• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All 17 members of WH arts panel resign to protest Trump's Charlottesville response

massoluk

Banned
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...s-over-trumps-charlottesville-response-241781

http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...house-panel-on-arts-1503065476-htmlstory.html

All 17 members of White House arts panel resign to protest Trump's response to Charlottesville

All 17 members of a White House advisory panel on the arts and humanities resigned en masse Friday in response to President Trump's divisive comments on the deadly violence in Charlottesville, Va.

"Reproach and censure in the strongest possible terms are necessary following your support of the hate groups and terrorists who killed and injured fellow Americans in Charlottesville," the 16 wrote in a letter to Trump. "The false equivalencies you push cannot stand."

"Supremacy, discrimination, and vitriol are not American values," the letter said. "Your values are not American values."

The President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities was created in 1982 under President Reagan, and acts as an advisory committee to the White House on cultural issues.

So much winning

At the end of the afternoon on Friday, the White House issued a statement insisting that it had planned to disband the arts and humanities committee anyway.

The statement said that "earlier this month it was decided" that Trump wouldn't renew the executive order that created the committee. But prior to Friday, no word of this was given to committee members, staff or any of the stakeholder agencies, according to people familiar with the internal processes. No evidence was provided that the White House timeline is accurate.

LOL, sure Trump, Sure

SexyFish

Banned
ec08040b14.jpg

First letter of each paragraph spells resist.

SomTervo

Jeezo, hit after hit

Enjoying a sort of bittersweet image where Trump is still in the white house, but he's all alone, everyone else is completely gone. He's just sauntering about idly. As if humanity have left earth but decided to leave him back there.

Jeezo, hit after hit

Enjoying a sort of bittersweet image where Trump is still in the white house, but he's all alone, everyone else is completely gone. He's just sauntering about idly. As if humanity have left earth but decided to leave him back there.

"Spicy, is that you in the bushes? Comey, are you in those drapes...?"

Ekai

Honestly, given all the positions he's yet to fill and all these people resigning, it really seems like the right wing is getting all it wants.

Honestly, given all the positions he's yet to fill and all these people resigning, it really seems like the right wing is getting all it wants.

Nah. "Small Government"/fiscal austerity/federal downsizing is a Republican myth. They want those positions to use to channel government money into private donors and their businesses. The government has only grown under the last three Republican administrations, and the budget bloated.

Good on them. And all at once too. That and the letter show a coordinated effort.

Wish I could just peak at a newspaper front page a few years from now to see how things like this affect the future.

I wonder what kinda ride we're going on. I don't like it so far. I have a two year old and I can't imagine explaining this to her when she's older.

"Supremacy, discrimination, and vitriol are not American values," the letter said. "Your values are not American values."

This was my favourite part. Anyone who supports this piece of trash sitting in the oval office is, frankly, un-American, too.

Top Bottom