• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The game you put most hours into

Easily Warframe, at a little over 1000 hours, which is fucking obscene compared to my time investment in other games. Its my 'default' game more or less.

But that formula of dropping into a dynamic mission where I can set up my own loadout is pretty much a guaranteed formula for me, provided the moment to moment gameplay is solid.

So it probably followed by Diablo 3: ROS, for the same reasons.

I have recorded my playtime for a long time, even if there isn't an option available to check it in game. I usually have a stopwatch going whenever i'm playing something, it's become a little side hobby i suppose.

Overall my most hours are from runescape sitting at 5430hrs. Haven't touched it in years though. 2nd most played is league of legends at 3314 hours. The rest doesn't even come close to these two.

274 hours and climbing on PUBG, that's my most played on Steam.

My most played game ever is probably Star Wars Galaxies, until the NGE ruined it I played a ridiculous amount. I had two accounts, and I grinded Jedi at the camp pretty much as soon as it was released (I ended up with a few free trees because I did most of the hologrind). I wish I could estimate how many hours but it was definitely an obscene amount.

Like a lot of people, World Of Warcraft. I was in a top ten guild world-wide in Vanilla and BC, so the hours were insane. Quit and came back for every expansion at one point after BC, but never stuck around long. Have not played Legion or Draneor. Every once and a while I dearly miss WoW. I would probably give it another shot if I had a pc or laptop.

Catdaddy

WoW - played 10 years and quit for a large backlog of games. The time played would be measured by a calendar. I had something like 16 level 85+ across two servers (one Horde , one Alliance) when I quit. Thought about going back but don't feel like relearning the games, as Blizz like to overhaul (balance) classes every few patches.

Planet Coaster, 2000 hours and counting. Will probably get to 5000 hours in 2 years if I continue with this pace. But i dont know if would call building non stop playing lol
The game is just going to celebrate its first anniversary BTW.

After that, probably Super Smash Bros Melee with a friend.

If MMO's count then WoW, I calculated it out before I quit at the end of WOTLK and I had spent roughly 1/6 of the total time of my Sophomore-Senior years of highschool playing WoW so about 4000 hours of nothing but WoW over the course of three years.... Yeah it was bad

Next up would be if Moba's count then LoL, overall I've probably played about 1.5k hours of actual in game time since the first beta, more if we include sitting around in lobbies.

If neither of those count strangely enough I think No Man's Sky is my most played game overall with ~200 hours total played. Despite the game being pretty shallow, something about it's relaxing nature lets me just turn off my brain and chill out, which I've really needed the last year.

Zackat

WoW by a lot. Like probably 10k+ hours over 13 years.

I have been playing it for basically its entire release though.

SWG was a lot as well, probably 2k-3k hours or more.

I played a lot of MMORPGs

Valahart

Probably Melee as I was very into competitive back in the day.

Right now that I know of it's Enter the Gungeon at 135h. Can't wait to double when the update and the DLC release.

World of Warcraft easily. 200+ days is alot of hours, but on the same character since 2005 it is not that much spread out since that.

Some years i have "no-lifed" WoW and then gotten back to not playing it at all for long stretches.

But all in all overall WoW is by all likelihood the most hours spent.

I_D

This thread pops up every month or so, and my answer is always the same.

Diablo 2, without question.

From June, 2000 to June 2011. A minimum of at least 5 hours per day, every single day. It was more like 8 hours, but I'll call it 5 to be fair to days off and whatnot.

So roughly 20,000 hours.

Not

Banned
Besides Smash Bros Melee and Double Dash, Breath of the Wild easily. Never clocked more than 100 hours in a single player game ever.

Of games I can actually check, it's between FFXIV and Team Fortress 2. 1200 hours on TF2, 1030 on FFXIV. Overall, though, I played PSO and FFXI certainly a lot more than that.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Single Player: Breath of the Wild 300 hours (I never put more than 75 hours in a single player game before this)

Multiplayer : Smash Melee: 1500 hours over 10 years

Rua

Around 3600 hours in FFXIV. Next would be Warframe at 1100.

Online games are such a time sink. Don't think I've ever put more than 100 hours into a single player game like the ones people are posting about here. That's some crazy value they're getting out of them.

badflame

Banned
Skyrim.

theelderscrollsv_skyrikm25.gif

In second place, "Just Cause 2" to get all achievements.

giphy.gif

Thinking on it the answer is most likely DMC3, RE4 or Fire Emblem (GBA). All of those were games that I put an insane amount of time into in high school, doing multiple playthroughs back to back at times and I still pick all of them up now and then today to play again. I wish I could see my actual play time for all of them.

Most recently Bloodborne is the one I have put a ton of time into and still start up new games or go back to my old profile to play through Chalice Dungeons on occasion. I have a ton of files on it which I've deleted, so I don't know the exact amount of time in this either, but I have to imagine it's over 400 hours at this point.

mclem

I recall being somewhat impressed as I approached 200 hours in PSOEp1+2, I thought that was a sheer quantity of gaming that would never be matched.

I am approaching twice as many - 400 - in WoW. But there, it's days

On a single character.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
1500+ D1 but honestly i think i put more hours into V8SC/TOCA 1/2/3 or GranTurismo 5 or even COD4MW (original)

Greedings

I love how this thread is:

MMORPGs "Yeah, I played literal months of in game time, I hate myself."

Multiplayer games "Maybe about 1000 hours."

Single player games "I put 200 hours into it!"

BasilZero

Ragnarok Online - I spent hundreds of hours for sure playing private servers from 2007 to 2012.

Anyways, non-MMO wise I would say

Pokemon Blue (GBC across 20 playthroughs) 700+ hours
Disgaea (PS2+PC) - 400+ hours
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (PC + GCN) - 300+ hours
Left 4 Dead 2 (PC) - 160+ hours
Final Fantasy IX (PSX + PC) - 150+ hours
Final Fantasy VII (PSX + PC) - 130+ hours
Final Fantasy VI (SNES + PSX + GBA) - 250+ hours
Final Fantasy IV (SNES + GBA + PSX + PSP + NDS) - 250+ hours
Chrono Trigger (SNES + PSX) - 300+ hours

pakkit

Banned
About to hit 1500 on Rocket League.

I'd imagine I was close to that number in my Halo: Reach days.

Although, the real answer is probably online Scrabble. Haven't stopped playing that since 2003.

For single player games, the answer is probably the Witcher 3 at around 160 hours.

For multiplayer, probably Battlefield Vietnam. In an age before games actually had the ablitity to show you your playtime, i have to estimate easily 500+ hours. After that, Day of Defeat source. It only shows 60 hours played on steam, but that discounts the hundreds of hours i put into it before steam started logging time palyed sometime in 2007/8 or so.

Single palyer stuff is harder to say. Maybe the souls games, as i have 180 hours on Dark Souls on PC alone, not counting a similar amount on PS3 and 360.

Dragon's Dogma, with 130 hours played. I didn't manage to finished Bitterblack Isle although I did get the Platinum trophy, and I intend to get the PS4 remaster some time down the road.

After that would probably come Demon's Souls with about 100 hours across a few different playthroughs, and Final Fantasy VII which I have played through 3 times and got everything 1 time (Gold Chocobo/Knights of the Round), so that probably amounts to significantly above 100 hours in total.

pakkit

Banned
I love how this thread is:

MMORPGs "Yeah, I played literal months of in game time, I hate myself."

Multiplayer games "Maybe about 1000 hours."

Single player games "I put 200 hours into it!"

There's a reason I've never played an MMORPG.

Won't touch heroin, won't buy an MMORPG.

Its Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, 350 hours in one character (a Dark Elf) on Xbox 360 another 150 hours (also Dark Elf) in another character also put another 50 hours into a wood elf thief character.

Then I bought Oblivion on the PC and put in another 100 or so hours with mods, so I probably put around 650 hours total into Oblivion across the 360 and PC.

KorrZ

World of Warcraft for 100000% sure.

I remember at one point doing a /played on one of my characters and the output was like 326 days. Days.

That's like 7824 hours. This was on only one of my characters (albeit the most played by far for sure). Scary stuff....6 years of my life in an ether.

Grampasso

WoW, my main character /played was more than 1 year (I don't remember how many days more), so for sure it's OVER 9000 hours

yyr

I have 326 cumulative hours on In The Groove 2 according to my USB tracked stats. So in reality it's probably around 350 or so. I probably have at least the same number of hours on DDR throughout the years, if not more. Since they could practically be considered the same game, I'm going to say that my 700+ hours on those is the most for me.

Of course, I can turn this around a different way. I spent over 1000 hours developing Snake360, so I can honestly say that's the game I put the most hours into...

FinalAres

I put several thousand hours into Final Fantasy XI.

Weirdly, even though looking back I know I was addicted...I don't regret it. It was so fun. And I didn't have a lot else going on at the time. I was pretty happy.

Top Bottom