• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, man. I'm not that big on Mercy, but even she looks adorable. And Mei's proportions are perfect for this type of figurine.

I'm more iffy on Tracer, but only because that I'm so used to her regular apperance.
Hey, I said character, not characters! >:O Don't try to sneak that past me!

Haha, I just hate Tracer as a character design, and I don't use that lightly. Ugh, why's she gotta be everywhere. Mei nendo is probably going to be top of cute though. I hope Zarya gets a blonde head variant if she comes out.

Totally just had a game of Mystery Heroes with NRG's Numlocked on my team. They had a Rein and we convinced their Rein to shield us and he managed to get Rein too and he shielded them. It was a weird, wonderful little "only in Overwatch" game.

Blues1990

Haha, I just hate Tracer as a character design, and I don't use that lightly. Ugh, why's she gotta be everywhere. Mei nendo is probably going to be top of cute though. I hope Zarya gets a blonde head variant if she comes out.

Sorry, but people rarely respond to my comments, or they do but never quote me. It gets confusing as hell.

Given that Tracer's Nendoroid is labeled as her "Classic Outfit", it's safe to say that she (along with Mercy and Mei) will get variants. Mercy and Mei will probably get their Imp & Yeti Hunter costumes, but Tracer is more of a head scratcher. T-Racer? Jingle?

In either case, I want a Nendoroid of Lucio (HippityHop as a variant) and Zarya (Weightlifter as a variant). Imagine being able to pose smol Lucio wallriding over books!

Zen Aku

Just had a game as Mercy when I annihilated a Reaper coming straight at me with my pistol. Then 10 seconds later seeing him coming back for revenge, got him down to 10hp, he immediately ghost away to the nearest health pack. But poor Reaper couldn't escape from one final shot just before he got on the health pack.

4 minutes later he ulted, our soldier got him down to 1/4 health and I tapped him with my pistol. He didn't kill a single person. He raged so hard at me in chat.

#FeelsGood

caesar

Banned

She's the mascot of the game?

Owzers

lol owzer, i was spectating your game on illios. that soldier and mccree randoms cant hit for shit lol
I'm liking six gaf stacks for qp, if I have to have random people I'd prefer to save them for comp.

Fun games tonight, I added another 2 minutes to my Hanzo play time.

Question regarding Zen's ult. Does the healing for it still heal someone if they're affected by Ana's Biotic Grenade?

I gotta say, Zen is an incredibly satisfying hero to play. Love using his ult to save the entire team.

She's the mascot of the game?
I just find it antithetical to what the game actually is. I mean, does the game even need a singular mascot? It's an odd choice with it being about the cast of individual characters and teamplay. Especially when the character on display is pretty paper-thin with the only things most people latching on to with her being CHEERS LUV or her ass, which granted can be pegged for a bunch of the cast, but they're not given such disproportionately singular focus.

Tracer is super obnoxious like most people who do Let's Plays on YouTube.
Pretty much.

ISOM

Question regarding Zen's ult. Does the healing for it still heal someone if they're affected by Ana's Biotic Grenade?

I gotta say, Zen is an incredibly satisfying hero to play. Love using his ult to save the entire team.

Not right now but new buff will allow him to heal slightly through Ana nade.

I-hate-u

Ana's grenade shuts down enemy Zen's ult, and can be synced with friendly Lucio's heal amp for a budget tranquility.

Ana is just great.

DevilDog

Jeffrey Kaplan.

Also it sounds like Malaos is from Cyprus, don't see what he has to do with the Greek islands, but at least he will have a cool accent.

IISANDERII

So I recently reached level 25 and did the placement matches and it put me at 2300. Well they made a mistake because I've been getting pwned, people are doing crazy shit while I'm still learning the maps! Anyway now I'm about to drop down to silver, is there any reason why I should try really hard and prevent that from happening?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I recently reached level 25 and did the placement matches and it put me at 2300. Well they made a mistake because I've been getting pwned, people are doing crazy shit while I'm still learning the maps! Anyway now I'm about to drop down to silver, is there any reason why I should try really hard and prevent that from happening?

Just play to improve. Don't sweat it for now since you're still learning. If you're not doing too hot try to learn why, but yeah, just play to improve. And win.

maomaoIYP

2300 for someone who's just reached level 25 is actually pretty good.

Majine

Banned
Why didn't they leave earlier? Standing there for like a second or two before heading to the exit/cover. I rarely see so many kills with D.Va, especially in KOTH.

Well, if you're familiar with the DVa ult, you can maximize your time "in use" and minimize the time fleeing/taking cover.

I mean, who expects THAT to happen!?

Antiwhippy

I feel like I've been seeing way more smurfers these past few days then I did the entire season. Lotsa silver players who are always at their season high and playing way too good to have started out on silver.

Skii

I feel like I've been seeing way more smurfers these past few days then I did the entire season. Lotsa silver players who are always at their season high and playing way too good to have started out on silver.

If you're a smurf, how do you end up at silver? lol.

Antiwhippy

If you're a smurf, how do you end up at silver? lol.

No idea man. Either they deliberately tanked their first 25 levels + placement, or they're using someone else's account/bought them.

Because there's no way some of these silvers should actually be in silver.

Skii

No idea man. Either they deliberately tanked their first 25 levels + placement, or they're using someone else's account/bought them.

Because there's no way some of these silvers should actually be in silver.

I guess they either want to play with their friends or emulate those bronze to GM "challenges".

Skii

Dva seems to be in a good place. Just catching up on some tournament vods and she's getting a decent amount of play. She's just so splashable because of DM and her mobility. I really don't think she needs a buff. It just seems like bad Dva players (including me) are going to have to adjust to her not being completely indestructible.

Jeffrey Kaplan

Also it sounds like Malaos is from Cyprus, don't see what he has to do with the Greek islands, but at least he will have a cool accent.

Jeff's full name is Jeffrey, yes.

And uh, Cyprus IS a Greek island, at least culturally and linguistically. And both countries also share their music, film and theater industries, so a Cypriot actor playing a Greek character is not particularly out of left field.

I'm pretty sure I played with one smurf the other day. Level 1 and DPSing like a fucking god lol.

Kysen

The SR streak multiplier is stupid. My main tanked 300 rating down to borderline master, nothing I did worked just loss after loss. My smurf just had the best run ever and gained 400 rating in one sitting and is now higher than my main.
Dva seems to be in a good place. Just catching up on some tournament vods and she's getting a decent amount of play. She's just so splashable because of DM and her mobility. I really don't think she needs a buff. It just seems like bad Dva players (including me) are going to have to adjust to her not being completely indestructible.
You get so much rage from your team picking Dva now :( I am sticking with her, but some games are really hard to play when you have people judging your every move. I had a mercy main tell me that my pick wasn't viable earlier today lol.

finalflame

Gold Member
Did something happen to cull Surefour's viewer count? I just tuned in to him and he only has like ~200 viewers right now.

Edit: Ah, he must have just got on. His viewer count is climbing fast. Nicesu.

DevilDog

Jeff's full name is Jeffrey, yes.
Jeffrey doesn't rhyme with death.

And uh, Cyprus IS a Greek island, at least culturally and linguistically. And both countries also share their music, film and theater industries, so a Cypriot actor playing a Greek character is not particularly out of left field.

I know, but their accents are very different, even I have problems understanding what they're saying sometimes.

It makes sense though, a normal Greek accent isn't something particularly interesting to hear, I like that they're using an actor from Cyprus.

Why is it that people complain about Hanzo when literally every game I have played in competitive thus far has had a Junkrat?

you don't play enough to see man. but also the fact, that the chances of someone being successful with junkrat are higher than randoms being successful with Hanzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom