• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about Amazon sending damn near everything in a bubble envelope?

Raziel

Another Black Friday/Cyber Monday has come and gone, which means a whole lot of said envelopes were deployed.

What are your thoughts on this shitty shipping packaging?

Fox Mulder

It fucking sucks.

I'd gladly pay more for Prime with an option to guarantee shipping with ups in a box. I'm tired of crushed blurays in a bubble envelope handled by the incompetent usps.

ThisGuy

I never had a problem till I ordered books. Minor nuisance. I like the idea of choosing what it ships in though, I'd pay a little extra to upgrade. People pay for box all the time.

Giolon

It’s terrible. I’ve had video games and blu-rays get crushed in the bubble mailers. They even ship large CE and LEs in bubble mailers and those are usually doubly assured to arrive damaged.

I’ve stopped using Amazon for these types of items and gone to Best Buy local pick up or even GameStop when necessary.

It's less wasteful, saves space and is suitable for the majority of products.

If I bought a phone or something, I'd be pretty annoyed

ive had a couple game cases messed up by the bubble mailers i complained to amazon they gave me a partial refund and all my games now come in cardboard tiny box mailers.

Something like this
1us2LuC.jpg

No more problems after that.

I couldn't care less, as long as the contents arrive in mint condition-

Here in Italy from Amazon Prime direct shipment all my orders come in a cardboard box, the only Bubble Envelop shipment arrives by non prime stores

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
ive had a couple game cases messed up by the bubble mailers i complained to amazon they gave me a partial refund and all my games now come in cardboard tiny box mailers.

Something like this
1us2LuC.jpg

No more problems after that.

Yes all my games and small items come in these boxes and Ive never had any damages.
Big items com in big box with scrumpled up brown paper and those to have never had any damages.
Amazon is excellent at packaging.

LQX

They seemingly designate all games and movies to be shipped in a bubble regardless of how fragile it is. If it can fit, ship it in a bubble envelope regardless of the fact it is a $100 collectors edition of game in a box. I and many have had to do many returns because of this and I think that is why they started not having Prime discounts on CE editions of games as they had to eat the costs of returns on damaged boxes. Ridiculous.

I no longer even buy games from them unless it is a better deal than BesBuy.

OrionFalls

It’s not the packaging I have an issue with, it’s the delivery times. I pay for Prime. When I order next-day Prime delivery, I want it the next day, not 2-3 days later.

luxsol

Amazon is excellent at packaging.

They're shit at packing though.

I've had so many books come from them with the covers torn or crunched up that i just stopped buying books from Amazon.
I only buy from third party stores or Barnes and Noble now.

Amazon is absolutely horrible when it comes to this, I recently got all the parts I needed for a computer and they sent the RAM/SSD/HDD/Power Supply (I was actually surprised that envelopes that big exist) all separately in envelopes, all of them arrived broken into multiple pieces. The rest of the parts were sent in comically oversized boxes with 0 air packets or anything at all to protect them so those parts all arrived with their boxes smashed to bits.

This has happened over 20 times with all types of fragile items from Amazon and the only reason I've continued to attempt to buy stuff there is when I'm getting specialized items that can only be purchased there.

I've had 40 or more LE games arrive broken in envelopes despite explaining the situation to customer service after every single time and every time they give assurance that it won't happen again but everytime the replacement arrives in the same packaging meaning it must get sent out automatically before a person can make note of the past issues and ensure proper packaging.

The only problem I have with Amazon is their packaging, I have no issue with their shipping times or prices or stock availability, but their packaging is the worst I've ever seen for any company and it's absurd how much money they must waste on replacements when they could spend a few extra pennies to ensure items ship properly and don't break in transit because of their refusal to package items safely.

luxsol

Amazon is absolutely horrible when it comes to this, I recently got all the parts I needed for a computer and they sent the RAM/SSD/HDD/Power Supply (I was actually surprised that envelopes that big exist) all separately in envelopes, all of them arrived broken into multiple pieces. The rest of the parts were sent in comically oversized boxes with 0 air packets or anything at all to protect them so those parts all arrived with their boxes smashed to bits.

This has happened over 20 times with all types of fragile items from Amazon and the only reason I've continued to attempt to buy stuff there is when I'm getting specialized items that can only be purchased there.

I've had 40 or more LE games arrive broken in envelopes despite explaining the situation to customer service after every single time and every time they give assurance that it won't happen again but everytime the replacement arrives in the same packaging meaning it must get sent out automatically before a person can make note of the past issues and ensure proper packaging.

The only problem I have with Amazon is their packaging, I have no issue with their shipping times or prices or stock availability, but their packaging is the worst I've ever seen for any company and it's absurd how much money they must waste on replacements when they could spend a few extra pennies to ensure items ship properly and don't break in transit because of their refusal to package items safely.

I blame all this shit on how fast their workers should be packing that crap.
They do not give a shit, because they're obviously being rushed.

Amazon has the material to properly pack everything like it should.

They either need more workers or they need to give them more time to package stuff.

If it is causing mass breaks they'll correct it themselves when they quantity the costs. They changed the packaging because or was cheaper, but now they wrought a new problem that will cause customer complaints.

If it's a big enough issue they'll change it. They have to or the competition will gain on them.

Top Bottom