more than a few pennies.

Lima

Why does it even matter how much the game costs? All you should care about is if you have played the game yet or not.

Why does it even matter how much the game costs? All you should care about is if you have played the game yet or not.

It's called value proposition. Is it really worth it to keep paying for Gold (assuming you're on the fence about it) to get games that you either a.) already have or b.) can be had for much less than you're actually paying for Gold in the first place? And then on top of that, you don't even know what games are coming.

Anyway, if they were to give out Dead Island, can it at least be Riptide?

I wouldn't mind Kameo either.

Defect

It's called value proposition. Is it really worth it to keep paying for Gold (assuming you're on the fence about it) to get games that you either a.) already have or b.) can be had for much less than you're actually paying for Gold in the first place? And then on top of that, you don't even know what games are coming.

Anyway, if they were to give out Dead Island, can it at least be Riptide?

I wouldn't mind Kameo either.

If your sole reason for buying Gold is to get "free" games, then you are doing it wrong.

I like how you ignore EVERY other game thats been part of this promotion to pick the one single game that is actually worth more than a few pennies.

Sorry, but i didn't realize that I needed to refer to every other game considering its clearly been getting better, but if you can't do the research yourself here you go (I also mentioned Dead Rising 2 in my post, but thats cool, lets do some research)

AC2 is 25 bucks at Gamestop and 20 at Amazon(15 at amazon if you want to buy from a third party vendor fullfilled by amazon)
Halo 3 is 15 bucks
Fable 3 is 20 bucks at amazon (12 if you buy from a third party fullfilled by amazon)

What games am I missing? Gears of War? Yea you can probably pick that up new under 10 dollars.. But please, tell me if I am still ignoring every other game. Sorry I couldn't think off the top of my head for you. And XBLA games are expected to be under 10 dollars... so not sure why those would be part of the argument.

If your sole reason for buying Gold is to get "free" games, then you are doing it wrong.

Way to miss the point. The point was that if you have someone debating whether they want to continue to pay for Gold, GwG isn't exactly a compelling reason.

Also, I'm seeing a big contradiction in wanting games that are valued highly, then he asks for Kameo, a launch title that could probably be bought for about £3.

It isn't, but I just said it'd be nice, mostly out of a matter of convenience. And I was already paying for Gold anyway, so it doesn't matter. I was simply explaining why other posters may be disappointed with the service so far.

excowboy

Except no?

Sleepy Dogs GoD version has been on sale for £8.99 and I can buy a preowned boxed version for less than that on the high street. Was the best game in the programme so far, but still bargain bin level imo...

Defect

Way to miss the point. The point was that if you have someone debating whether they want to continue to pay for Gold, GwG isn't exactly a compelling reason.

It isn't, but I just said it'd be nice, mostly out of a matter of convenience. And I was already paying for Gold anyway, so it doesn't matter. I was simply explaining why other posters may be disappointed with the service so far.

I understand the point you were making. The price of Gold didn't rise with the inclusion of GwG. Plus the games that were given out aren't bad at all.

If someone has to choose between PS+ and Gold, it's obvious that PS+ is the better option if all they care about is the games.

Top Bottom