• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN - Halloween Sale - Prey, RE7, Outlast 2 and more (200+ items)

PowderedToast

What are the chances The Witcher 3 will get the same price cut in the near future like in Winter sale or anything? GOTY version never got below 25 € before and now it finally fell to 20 € maybe beacuse it's the franchise 10th anniversary? Are we going to see such price cut again or even lower or this is the only time the game will reach that price?
For example, I was waiting for DOOM Deluxe Edition to hit 25 € on sale in Spring and I was tempted to get it but I waited. Then the DLCs got included to the main game and it was discounted to 15 € and I waited. Now it's 12 € for the whole pack (from 105 € few months ago).
What do you think about Witcher 3? Is it good to wait like for Doom? I got MGS5:GZ and TPP plus all DLCS but then few months later Sony gave both GZ and TPP for free.
witcher 3 is constantly on sale. this is like the 4th time I can remember.

ramyeon

Evil Within is low enough for me to jump on it now. Was considering it already since 2 looks pretty great.

Now to see if I can get myself through it, I'm terrible with horror games.

DJwest

Asking again on the new page: How is the Nonary Games (999 + VLR) on PS4? I really wanted the Vita version (is that still coming?).

Bishop89

Evil Within is low enough for me to jump on it now. Was considering it already since 2 looks pretty great.

Now to see if I can get myself through it, I'm terrible with horror games.
It is a very tense game. Reminds me a lil of dead space in that regard

everyer

I've heard a lot of good things about Divinity Original Sin 2, is the first one worth getting on PS4? I could dive in for less than £10.

Yes, it is!!! The first one is still a masterpiece! Go and get it, enjoy every moment with your friends and family!

Meted

How is the latest version of Resident Evil 4? I heard it's 1080/60?

A lot of people (including me) had the aiming bug where Leon's gun wobble is 60fps (twice that of the other versions) making aiming a lot harder and long range almost impossible, and no patch to fix it

Meted

How is white day on ps4? Heard it has issues and isn't getting patches, Not sure if I should get it for pc or not.

With all the talk about loot boxes and doom and gloom about single player I decided to spend some money.

Got,

Prey
Soma
Wolfenstein tob
Darksiders collection
Bulletstorm

Looking forward to diving in.

How's Evil Within 1 performing these days on a pro? Season pass any good?

I haven't played it myself but Evil Within was one of the stand outs when boost mode was first added, as it apparently improved the framerate issues dramatically. And I assume the season pass is good, as a lot of fans seemed really happy that the director of both DLC campaigns was promoted to Evil Within 2 director.

Minamu

I haven't played it myself but Evil Within was one of the stand outs when boost mode was first added, as it apparently improved the framerate issues dramatically. And I assume the season pass is good, as a lot of fans seemed really happy that the director of both DLC campaigns was promoted to Evil Within 2 director.
Cool, I need to check it out then.

xrnzaaas

Dead by Daylight was a good buy. With the PS+ discount it's at half price of Friday the 13th. Plenty of people seem to be playing the game (I only tested playing as survivors, haven't checked out the killer part yet). I got some disconnections (and lost some progress), but they weren't severe. Now if only the game looked nicer, the PS3 graphics don't help in the experience. ;)

Ended up getting The Old Blood and re-buying The New Order. 4 quid each is a steal. I'm planning on going through them both before The New Colossus comes out.

How do Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2 OTR run on the PS4? Are they at 60fps or thereabouts?

I remember hearing that the first game performed better on PS4, the second on Xbox One, but nothing about OTR, and I don't know if they ever got patched or anything.

The only one I ever played was a bit of OTR on the PS3 (mostly the freeplay mode), and the performance and loading times on it were rough as hell. Is the original fun for a newcomer, or is it one of those that is better appreciated by someone who played it back when it first launched?

What are the chances The Witcher 3 will get the same price cut in the near future like in Winter sale or anything? GOTY version never got below 25 € before and now it finally fell to 20 € maybe beacuse it's the franchise 10th anniversary? Are we going to see such price cut again or even lower or this is the only time the game will reach that price?
For example, I was waiting for DOOM Deluxe Edition to hit 25 € on sale in Spring and I was tempted to get it but I waited. Then the DLCs got included to the main game and it was discounted to 15 € and I waited. Now it's 12 € for the whole pack (from 105 € few months ago).
What do you think about Witcher 3? Is it good to wait like for Doom? I got MGS5:GZ and TPP plus all DLCS but then few months later Sony gave both GZ and TPP for free.

Maaaaate it's absolute pointless trying to play the discount game. if you want to play the witcher now, buy it now. If you're just gonna buy it and have it sit there for a few months while you play the rest of your sale purchase then skip it. It's always on sale. It's a fucking good price; buying it at the lowest price ever won't make it a better game.

Meted

How do Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2 OTR run on the PS4? Are they at 60fps or thereabouts?

I remember hearing that the first game performed better on PS4, the second on Xbox One, but nothing about OTR, and I don't know if they ever got patched or anything.

The only one I ever played was a bit of OTR on the PS3 (mostly the freeplay mode), and the performance and loading times on it were rough as hell. Is the original fun for a newcomer, or is it one of those that is better appreciated by someone who played it back when it first launched?

Only played DR1 before the patch, seemed pretty good to me and the patch is supposed to make it run a little better, DR1 is a lot less forgiving than DR2/OTR but the ps4 version added in auto saves for DR1 to help out newcomers a bit (someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of that)

PowderedToast

Is Star Wars Battlefront worth it so shortly before it's sequel? Are there still enough ppl playing it?
it's still easy to get a game from what I've tried, but who knows how much it will drop off when 2 actually comes out. I can still see it having a population tbh.

Carn82

GET IT.

even full-price for just the main game it still is one of the most 'bang-for-the-buck' games this gen, the DLCs easily add 20 to 40+ hours of (fantastic-if-not-better-than-the-main-game) content.

KORNdoggy

bought observer. been waiting for a price drop since release because it launched £6 more expensive than the xbox and PC version for absolutely no fucking reason.

AndyVirus

Picked up The Bunker. Tempted on Knee Deep & Divinity. Never played an isometric RPG though and turn based has never appealed to me so I'm worried it'll be an hour and done.

it's still easy to get a game from what I've tried, but who knows how much it will drop off when 2 actually comes out. I can still see it having a population tbh.

It'll have a strong population until Christmas at the very least as most kids won't be getting it day one.

Only played DR1 before the patch, seemed pretty good to me and the patch is supposed to make it run a little better, DR1 is a lot less forgiving than DR2/OTR but the ps4 version added in auto saves for DR1 to help out newcomers a bit (someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of that)

Oh, OK.
I remember hearing that DR1 involved a lot of trial and error, then replaying the game with knowledge of what you did wrong.

Meted

Oh, OK.
I remember hearing that DR1 involved a lot of trial and error, then replaying the game with knowledge of what you did wrong.

You keep your level when you start over, probably won't beat the game on your first go. If you don't like replying things I wouldn't recommend any of the dead rising games

I got The Evil Within and Edith Finch. I may start TEW soon as I want to know if I'll decide on getting the DLC while it's still on sale as well. I remember reading that the DLC is pretty good and arguably more worthwhile than the main game.

How are the Darksiders and Metro compilations, worth getting on PS4 if you've never played them before?

The Metro games are excellent. 1080p, 60fps and absolutely butter smooth. They're solid games if you enjoyed the likes of Singularity or Half-Life 2. I can't speak for the quality of the ports of Darksiders 1 & 2 (I own both but have not played them yet) but the games are great. The first is a Zelda-esque adventure and the second is similar but with more emphasis on combat and RNG weapons and loot. It reminded me of Soul Reaver actually.

Kurtofan

damn it today i wanted to just buy wolfenstein the old blood and i ended up buying zero escape the nonary games on top of it , my poor wallett is almost empty

Vasili2K38

I'm getting at least the Darksiders collection, for that price is a steal. Also thinking about RE7 (but huge backlog) and also Divinity Original Sin EE, played solo the original in PC and I want to try it with my brother.

JP

I've not really been following the content and the description on the store doesn't seem to make it clear but what's the difference between buying the two Resident Evil Found Footage packs and buying the season pass?

I ask because it's quite a bit cheaper to buy the two packs separately, is there additional content that the season pass contains?

Mutombo

I was trying to get a copy of Divinity for about 20€, so 12€ is an absolute steal. Still thinking about getting prey; 25€ is a good price I suppose and the money goes to Bethesda, instead of getting a second hand copy.

The Witcher is always on sale because everybody already bought it!

I was trying to get a copy of Divinity for about 20€, so 12€ is an absolute steal. Still thinking about getting prey; 25€ is a good price I suppose and the money goes to Bethesda, instead of getting a second hand copy.

The Witcher is always on sale because everybody already bought it!

Prey is worth it and Arkane deserves it.

Any chance we would know the PS Plus games of November before this sale ends? The first Tuesday of next month will be on 7th and there is a great chance games will be revealed a couple of days before they go live which means after the sale is over.
This means there is a high chance, one of the games you could get through this sale may be offered for free next month.

Top Bottom