• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I didn't say they can't be wrong. Again you are twisting what I say. I was clearly stating that "X number of people like it obviously for a reason". I didn't say said reason can't be wrong for certain individuals. I am not going to say every single person who watches the show is going to love it because obviously there are going to be people who don't like it. That would be faulty logic on my end. You are just reading more into it then I actually gave.

I think it best if you just drop the argument and enjoy what you like. I dont give a flying fuck if people like what I do or not. I just happily devour anime like the life sustenance it is for me.
However I would really like it if everyone watched Millennium Actress ;)

Narag

Hahahahahahaha.

You won't break me today AnimeGAF. I am going to go to sleep before I actually get upset.

If you weren't interested in discussing the metric beyond a face value glimpse to push an agenda, you probably shouldn't have brought it up to begin with.

No. It's 2AM where I live and I am a little exhausted. Hence why I need to sleep. Unless you would rather I would stay awake and keep chatting with the lovely people of AnimeGAF?

Geneijin

I didn't say they can't be wrong. Again you are twisting what I say. I was clearly stating that "X number of people like it obviously for a reason". I didn't say said reason can't be wrong for certain individuals. I am not going to say every single person who watches the show is going to love it because obviously there are going to be people who don't like it. That would be faulty logic on my end. You are just reading more into it then I actually gave.
I think the problem is you're reading less into the things you're trying to imply.

Dresden

No. It's 2AM where I live and I am a little exhausted. Hence why I need to sleep. Unless you would rather I would stay awake and keep chatting with the lovely people of AnimeGAF?

Look, if you're going to stop, just stop. Engage with passive aggressive bullshit and you're gone.

Dresden

This is what Key does to people.

ifBO2NByHuMb.gif

Jex

Anyway to make this thread about good anime for a change I watched Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer the other night and was super impressed by it, the gradual unfolding of what was going on was really well done, not too obvious, just the right amount of mystery and subtlety. It really speaks to the director's talent how well he guided the atmosphere of the movie from beginning with wacky hijinks to the sombre empty city to the group readjusting to their circumstances and so on

It does need some basic knowledge of the show to appreciate some of the character's motivations but it's a really fun movie in its own right, glad i finally found the time to watch this.

Why would you do that.

Jex

Giant Robo 1-6:
I remember dropping this after the first episode bcause it was just too nonsensical. After I, like Setsuna, became Gundam and discovered the glory of Imagawa da god, I decided to give this a chance again. Much better, now that I know exactly what I was getting into.

Welcome to the fold, brother.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I think it best if you just drop the argument and enjoy what you like. I dont give a flying fuck if people like what I do or not. I just happily devour anime like the life sustenance it is for me.
However I would really like it if everyone watched Millennium Actress ;)

I need to watch this, Pronto!

Branduil

Weeaboo tends to imply a lack of self-awareness to the point where the "gaijin" fully believes in all sorts of "Japanese master race" nonsense.

See: MAL forcing Japanese titles on everything, even things which have official English titles from the original creators.

That's a bull yo, out all of thing Nasu didn't have camp value? plz

Maybe. Sure isn't much in Garden of Sinners, though.

Chaika -The Coffin Princess- 1+2

This show wasn't even on my list until someone here mentioned it's basically Scrapped Princess -- and I loved Scrapped Princess. Then I found out this show is based on the light novel created by Ichirō Sakaki, the creator of Scrapped Princess and I became super interested. And it's also by Bones as well? Whoa! So far, I love it. The fighting in episode 2 was ace. I like characters. The mythology is interesting. My only criticism right now is that the art takes a bit of getting used to.

The only other bad is this is only 12 episodes and the light novels aren't done yet.'

Also, how the hell does Sakaki have so many on-going series at the same time?

cajunator

Banned
Weeaboo tends to imply a lack of self-awareness to the point where the "gaijin" fully believes in all sorts of "Japanese master race" nonsense.

See: MAL forcing Japanese titles on everything, even things which have official English titles from the original creators.

Basically, yeah. I obviously like some aspects of japanese culture, but no way in hell do I think its superior to everything else. Its a unique culture and special for providing anime, but its still just one culture of many, and there are some truly fascinating things done in other cultures of equal merit and respect.

I dont understand this weeaboo nonsense.

Narag

I saw another terrible one the other day that I wanted to share but can't remember what it was.

edit: Oh wait here we go: Andersen Douwa Ningyo Hime

BluWacky

Kanon (their first game) was an eroge.

So was Air, in fact! It's not like you can really dismiss Tomoyo After and Kud Wafter, either, even if they weren't anime.

...I know more about Key than is probably healthy.
I really liked Air, okay? It was beautiful in 2005, I was young!

Eusis

Man, the only time I could be close to that when we have a localized title is something like Laputa because Castle in the Sky alone sounds generic and doesn't roll off the tongue like Laputa, and I just find it silly they didn't call it Laputa: Castle in the Sky in NA in the first place.

Naturally, MAL calls it Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa. I guess I should be glad it isn't Rapyuta.

duckroll

Chaika -The Coffin Princess- 1+2

This show wasn't even on my list until someone here mentioned it's basically Scrapped Princess -- and I loved Scrapped Princess. Then I found out this show is based on the light novel created by Ichirō Sakaki, the creator of Scrapped Princess and I became super interested. And it's also by Bones as well? Whoa! So far, I love it. The fighting in episode 2 was ace. I like characters. The mythology is interesting. My only criticism right now is that the art takes a bit of getting used to.

The only other bad is this is only 12 episodes and the light novels aren't done yet.'

Also, how the hell does Sakaki have so many on-going series at the same time?

Hello there fellow Scrapped Princess fan! *waves*

Yeah it's the author of Scrapped Princess, the director of Scrapped Princess, and the same animation studio that made Scrapped Princess. It's pretty cool how they managed to get the team together again to adapt a fantasy series which is basically.... about another scrapped princess. Lol.

As far as the adaptation goes, I'm not sure what the plan is, but when the Scrapped Princess anime started, the novels weren't complete either. The final two volumes came out while the anime was airing, and I think the final volume was actually released in the same month the anime concluded. I wonder if there's something similar planned here?

cajunator

Banned
So was Air, in fact! It's not like you can really dismiss Tomoyo After and Kud Wafter, either, even if they weren't anime.

...I know more about Key than is probably healthy.
I really liked Air, okay? It was beautiful in 2005, I was young!

I love AIR. I still have the DVDs and a Gao Gao Stegosaurus shirt that I wear to work, and a poster. Air is the shit.

Jex

[Engage Planet Kiss Dum] 1 - 14

8010440_mqrko0.jpg

This is a story about Shoe Aiba. He has red hair and wears a cool red jacket, but not like, all the time.

25124201_mhwj4w.jpg

He's got a bunch of nakama who fight these weird giant monster people, and bugs as well. Some of this nakama even look like sonic the hedghog, but with more NTR possibilities.There's also a megane with long hair who he likes.

Anyway, one day they totally fuck and everything goes to shit. It was really dark, which was surprising, because I thought it would be one of the fun anime. Anyway, then like, it's all okay, because he becomes the NECRODIVER.

18792641_mbtj1u.jpg

The NECRODIVER is totally cool because you really get to show off your abs a lot of the time and fuck up bad guys. He's really strong and really cool.

569877_m5jk14.jpg

Anyway, another part of being the NECRODIVER means you get like, these goddesses protecting you and serving as your weapons so thats sweet. But they're like, not a harem because they're all tsundairyes.

105999_mockxh.jpg

Unfortunately, after the apocalypse Shoe ends up roaming around with these two girls with short hair and they really suck. All they do is get in his way and tie him down when he could doing cool shit. They keep getting captured and falling off stuff so I think they're gonna die but then they aren't dead and it makes me sad.

29650775_m8zkgl.png

Anyway there's also like, a twintails girl in the show and she's like a witch or something? I don't know. She spends a lot of time in the post-apocalypse sunbathing naked and drinking wine in swimming pools.

Anyway this is a cool show with cool music and lots of action so I'd recommend it to be people who just want a cool action show.

Mr.Jeff

So you could argue that weaboos have chuuni syndrome where they believe emphatically that they are "sugoi otaku" and dress and act funny. Until they grow up and look back and realise that talking in broken romanji and thinking harem anime is the peak of civilisation was ridiculous.

Of course calling them chuuni's already kinda weaboo-ish in itself so there's some kind of meta thing there.

(Damn Kyoani for bringing that word into public usage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom