• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT| Knicks fans now drinking JD in straight shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RickyDusting.gif

iNZmWDJQppkEi.gif

untitled-1hnbhc.gif

untitled-1irkqx.gif

tumblr_m012yhXJOr1qj966mo1_500.gif

Winner of the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest:

westbrook.gif

Winner of the NBA Skills Challenge:

untitled-3676ug4.gif

HKsjV.png

ABwsU.png

Got a nose full of jelly.

Gotta re-post the Maskba

140199866_10.jpg

EDIT: I really need to get more involved in the discussion around here instead of drive-by posting...

Jtrizzy

I would love to know what Melo and Kobe are saying to Lebron in that gif. Something that involves calling him a pussy hopefully.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I would love to know what Melo and Kobe are saying to Lebron in that gif. What the hell is wrong with him passing that ball?

"Why do you look like Smush Parker in fourth quarter clutch time situations?"

Jtrizzy

Also, I've liked D Wade for his entire career going back to college but I'm done now. That foul on Kobe in the All Star game was ridiculous. Hopefully they choke again this year, the team gets blown up, and he no longer has to be associated with Lebron.

Official Clippers Press Release Statement said:
“The Clippers have done absolutely nothing wrong or inappropriate as it concerns Darrell Bailey. His claims are absurd and unfounded. He has never been an employee or representative of the Clippers organization, and therefore cannot be terminated. The Clippers have never engaged Mr. Bailey’s services. When he has been in need, the organization has regularly provided him a seat for games. No good deed goes unpunished.

We have had multiple conversations with him concerning his inappropriate use of the Clippers’ team name and trademark for his own unmonitored commercial gain. We have spoken to him repeatedly about his desire to make public appearances in ways which improperly suggest that he is officially affiliated with our organization. In all cases and over a long period of time, he has consistently rejected our efforts to operate in consultation.
In a conversation with an authoritative and tenured Clippers’ executive last week, he was asked again to either consult with the team on all public appearances and/or commercial ventures, or stop undertaking those opportunities representing himself inappropriately. His response was an offer to stop representing himself commercially in that way and his offer was accepted in principle.

The next thing we heard was the baseless claims he has made today and the ensuing media rush to judgment.

We hold all of our fans in the highest esteem and we have been patient and generous with Mr. Bailey. He has not returned our support in an honorable way. He is not actually a fan of the Clippers, but a fan of what he can make off of the Clippers. We are no longer interested in that kind of association with him, and that is why we accepted his offer to remove our team name from his stage name.”

donald_sterling.jpg

hahahaha, what a wonderful organization. A PR statement saying Clipper Darrell is not really a Clipper fan. Can't even make this shit up

Doomsayer

I seen that a couple of minutes ago on ESPN Mamba. What the fuck is Sterling thinking?

Bogut sent him a tweet saying hey could be BuckDarrell if he jumps on the Milwaukee bandwagon, haha.

masud

Banned
Laker Darrell has a nice ring to it. What kind of profit could he be making anyway? Stearling probably thought he was getting too uppity or some shit.

Poorly handled, but it looks like the right move.

Why the hell wouldn't the guy keep in contact with the FO and make sure his appearances and endorsements were kosher? Looks like he is trying to make it seem like the clips out of nowhere told him to give up his name or else, when in reality he'd rather start shit than abide by some rules. But that makes no sense, why the fuck wouldn't he be willing to consult with the FO regarding his basketball related activities?

I got a feeling a piece of the story is missing that is going to make one of these parties look very bad.

Poorly handled, but it looks like the right move.

Why the hell wouldn't the guy keep in contact with the FO and make sure his appearances and endorsements were kosher? Looks like he is trying to make it seem like the clips out of nowhere told him to give up his name or else, when in reality he'd rather start shit than abide by some rules. But that makes no sense, why the fuck wouldn't he be willing to consult with the FO regarding his basketball related activities?

I got a feeling a piece of the story is missing that is going to make one of these parties look very bad.

It's pretty convenient how this was never a problem til the Clippers were winning. Not like there wasn't an entire decade to handle this.

My guess, he was getting a couple local endorsements now that the Clippers matter ("hi I'm Clipper Darrel and I'm here to tell you that XYZ is great") and Sterling wants a cut of it.

Once a slumlord...

I find it hilarious that after what, 15 years, the Clippers go as far as to claim he's not even a Clipper fan. So bad at PR. So fucking bad.

What could he have possibly done? Was he selling bootleg clipper gear out of his trunk?

I could speculate all day but it really feels like something isn't being said. Someone was trying to get their hands in someone's pockets or thought they had more power than they actually do.

If I had to bet it's probably just another blunder in a long line of fuck ups by the organization. I still think it's a bit early to fling shit at anyone.

Vahagn

It's pretty convenient how this was never a problem til the Clippers were winning. Not like there wasn't an entire decade to handle this.

My guess, he was getting a couple local endorsements now that the Clippers matter ("hi I'm Clipper Darrel and I'm here to tell you that XYZ is great") and Sterling wants a cut of it.

Once a slumlord...

I find it hilarious that after what, 15 years, the Clippers go as far as to claim he's not even a Clipper fan. So bad at PR. So fucking bad.

yup pretty much this. If you've gone to a clipper game and aren't a huge fan...he gets kinda annoying and it looks desperate on the organization like they need a hype man or something...they obviously didn't mind a hype man before but now that they have important LA people and celebrities going they probably want to put a stop to it.

Use him when you suck and the audience needs some kind of energy...strong arm him out when he becomes a nuisance

Edit: that press release looks like a bitter 12 year old Dan Gilbert wrote it...was it in Comic Sans originally?

Alrix

What's weird is that I thought Rondo would be the one guy from the Celtics' core group that they kept to build around. One of the top PG's in the league and only 26. Yet he seems like he's going to be the first one to go. weird.

Sanjuro

Clippers doing everything possible to maintain that worst franchise of all time stigma.

I've been told the organization no longer wants me to be Clipper Darrell.

Clippers release a statement: That's absurd. He is not an employee. Fuck him....yes, we did ask him not to be Clipper Darrell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom