• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony |OT| Monokuma's Battlegrounds

Gradon

tumblr_op0xllgKra1vxd2rio1_400.gif

I'll be lurking this thread for everyone's reactions. I wasn't able to for 1 and 2 as I joined the party at the same time as the English release but this time I know.

I'll reiterate, I find that V3 is the best game in the series.

Are the system requirements accurate? I'm out of town and only have my Surface Pro 2 and was hoping I could play it with no AA and 720P but they seem quite high for a visual novel.

I'll be lurking this thread for everyone's reactions. I wasn't able to for 1 and 2 as I joined the party at the same time as the English release but this time I know.

I'll reiterate, I find that V3 is the best game in the series.

Hmmm I will be hanging around when I actually get my copy, European release being Friday sucks right now.
I've heard this game can be divisive in terms of people liking it or not and I liked what I saw in the demo so I'm hoping this will be great.

This *is* releasing digitally on Vita in the states, right? A few Vita games have been put on the store but it's not with them, while the PS4 version's available now.

EDIT: I know, it'll be there when it's there, by the end of the day, I'm just thirsty :p

Unnnnngggghhhh almooooooostttt here!!! (Europe)

The game isn't crossbuy between PS4 <-> Vita right?

Would love to play it on the big screen, but the VITA is where it belongs!

Dub right? I noticed it too. Im wondering if it's intentional

Yeah, dub. One of the main reasons I chose dub is because I really like Monokuma's dub voice but something about the high pitch is really throwing me off. Not sure what the deal with it is cause I'm certain it's the same person based on how they pronounce certain words.

Gradon

I've heard this game can be divisive in terms of people liking it or not and I liked what I saw in the demo so I'm hoping this will be great.

The divisiveness is definitely a thing and I found that in my group of Danganronpa friends too. I loved it personally, I hope everyone else does.

Yeah, dub. One of the main reasons I chose dub is because I really like Monokuma's dub voice but something about the high pitch is really throwing me off. Not sure what the deal with it is cause I'm certain it's the same person based on how they pronounce certain words.

Brian Beacock was asked to perform with a higher pitch for some reason, it's definitely different voice directing but definitely the same voice. It has been 3-4 years since Danganronpa 1 + 2 were dubbed so I wasn't surprised it was different sounding. You'll get used to it by the end.

(Chapter 1 END Spoiler)
Wow. I had actually been spoiled on that, but I thought it was so ridiculous (especially considering the source) that I didn't even register it as a spoiler.

DNAbro

Had to stop playing and do actual things in the middle of the first trial so I'll just be thinking about murders all day

epmode

Is this going up on the Humble Store today? A 10% discount from Humble Monthly might push me over the mental block I have against paying $60.

(I bought Vita and PC copies of 1 and 2 at full price)

FluxWaveZ

So Vita version's up on the PS Store along with the "HQ Audio Pack." Guess this is the version I'm going with; hopefully it actually does make it sound fine.

bleaker

I'm about to get my tooth drilled and I'm wondering why Monokuma hasn't dabbled in dentistry, seems like his kind of torture.

Anyway I'm just waiting to get this done so I can get the damn game.

Tizoc

Currently playing the prologue and
the DBZ and DBS references are hilarious.

Monokubs are awesome.

bigkrev

Is there an easy way to dump screenshots from a Vita onto a PC? This game doesn't let you use the Twitter application while still running the game (this and Danganronpa UDG are the only games I've played with this issue).

zMiiChy-

Banned
Please spoil just this one detail for me:
is
Kaede actually the protagonist in this game?
I've been hearing that she wasn't.

Please spoil just this one detail for me:
is Kaede actually the protagonist in this game?
I've been hearing that she wasn't.

Overall game spoilers:
she dies at the end of chapter 1, mind you, the developers do consider her and her replacement true protagonists and the reason she didn't get her own mode after the main game is because the dev team ran out of time

zMiiChy-

Banned
Could you have phrased that in a non-spoilery way? Jeez.

You better not have revealed a late-game twist.
I sincerely apologize if that were the case - I edited my post.
Too be fair, I only heard about it on Neogaf while browsing a thread that wasn't labelled for spoilers
:/

Please gaf let's be clever when labeling possible spoilers.

Also, the users above, please edit your quoting whenever you can. Thanks.

Is there an easy way to dump screenshots from a Vita onto a PC? This game doesn't let you use the Twitter application while still running the game (this and Danganronpa UDG are the only games I've played with this issue).
Yeah, you can sync them with a cord or even wirelessly. Just not while the game is running.

Razmos

Finally got home, sat through the download, pressed play... black screen "Danganronpa V3 has stopped working"

Every single time I try to play it on Steam

I just finished the prologue and my imagination is already running wild for possible theories about what twists could have this game to make people end up hating it.

If my hunch is right I could see me loving the game, but I also could see people being really pissed about it.

My theory at the moment goes like this: (prologue spoilers)
The killing game has to happen without any other meaningful reason that the killing itself. This is because people in their world (who are an extension of the players) are willing to pay money and turn a blind eye if that means more games. Of course to make things interesting there has to be ultimates involved -which will go along with the virtual reality where they are supposed to be, as the game drop hints about that possibility since five minutes in-. This goes along with something monokuma says in the gym:"you are here just for the killing" or similar. I also noticed something that I think? there wasn't in the other games; a rule that ends the killing game when there are only two people alive, making trials impossible.

Obviously don't click above if you don't want to know theories of other players about the story.

GoldStarz

I just finished the prologue and my imagination is already running wild for possible theories about what twists could have this game to make people end up hating it.

If my hunch is right I could see me loving the game, but I also could see people being really pissed about it.

My theory at the moment goes like this: (prologue spoilers)
The killing game has to happen without any other meaningful reason that the killing itself. This is because people in their world (who are an extension of the players) are willing to pay money and turn a blind eye if that means more games. Of course to make things interesting there has to be ultimates involved -which will go along with the virtual reality where they are supposed to be, as the game drop hints about that possibility since five minutes in-. This goes along with something monokuma says in the gym:"you are here just for the killing" or similar. I also noticed something that I think? there wasn't in the other games; a rule that ends the killing game when there are only two people alive, making trials impossible.

Obviously don't click above if you don't want to know theories of other players about the story.
The
Game ending at two survivors is indeed a new one.

BTA

Please gaf let's be clever when labeling possible spoilers.

Also, the users above, please edit your quoting whenever you can. Thanks.

Also I feel like I should say this again: maybe, just, don't respond if the question's out in the open?

There's been a few like this where I'm ok with it because it's still vague enough, but just think things through when you respond please. If the question is effectively "is this thing the game advertised as being true actually true?" and you have to spoiler tag the response... it's hard not to assume the answer is "no, there's a twist", you know?

Which is to say if you want to ask those questions, it's probably a good idea to spoiler tag them so nobody has to know what you asked!

(And now I'm actually leaving the thread for the day like I keep saying I will; I'll probably be back tonight depending on how far I get though.)

RikuDawn

I started up the game and loaded my demo save. Then I deleted the demo to clear up space on my Vita memory card. Then it said there was an update, so I updated. But when I restarted my save, my demo save was no longer loaded in. So, now I have to redownload the demo and beat it again. Joy.

pariah164

I started up the game and loaded my demo save. Then I deleted the demo to clear up space on my Vita memory card. Then it said there was an update, so I updated. But when I restarted my save, my demo save was no longer loaded in. So, now I have to redownload the demo and beat it again. Joy.
My sympathies.

aravuus

Loved the intro, the one that plays at the end of the prologue.

I hate how tired I've been all day. Took me a couple of hours to get through the prologue alone cause I just feel like sleeping, and now it's almost 8pm already. Hopefully I'll have more energy tomorrow.

tookhster

As expected, the music in this game is fucking awesome and already stuck in my head. Loving how the themes from previous themes are actually remixed and modernized unlike how most of the music in DR1 and DR2 were the same.

Tizoc

Oh god the
Yokai Watch
reference
"I'd have cash for days if I was dealing with the under 10 crowd!"

I wasn't sure if it was the lower quality audio on Vita, but he sounded different to me as well, way more like Mickey Mouse than before

lol that is apt, he does sound like an evil psychotic Mickey now.

Top Bottom