• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 is an Xbox Play Anywhere title (Buy once, play on PC and X1)

Mrbob

Cool but I'll still just buy it on Steam. It's kind of weird of Dead Rising 4 was not Play Anywhere yet RE7 is.

Probably better news for Scorpio game performance upgrade.

Bsigg12

Right, but I'm saying that VR support is questionable.
Vive is Valve's baby so I doubt any Vive titles will be supported in a Window's Store product. Oculus perhaps, but we haven't seen any VR titles in the Windows 10 Store yet to my knowledge, have we?

Vive is just a device for OpenVR. Microsoft is supporting VR and AR devices in a significant way with their Creators Update or whatever in a couple months. We'll see what that means for Windows Store content when it rolls out.

Also, Microsoft demos Vives and Rifts at their stores.

Warablo

Microsoft is basically hoping that eventually all your games are on Xbox One and PC so you wont bother with Steam.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ahh, though there is cross-play in Gears 4... in horde mode anyway.

There is, but not in PvP modes.

They have turned that on/off a few times but Play Anywhere just means you get access to the game anywhere you can use your MS account with the saves/stats or whatever.

Hip Hop

Microsoft is basically hoping that eventually all your games are on Xbox One and PC so you wont bother with Steam.

I would definitely consider it if they offer more cross play titles (even if I don't own an Xbox).

It would be a great incentive for multiplayer games that don't get as much traffic on PC but do on Xbox.

Interfectum

This seems like more of a shot at PS4 right now. I can't imagine many PC only gamers caring much about owning a console version too and leaving Steam to deal with the MS Store. Scorpio and more MS hardware solutions could change that up in the future I guess.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
That's pretty cool, I'll be playing on PS4 Pro and/or VR myself.

Capcom really haven't put a foot wrong with this so far, surprisingly.

Jameson

Mrbob

This seems like more of a shot at PS4 right now. I can't imagine many PC only gamers caring much about owning a console version too and leaving Steam to deal with the MS Store. Scorpio and more MS hardware solutions could change that up in the future I guess.

Yeah there really isn't anything MS can do to slow down steam even if they wanted too. Which I'm not convinced they do. Steam helps keep Windows relevant and the desires of the Windows team might be different than Xbox.

rpmboy

Ahh, though there is cross-play in Gears 4... in horde mode anyway.

Your original post mentioned there possibly being a problem with KBM users versus controller users. You were clearly referring to PvP modes, as was I. The problem you proposed doesn't need to exist, as cross play PvP is not a requirement for multiplayer games, as seen in Gears 4. (Yes, I know there was that one test weekend, emphasis on test)

Play Anywhere is only useful to you if Xbox One is your main gaming platform. I thought some of you would have figured that out now.

WadeitOut

Definitely getting it digitally now.

I'm immune to hate jerks so I personally could care less if it's from the Microsoft Store or not. No other platform allows me to go back and forth between PC and console.

Theorry

FH3 is not well optimized

But what has this to do with the Win10 store ?

Nothing. The Forza engine is to custom build for consoles. Hopefully that improve in the future. And then we have Gears 4 wich is maybe the best optimized game of the last years on PC.

Jafku

It sucks people are pretty dismissive. This is kinda big. Maybe they can get more third parties to hop on board and provide more Xbox Play Anywhere titles. Getting 2 copies for the price of one is huge for bigger games

cakely

Well, good.

I'll be getting RE VII for the PSVR, though. If I ever want to play the PC version, I'd snag it on Steam.

I'm assuming the Windows store version of RE VII will account for about 2% of sales since there's also a Steam version available.

Bl@de

Great bonus for XB1 players. I went with Steam because of proper Win32 and streaming. And codes are a lot cheaper.

Izuna

Banned
It sucks people are pretty dismissive. This is kinda big. Maybe they can get more third parties to hop on board and provide more Xbox Play Anywhere titles. Getting 2 copies for the price of one is huge for bigger games

They're dismissive because it's Xbox/Windows Store.

It's like double anti-MS.

Play Anywhere usually means better deals for Xbox. Worked that way with FH3 and Gears at least.

I think this is more indicative of Scorpio version than anything else.
Yep I said this a month or so back. Scorpio, Xbox One, Windows Store will soon all share the same pool. Scorpio dev kits will be the basis of development helping to ensure devs making Win10 games now will be able to bring the benefits to Scorpio right away. It's likely Capcom doing the ground work right now so that when Scorpio is here, the work is already done. They were already making a Win10 version anyways so the work for Scorpio is essentially "done" for them already

Finally, first big third party, brand new Play Anywhere game that people will care about.

I'm not interested in the initiative right now as I'm still buying boxed software for my One and my PC wouldn't be able to run the games, but it's useful for those that want it and MS's commitment to Play Anywhere always seemed pathetic when it was only really first party games and the odd third party game (like Shadow Complex remastered) that were guaranteed to support it.

But yeah, this is huge. While PlayStation developers wrapped up cross-purchasing with smaller, indie titles, nearly every big game must be bought separately on PS4 or PS Vita because of the development costs involved in making the second version. Repackaging an existing PC game on the Windows/Xbox Store isn't going to be anywhere near as much work as making a Vita version, so hopefully other publishers are onboard.

shanew21

Forza Horizon 3's W10 performance and their ineptitude to fix the issues completely destroyed any confidence I had in Xbox Play Anywhere.

Hopefully it runs better.

This had nothing to do with the fact that it was Play Anywhere. It was just a poor port. Compare to Gears, which ran buttery smooth.

xam3l

But it's on Steam, why would you go for W10.

I really hate this mindset. This is why we cant have nice things. Its all about Options.

I went from mildly interested on this game to very interested just for this opportunity of having "two copies" with cross-saving.

WadeitOut

I drew a Venn diagram of people who think this is bad and people who think EA Access isn't worth it;

orange.jpg

This is pretty cool, but I'm still getting the game on PS4 because of PSVR support. I played the demo everywhere, and it's easily the best in VR.

Top Bottom