• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Despite all the crap going on I still love this place as a gaming community

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is this really back?

It's not there yet, people are still being angry and goofing around. Probably will take some time to stabilize.

Also, the loss of OT stings. Have some great memories on that side of the fence. Ah well... c'est la vie...

If all the crazies move to resetera this place can be good again.

How is it crazy if you dont want to support and directly benefit a site owner accused of sexual assault and even openly admitted to grabbing girls buts to show "he wont be taken advantage of"

Chief_Mitch

Yep, its definitely been my daily for getting information on whats happening in the gaming community. So glad to see it is being refocused on GAMES after all this shenanigans.

This place was a hive mind and a safe haven for social justice warriors . The site can be credited to ruining a few of my most beloved franchises like mass effect. Karma is a bitch and the site got what it deserves .

What does that even mean lol. Mass Effect Andromeda's flaws were bad writing and bad tech, neither of which have to do with NeoGAF or "SJWs".

Not that I like this site.

Quasar

i tried other places but its all shit, all i want is refresh gaf and see gaming news or people getting angry because a game is 57 fps

Not sure what I want given only about 20% of my time was spent on gaming side. For me it was only coincidental that it was a gaming forum.

Jumeira

Banned
If anything, I'll still be here for the gaming news.

News are fast and concise and even small news gets made here.

Yeah, already discovered more in the gaming world since GAF was up then i did in the past 2 days. Halo 3 on Xbox S is looking sexy.

heringer

How is it crazy if you dont want to support and directly benefit a site owner accused of sexual assault and even openly admitted to grabbing girls buts to show "he wont be taken advantage of"

Why didn't you leave in 2012, then? A bit hypocritical to only leave now, no?

Eventually we'll be back to "normal"

This is the case with everything, for better or for worse.

The loud voices in here will go away and form their own group (not including all the burner accounts that came out of the woodwork for this), and the rest will stay for gaming side.

No clue how the new Off Topic is gonna work out

void666

Banned

I'm no fan of Tyler but what ruined neogaf were the crazy SJWs and power hungry mods. If they move to new hugbox it will be better for everyone.

I'm not sure what to really say, i've only been a member for a few months, but don't really wanna see the place go. At certain times it did get toxic, but the general community of gaf is just people who like to talk about video games. I hope that it can stay that way as we move foward.

Kimawolf

I can understand your point of view. I prefer to let things shake out first before passing judgement. And GAF community is one of the best I ever joined, I won't let it go on mere accusations. I'll wait, and see how it shakes out not make a snap, quick decision based on half the information. Evilore says he has a story to tell, now its a he said/she said, and I wait.

RPGam3r

Nice to see this back up. Hope it stabilizes and some of the burner accounts get taken care of.

Best place to see news breaking.

Wesker28

eZpr_f-maxage-0.gif

I missed this place already. Nice to see it back up

Oxn

I'm no fan of Tyler but what ruined neogaf were the crazy SJWs and power hungry mods. If they move to new hugbox it will be better for everyone.

Yup, i wish they impement thumbs up and thumbs down, so i can thumb up this post.

sinonobu

Banned
A lot of people are moving to new forum (can’t mention the name since the post will be deleted) so this will be formal shelf of what it was.

FiggyCal

Banned
This place was a hive mind and a safe haven for social justice warriors . The site can be credited to ruining a few of my most beloved franchises like mass effect. Karma is a bitch and the site got what it deserves .

This site was a mess, but you know what else is a mess: anywhere online. For as much as people seemed to hate neogaf, I'm sorry to tell you that /v/ is not much better.

Mifec

I can understand your point of view. I prefer to let things shake out first before passing judgement. And GAF community is one of the best I ever joined, I won't let it go on mere accusations. I'll wait, and see how it shakes out not make a snap, quick decision based on half the information. Evilore says he has a story to tell, now its a he said/she said, and I wait.
This would be fine if it was the first instance bit sadly it's not, he said/she said kinda doesn't cut it anymore.

I didn't realize how many times I checked GAF till it was gone. Multiple times i'd turn to my phone and just stare at it, confused as to where to even go.

I don't even care to engage a ton, it's just nice having a place to go to keep up with the latest gaming news.

golfham

Agreed. This is a great forum and I don't want to see it go. Let's weather the storm and not assassinate Evilore over baseless accusations. It's just wrong. The girl who made the accusation seemed mentally unstable based on her claims (being harassed 4 times in a day...really?) AND they were in a relationship.

This is a manufactured controversy by the former mods to upheave the site and steal the community (in my opinion).

quesalupa

It definitely has my favorite forum structure. Great design for both having conversation as well as fast news. You guys are pretty alright too. Shame about the owner..

Gardenjam

Neo Member
Dude, i love this place. And agree, hopefully all the bad eggs go somewhere else in protest.

I don't know if evil lore is crazy or not, but who cares. I bet the house you live in was built by a company managed by a crazy person, the country you live in is managed by a crazy person, the car you drive was built by a company, managed by a crazy person :p

It's not there yet, people are still being angry and goofing around. Probably will take some time to stabilize.

Also, the loss of OT stings. Have some great memories on that side of the fence. Ah well... c'est la vie...

Ask yourself... when an entire community leaves, what's truly left? You'll get to post with all new people for sure but... The culture you enjoyed won't be the same, nor will the news come as swiftly.

All that's left is the name.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT MY AVATAR IS META AF

Siege.exe

Wanted that "Anime was a mistake" thread to have my final post, but that got closed really quick so I guess I'll just do it here :p. It's been real y'all, I wasn't a super frequent poster or well known or anything, but it was a joy being here while it lasted. Hope to see some of you when the new place gets going.

250qPx.gif

OEM

I don't think we will ever get the full community back anytime soon

and without the vibrant community, GAF is nothing

Why is this thread still open?

It's meta discussion not involving anything related to video games. We should abide by the rules as enumerated by the forum's owner, Tyler Malka, and stop posting meta discussions.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This is the case with everything, for better or for worse.

The loud voices in here will go away and form their own group (not including all the burner accounts that came out of the woodwork for this), and the rest will stay for gaming side.

No clue how the new Off Topic is gonna work out

Is there going to be a new Off Topic? I get the impression that GAF will just be gaming going forward.

Ask yourself... when an entire community leaves, what's truly left? You'll get to post with all new people for sure but... The culture you enjoyed won't be the same, nor will the news come as swiftly.

All that's left is the name.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT MY AVATAR IS META AF

Yeah, it's going to take some time--perhaps a very, very long time--for GAF to become like it's used to, that is if it's even possible.

Top Bottom