• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madventure

Oooh nice thanks for the heads up.
BFG is a separate game right?

The Doom 3 BFG edition is a different one than Doom 3, and Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil

It doesn't let you use Mods basically what it boils down to and is a separate entity on steam, although there's a "remastered" version in BFG edition

gdt

So um I just did the creators update for W10 and my 4k/hdr tv looks fucked up.

It looked like shit then I turned HDR off then back on and it doesn't quite look like shit anymore but really washed out colours now. Very mute.

I thought this was fixed?

Anyone trying the Lawbreakers beta? The game is quite fun, we will see if it has some legs or not.

I did and thought it was quite fun. The gameplay has this old school Unreal Tournament (with a low gravity mutator) feel to it. The sci fi environments look cool and it runs really well too. I feel like the TTK is a bit too high for the kind of movement options and map sizes that the game offers. Being able to kill an enemy without the help of team mates might not be very easy.

I think there's an expectation these days that the 'heroes' in a hero shooter should have their own distinct character/personality and I think that's where the game falls short. Nobody really stands out visually or with their voice acting.

Friends who played the old beta tests last year told me it got much better so it might be worth revisiting if you didn't like it back then. I don't know if the game will be successful. My gut says no but we'll see. Can't wait to see what kind of trash talk CliffyB has for PC gamers if it does bomb.

Really useful, thanks! It seems i have all non-free games that not available in my region except Railroad Tycoon 2: Platinum and that Ubisoft game based on The Sum of All Fears movie. And while it's possible to find RT2 steam keys, i guess i miss my chance to get The Sum of All Fears because of this new gifting system. And i'm really surprised that this one is still available in store, all other licensed Ubisoft games were removed from sale everywhere (RIP King Kong and Lost: Via Domus), but The Sum of All Fears for some reasons are still up and receiving -50% discount every major sale - https://steamdb.info/app/19810/

TheTrain

Just started the route C in Nier...holy fuck....

dhMeAzK.gif

Tizoc

Europe key, and Capcom region locks theirs. Totally forgot about this and was unsuccessful in redeeming.

Gonna have to try to do a return, on a key, which feels laughable. I guess I can sell it in B/S/T worst case.

Dang sorry mate I thought it was ROW like the other ones.

Ladekabel

dhMeAzK.gif

I'm at a similar spot and while I enjoy it I must say that I'm a little bit underwhelmed. The twist near the end of Route was obvious from the start if you played the original Nier. And the thing after the painful sequence after the beginning is announcing itself before, too, imo.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Really useful, thanks! It seems i have all non-free games that not available in my region except Railroad Tycoon 2: Platinum and that Ubisoft game based on The Sum of All Fears movie. And while it's possible to find RT2 steam keys, i guess i miss my chance to get The Sum of All Fears because of this new gifting system.

Yeah, no luck there, I'm afraid:

This package is only purchasable in specified countries
Canada, United States, Mexico, Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador

InquisitorAles said:
And i'm really surprised that this one is still available in store, all other licensed Ubisoft games were removed from sale everywhere (RIP King Kong and Lost: Via Domus), but The Sum of All Fears for some reasons are still up and receiving -50% discount every major sale - https://steamdb.info/app/19810/

Ubi actually owns the entertainment rights to the Tom Clancy IP, plus the game is technically based on the book rather than the film adaptation and just borrows the poster as the cover for promotional purposes, similar to how the covers of books are updated after they've been made into films:

Vibranium

Banned
Speaking of Wolfenstein, I hope the third game after The New Colossus takes place outside of the United States again, just to keep changing things up.

I disliked how both Resistance 2 and 3 were in America, the Britain setting in Fall of Man was really unique.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/385250/Paint_it_Back/

Paint it Back is really addicting. My playtime is showing 26 hours but I idled it for cards so my time so far must be around 22 hours and I'm still not getting of tired of it. In my humble opinion it's the perfect game for myself to play before going to the bed or after a stressful day at work, though some paintings made me rage quit.

It's worth nothing that Paint it Back is my first experience with this genre so I can't say how it compares to other games but there's a demo you can try and I believe your save carries over to the complete version. I'm most likely to search for other games in this genre on Steam, so I appreciate any recommendation.

-------
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/378540/The_Surge/

I played the demo and the game is ok. The plot seemed interesting and I would like to discover more about what happened between the surgery in the main character and when he wakes up and the world is already fucked. From the demo I really can't tell how diverse the enemies are, because I only found drones and other people (are they dead?) also wearing exoskeleton.

I was playing with Keyboard and Mouse and it felt ok, the mouse's scroll wheel is used to select different parts of the enemies body you want to beat and rip out to get blueprints and items. In the first area you can unlock many shortcuts and it helps navigating through the level because the enemies respawn when you use the medical facility.

The demo ends on what appears to be a boss battle, and I wish it could let me fight against it. While I liked it, I think I'll wait for a good discount because the price is a little steep on my country's currency.

That, Crown Champion: Legends of the Arena game on chrono.gg is pretty fun. It's similar to Punch Club, but not as much grinding and instead of just one fighter you control a gladiator school. I've already put a few hours into it. Definitely worth the coins imo.

It's worth nothing that Paint it Back is my first experience with this genre so I can't say how it compares to other games but there's a demo you can try and I believe your save carries over to the complete version. I'm most likely to search for other games in this genre on Steam, so I appreciate any recommendation.

Oh, I didn't know there was a demo. Thanks for the info!

Nabs

PUBG hit 482,274 concurrent players today. That's higher than any non-Valve game, beating Fallout 4 (471,955).

Zeneric

dhMeAzK.gif

I need to taste route C. But the route I'm on (route B) is so boring. Hard to be motivated to get to route C and after. Is route B the worst route of Nier Automata's routes? How many routes are there? Maybe I need to increase the difficulty. Is increasing difficulty in Nier Automata mid way possible? I don't remember... Don't mind starting the game again on higher diff tho.

edit:
I probably should post this in Nier Automata's OT.

Plesiades

Get ready for the Battle Royale craze...

Ubisoft has Ghost Recon Wildlands/The Division.
EA has Battlefield.
Take 2/2K has GTAV.
Sony revives M.A.G. or makes a new mode for The Last of Us: Part II
Activision has Treyarch up next and they like to make weird stuff.
Microsoft has that game from E3 with the shoutcaster.
Some other publisher actually licenses the Battle Royale IP. Probably BANDAI NAMCO.

zkylon

zkylewd
little witch academia kind of made me want to do a magic playthrough of one of the souls games

kinda feeling 3 cos the ashen estus might make it a little more interesting but 3 is such a bad game for replayability since it's so fucking linear

2 i've done a mage playthrough already but i've never played 1 as a mage, so that might be an option too

Madventure

EA has Battlefield.
Take 2/2K has GTAV.
Some other publisher actually licenses the Battle Royale IP. Probably BANDAI NAMCO.

DayZ arguably spawned the shitty Zombie Survival MMO-Lite style early access craze so yeah expect it to start that train come chugging along. Happened with MOBAs and their like.

Ark was originally 1 singular game but than split into two for their Battle Royale type game and their Survival game. Same thing with H1Z1 and their survival game.

I was following H1Z1 from the beginning and absolutely hated their battle royale idea simply because I wanted a better DayZ with the backing of a company that was reliable that had worked on legitimate games/had a real engine and now it's just a wallowing mess filled with microtansactions bleeding from its eyes and the actual development is arguably worse than DayZ at this point.

There is already King of the Kill H1Z1, the Arma Mods, Ark Survival of the Fittest, The Culling (I think that's its name)

dot

I need to taste route C. But the route I'm on (route B) is so boring. Hard to be motivated to get to route C and after. Is route B the worst route of Nier Automata's routes? How many routes are there? Maybe I need to increase the difficulty. Is increasing difficulty in Nier Automata mid way possible? I don't remember... Don't mind starting the game again on higher diff tho.

edit:

I think route B is the worst one too. Route C though... phew.

Nabs

edit:

Just speed through B. It doesn't take long if you just rush it.

EA has Battlefield.
Take 2/2K has GTAV.

I'm surprised nothing has showed up so far. I'd love to see what a competent developer could do with Battle Royale.

BasilZero

Anyone here played "KARAKARA" on Steam?

Its a Sekai Project VN lol

Finished the game but I noticed that there are two cards left for me to get...and well they havent dropped despite clocking 2.5 hours in the game >.>....there's also a thread of someone who's played it for at least 4 hours and have yet to get a 2nd card.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom