• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

LgxNgcs.png

qqGGeqk.png

weekev

Banned
It's a long summer when there are no major summer tournaments. Here we go!
Raith Rovers to win the Scottish League One and Man United to win the Premiership. Come on!

Labadal

I haven't much to do today. That means I'll watch our game against Bilbao.

I added myself to Liverpool in that members spreadsheet. I hope that's okay.

spidye

It's gonna be a rough one for us. I'm starting to think the real problem is not Ancelotti, but Hoeneß&Co.
At least we have Brazzo back.
It's definitely ancelotti too. The idea of a smaller squad with our injury history and our game without a clear match plan are his handwritings.

Rummenigge and hoeneß did their best to ensure our decline in the last 5 years though

El Topo

It's definitely ancelotti too. The idea of a smaller squad with our injury history and the our game without a clear match plan are his handwritings.

Rummenigge and hoeneß did their best to ensure our decline in the last 5 years though

Fair enough. Either way, it's very sad how Bayern legends like Lahm and Kahn have been driven away from the club.

First game of the season for Ipswich today. At home against 'Arry's Birmingham.

If we win we make play offs. If we lose we get relegated. That's my prediction.

Lunar FC

N11Y5ht.png

People love referring to their clubs as "we". Due to this, we have a footy gaf members google doc. I have made it open for everybody to edit for a short while so everybody can show their allegiances before the start of the new season.

Dqmozk9.png

We've been taking predictions for the 2017/18 season and there is still plenty of time to get yours in before the September 1st deadline. We are taking entries for the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, and Serie A.

Example:

User: Lunar FC
League: Premier League

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea
---
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
---
18. Swansea City
19. Watford
20. Huddersfield Town

*** Please format yours identical to mine. Thanks! ***

Just post yours in this thread and they will all be aggregated here. If you don't see yours, just shoot me a quick PM.

6HzrNUw.png

We also have a fantasy league for footy gaf. Make your team here and then enter the league with the code: 1857822-444682.
Since it is a head-to-head league I thought it might be nice to actually know who's team is who. So I just made a quick doc so that you guys can tie to fantasy team name to your neogaf user name.

Links to all of these pages can be found at the top of the OT for future reference.

Thanks!

longdi

Banned
Jose seems to be surprisingly reserved so far, guess we won't see a mourinho season for awhile.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
New thread, nice.

I wanted to add myself to the members list but I realised that I don't have what to write. I've been a Real fan for a long time, but I just don't feel it that much anymore. I just don't like the way they play since Ancelotti left, so I don't enjoy watching them. Yes, I know they won everything, but I just don't care that much anymore.

choodi

Banned
Merino looks decent
https://twitter.com/toontransfer/status/892775661907193863

and Lejeune is aerially dominant and can play a bit
https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/890550096995254272

Big hopes for Murphy too, London lad but his rents are toon daft and he and his brother have supported us since they were bairns

I'm quietly confident that we will finish mid-table and push on from there.

I'm positive on Lejeune, he will add a lot at the back. Merino and Murphy are definitely good prospects that might just surprise a few people.

Having Aarons and De Jong fully fit will, dare I say it, be like two new signings. Both will have a huge impact if they remain injury free.

I hope Shelvey can keep his head screwed on right and I am really pulling for Mitro to get it together (if he doesn't deliver this season, I think that is the last chance he will get). Gayle might be a little too lightweight for the premiership and I'm not sure if Ritchie will have as much influence at this level.

I'm quietly confident that we will finish mid-table and push on from there.

I'm positive on Lejeune, he will add a lot at the back. Merino and Murphy are definitely good prospects that might just surprise a few people.

Having Aarons and De Jong fully fit will, dare I say it, be like two new signings. Both will have a huge impact if they remain injury free.

I hope Shelvey can keep his head screwed on right and I am really pulling for Mitro to get it together (if he doesn't deliver this season, I think that is the last chance he will get). Gayle might be a little too lightweight for the premiership and I'm not sure if Ritchie will have as much influence at this level.

I think Gayle will surprise a few people if he can stay fit. Was on course for 40 goals last year and he's a poacher with a team set up behind him so that he can poach- that carries through at any level of football. See Klose, Miroslav.

Agreed on Shelvey. He's got a big year ahead of him. Mitro has done alright pre-season but he's still a bit slow and soft for a big hard Serbian war criminal.

Aarons has been superb and is in my fantasy team but is unfortunately made of biscuits.

Desperately need a ready-made Gayle replacement forward. I'm actually quite keen on Perez at Arsenal.

Didn't have time to watch a lot of football last season, going to change that this year. Historically, I'm a Rangers fan but times have been tough recently so again, haven't had the time or the passion that I used to. Hopefully big Bruno Alves will change that for me! Thread subbed.

User: con-ca-te-nate
League: Premier League

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester City
3. Manchester United
4. Arsenal
---
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Everton
---
18. Huddersfield Town
19. Watford
20. Brighton

Jezbollah

I think Gayle will surprise a few people if he can stay fit. Was on course for 40 goals last year and he's a poacher with a team set up behind him so that he can poach- that carries through at any level of football. See Klose, Miroslav.

Agreed on Shelvey. He's got a big year ahead of him. Mitro has done alright pre-season but he's still a bit slow and soft for a big hard Serbian war criminal.

Aarons has been superb and is in my fantasy team but is unfortunately made of biscuits.

Desperately need a ready-made Gayle replacement forward. I'm actually quite keen on Perez at Arsenal.

It's so strange seeing Gayle play for Newcastle (the team I support). It doesnt seem long ago when I was watching him play for Bishops Stortford in front of a few hundred fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom