• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Says The Last Guardian Calls Made in Error

Give it to Platinum

nZpTV.jpg
LOL Why them?

pirata

If this were true, why would Gamestop be the first to break the news? Let's not jump to conclusions, people.

I mean, the game HAS to almost be done by now, right? They've been developing it for six or seven years now! And Sony made a point of emphasizing that Ueda would still be working with them until the game is done. The only reason I could see for canceling it is if it didn't seem like it would be ready for release before PS4 was out. But even then, they could still release it for PS3, like how they released God of War II on PS2.

guess i'm just going off how i only put $5 down for preorder and pay the rest the day the game arrives.

That $5 accrues more interest for them if you let it sit there rather than just adding it to a $55 for, say, Mass Effect 3.

Ergo, "tricking" you in to moving it to another game, unless that game is coming out for the PS4, does not really help their bottomline.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ouch. I guess it's been headed in that direction for a long time, but it's not often that you see such a high profile game bite the dust.

KingK

Well shit. This sucks, but I can't say it's surprising. At this point, I was expecting the game to be shit whenever it released anyway, because it sounds like its development has been awful.

It's a real shame, because Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game ever. My guess is the game was nowhere close to completion, or it really sucked, or both, and Sony decided that it just wasn't worth it.

cajunator

Banned
okay I call gamestop just now and the guy who answered had no idea what I was talking about. Would probably have to call my friend who work see if she knows anything

Beth Cyra

They said specifically they were notified by the Vendor, so that would mean Sony. So unless Gamestop is lying and suddenly decided to give back all the money they have on the game for no reason, this seems true to me.

ScOULaris

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

This can't be happening. Somebody hold me. I'm not even kidding, someone please FUCKING HOLD MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

CSX

Get that import money ready and creative minds thinking (adding our own subtitles in our heads when we start playing this game in japanese) :p

Respawn

Banned
Glad I didn't pull the trigger on getting a PS3 for this game!

You weren't anyway lol

Oh well at least we have videos of what could have been. Then years from now we'll get some secret hidden footage.
If Sony PR doesn't come out and say untrue then it has to be true.

Apdiddy

It's entirely possible that The Last Guardian will be released.

Just not in the U.S. or in 2012.

I'd imagine we'll hear something from Sony in the next couple of days or weeks.

Beth Cyra

It's entirely possible that The Last Guardian will be released.

Just not in the U.S. or in 2012.

I'd imagine we'll hear something from Sony in the next couple of days or weeks.

The largest retailer of Gaming goods out side of Wal Mart is calling and telling people the game is canceled. Honestly the longer Sony ignores this, the more right this seems to me.

We will have to see if Amazon and others follow suit.

There's a few possibilities here

1) Total mistake, Gamestop fucked up, they meant to put in some other game but accidentally ticked the box for The Last Guardian.

2) Sony fucked up. Wires were crossed, they told Gamestop and Gamestop alone the wrong thing, there's been no news on The Last Guardian.

3) Game's doing to PSN, thus not having a retail presence at all.

4) Game is not getting a U.S. release, Sony shrugs and says "PS3's region free, anyway."

5) Game is actually canceled, whether it was taking forever, Ueda and Sony just couldn't work together, the game quality was too poor to release, Sony decided to cut their losses, etc.

Top Bottom