• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.11.7 on Wii U system features - Nov. 7, 6AM EST

Drago

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, I didn't see anything, but we have at least one image of the Wii U's eShop:

img_newsoft.jpg
Eh...

Need to see more before a final judgment. Not sure if I like or don't like what I see :/
Reminds me of how the 3DS shop has different themes every week instead of permanent, broad categories, which is not something I really like.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, I didn't see anything, but we have at least one image of the Wii U's eShop:

img_newsoft.jpg

That looks better than the home screen.

I wish the TV display didn't have that huge sidebar though. It should be enough to have it on the pad, and most of the elements on the TV can stand to be smaller.

What's the point in having exactly the same thing on both screens?

So you can navigate the entire WiiU interface with just the gamepad...without even turning on the TV.

Um, that's why there is the gamepad screen.

I didn't say some things should only be usable from one screen. Why have them exactly the same when you're using both? That is the question.

You can almost hear the crickets in the background and see a tumbleweed in the corner

:(

Are the crickets the ones setting up the brand new Wii U demo station, or is it the tumbleweed? :p

onipex

It would be cool if you can browse for 3DS specific eshop stuff from the WiiU eshop. And buy too.

That has to be too cool for Nintendo. It just can't happen. The Wii is a download station for the DS so the Wii U will not be one for the 3DS. I will not hope for such a thing.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
That has to be too cool for Nintendo. It just can't happen. The Wii is a download station for the DS so the Wii U will not be one for the 3DS. I will not hope for such a thing.
You should be able to do it from the browser if not the shop interface itself, since the shop is going to be accessible from other devices' browsers too, just by logging in. Once they add the accounts system to 3DS too at least. But I imagine they will let people have the same account for both WiiU and 3DS as well, at which point they may as well let people buy 3DS games from the WiiU shop itself as well, who knows.

Rich!

Yay, nice and confirmed now that the Pro Controller is USB standard and Bluetooth.

PC DRIVERS, HERE WE COME! Hopefully in time for the UK launch in three weeks!

Rich!

I really hope they add the ability to play Virtual Console games on the Gamepad!

Not the ones you already own that run in Wii BC mode. That won't happen.

Hope for a free upgrade to new emulators coded to run in Wii U native mode or more likely, buy new VC versions for a price.

GWX

Nintendo plans to let us browse eShop and buy stuff with our smartphones in the future. Of course they are going to unify the system, but they need to update the 3DS with Nintendo Network ID support first.

Top Bottom