• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Direct - January 18th, 4PM CST (Japan confirmed, FE Mobile unveiling)

Malyse

p74tgA1.png

Sequel time

do it Bayonetta/Metroid Prime style

Memory

Beyond hyped, i'm guessing its the mobile game and how it links with the Switch. Hoping the Warriors game is far enough along also.

Astral Dog

Yeah. This is super weird. If you have more to show, then at least say so.
I'm fearing that Awakening and Fates will basically dominante the Lineup, sadly. Don't care for those characters at all. So I'm rooting for as many Tellius, Elibe and Judgral characters as possible.
They make those Warrior games like yearly

NeonZ

I think the line up of FE Warriors could be focused on just 3 games or so if they want unique characters to fill each army's line up - so, each lord would need to be accompained by a few secondary characters from their own games. They hopefully will go with Revelations for Fates though, rather than separating Nohr and Hoshido into their own forces.

What if this is the mobile game

I think it was confirmed to be a SRPG at some point though.

If this does feature a good chunk of FE Warriors, there's only about six weeks til release of the Switch, do you think Nintendo may do a Direct each week to keep hype going?

Xenoblade Direct
Virtual Console Direct
Zelda Direct
Launch Line Up In Focus Direct
Splatoon 2 Direct
Mario Kart Direct

Azuran

Banned
Fire Emblem's growth in the past few years has been nothing short than amazing. Who knew the franchise which had games selling for up to $150 because they were so rare to find would suddenly get so big?

I'm looking forward whatever they bring out.

I'm loving that FE is becoming a main Nintendo franchise

No need for C-tier franchises like Metroid anymore.

Cerium

Yeah, now it's getting all the fun crossovers and multi-milion main series sales.

It's kind of funny, really. The start of Fire Emblem's global success comes down to one simple question that many GameCube owners once had: "Who is this 'Marth' guy and why is he in Smash Bros?"

Here's to you Super Smash Bros. Melee. Thank you for introducing the rest of the world to Fire Emblem.
Just. As. Planned.

Mr T.

Banned
Mobile game full reveal with price and release date.

Ends presentation with a hint or teaser of the next game for Nintendo Switch. Nintendo is gonna throw a feel better bone to those who preordered.

jRPG

I'd die happy if Path Of Radiance was announced for Switch VC. I can't see it just being the mobile game and Warriors. At the same time, if they had something bigger, would they really save it for less than a week after the main presentation?

ryseing

I'd die happy if Path Of Radiance was announced for Switch VC. I can't see it just being the mobile game and Warriors.

Fuck that, Radiant Duology port. Fix the bugs of the NA release and add more connectivity from PoR to RD.

Menitta

Not gonna get my expectations too high, but this was easily the most exciting news. I really hope we see some gameplay for FE Warriors.

I'm loving that FE is becoming a main Nintendo franchise

I'm a little torn; I love that the games have the popularity I always felt they deserved, but I'm not sure if I like how the exposure has changed them. I compare the GBA and GC titles to the more recent ones and... I dunno.

Maybe it's just in my head, lol.

ANYWAY! Looking forward to seeing more FE Warriors stuff, especially HECTOR DA GAWD who will of course be in the game, or else.

I'm a little torn; I love that the games have the popularity I always felt they deserved, but I'm not sure if I like how the exposure has changed them. I compare the GBA and GC titles to the more recent ones and... I dunno.

Maybe it's just in my head, lol.

ANYWAY! Looking forward to seeing more FE Warriors stuff, especially HECTOR DA GAWD who will of course be in the game, or else.

You're not alone. Gameplay is still great, bad anime bullshit is horrendous.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Fuck that, Radiant Duology port. Fix the bugs of the NA release and add more connectivity from PoR to RD.

I'd be over the fucking moon if something like that happened. Played the GC one last year, and it was incredible. By far my favorite in the series.

L95

Are you talking about the easy mode data transfer bug? Later prints of RD fixed that, if you didn't know. If you're talking about something else then nvm :)

I'd be down for some spruced up ports of FE9 and 10 tho.

If there is gameplay footage a week away... and you don't it show it at the big presentation...

Nintendo is not making sense to me right now, and I usually give them the benefit of the doubt.

jmizzal

Mobile game full reveal with price and release date.

Ends presentation with a hint or teaser of the next game for Nintendo Switch. Nintendo is gonna throw a feel better bone to those who preordered.

I really wish the mobile game would be playable on Switch in tablet mode I dont understand why Nintendo is not putting their mobile games on Switch.

Obviously you cant play them on the tv, but I dont think anybody will have a prob with that since they are not full priced games.

Mario Run
Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing mobile at launch would be great

TreIII

And hell while we're at it start begging them for older games officially translated and released on VC

At this point, they'd probably think it'd be a better use of their time to just start remaking and expanding some of these titles, with FE4 probably the one most ripe for such treatment. The Jugdral series probably won't ever be properly showcased in crossover material like FE Musou or Smash until those games are available for a larger audience to play (and with modern conveniences to boot).

So, after two new games that have already done quite well for them, I'm hoping somebody is thinking about revisiting Jugdral in some way.

ryseing

Are you talking about the easy mode data transfer bug? Later prints of RD fixed that, if you didn't know. If you're talking about something else then nvm :)

I'd be down for some spruced up ports of FE9 and 10 tho.

I was talking about the data transfer bug, yeah. I have a first print copy so I didn't know that bug was fixed. Good to know.

Neoxon

I'm only really expecting the direct to show off the mobile game & Fire Emblem Warriors. Hopefully the latter digs into the other FE games rather than just Marth's two games, Awakening, & Fates (since the teaser trailer only represented Chrom & Lucina, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, and Marth).

bman94

Probably being way to hopeful, but I hope the inevitable mobile game is a remaster or set of remasters of some of the old games that didnt make it to the US.

Edit: Also what's the point of asking for a Fates port? The game already had a massive successful launch and nothing currently about the Switcb would make it any better other than graphical overhaul, which isn't needed for the game anyway. I'd rather them work on the next FE or do something new with the IP.

Red Devil

I wonder if we'll see anything of Warriors.

Probably being way to hopeful, but I hope the inevitable mobile game is a remaster or set of remasters of some of the old games that didnt make it to the US.

Nah, it'll be some crappy spin-off or companion app or something.

TDLink

If this does feature a good chunk of FE Warriors, there's only about six weeks til release of the Switch, do you think Nintendo may do a Direct each week to keep hype going?

Xenoblade Direct
Virtual Console Direct
Zelda Direct
Launch Line Up In Focus Direct
Splatoon 2 Direct
Mario Kart Direct
I hope so. I'm not holding my breath but I'd like to see more things confirmed for launch, or at least March.

L95

I wonder if we'll see anything of Warriors.

Nah, it'll be some crappy spin-off or companion app or something.
IIRC, they said something a while back that implied it was a 'game' instead of a companion app... So I've been personally expecting a spin-off.

Top Bottom