• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fail & More Fail: GAF Tells REAL Stupid Owner Stories.

Sometimes when I'm playing Rock Band alone, my stick gets like caught under the pad, and I get all screwed up. I actually get embarrassed even though I'm alone.

when i was like 5 years old i decided i wanted to be a game developer...so i made a Rygar 2 cartridge out of wood and nearly broke my uncles NES trying to shove that thing in there. I honestly thought it would work :(

HUELEN10

DMeisterJ said:
Wow. She's dumb.

I just don't comprehend putting more than one in... Does she put her credit card in slots on her computer when she shops on Amazon?
I think it is the fact that the Wii has a universal slot-loader. It is for 8 and 12CM circular discs and nothing more, but try telling HER that.

Progmetal

HUELEN10 said:
I told her that all she needed to do was put in her credit card when prompted on the Shop Channel

Technically you told her to put the card in, and not the numbers. :lol

Unbelivable! The not so tech-savvy people still thinks the computer is the screen only, and then you have the odd box on the floor.

this guy

HUELEN10 said:
I think it is the fact that the Wii has a universal slot-loader. It is for 8 and 12CM circular discs and nothing more, but try telling HER that.
I'd be surprised if this woman knew the difference between the numbers 8 and 12 at all.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
McBacon said:
I dunno dude, but the only complaint he had about his set up was...

get this...

BLACK BARS in Dead Space!

im dying here

edit:

well i bought my sister the new tomb raider for x-mas... she then wanted to play it and i had to watch her doing stuff in the very first floor for almost 10min.
than i got angry and told her to run the fuck around this god damn corner...

junker

I had no idea what "demo" meant.

My cousin and I used to put Defender on the Atari 2600 in demo mode and press buttons and move the trackball around thinking we were doing something. I thought it was some kind of beginners mode that assisted you.

Dude, DUDE. You told her to get Sonic 2 on the SMS over the FUCKING GENESIS SONIC 2? Are you exceptionally dense or just trying to be intentionally elitist?

Threi

notag
my little cousins just got a 360 this christmas to play...get this...

OFFLINE ON A TUBE TV WITH COMPOSITE CABLES!!!

ARE THEY IDIOTS OR WHAT? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

OMG IM DYING
:lol :lol :lol

HUELEN10

HK-47 said:
You fail for recommending AC
How so? Her kids loved the DS one.
evilromero said:
Dude, DUDE. You told her to get Sonic 2 on the SMS over the FUCKING GENESIS SONIC 2? Are you exceptionally dense or just trying to be intentionally elitist?
Dad has a genny with tons of games. Sonic 2 8-bit is good.

andymcc

Banned
Not as stupid per se, but makes you think about the living standards of some people...

A few years ago when I worked at ebgames, me and my manager had two customers approach the counter. They were somewhere in their thirties, dressed in bulky khaki-colored carhart overalls. They placed a rather battered older ps2 on the counter with one of those extended warranties we used to offer. They claimed the system started sparking and won't power on anymore. We took it back no questions asked because the old warranty covered physical damage.

After they left, my manager opened the expansion bay, he turned pale and appeared to be close to throwing up. He ran the ps2 into the backroom almost immediately. when the store was empty he took me to the backroom, strangely the ps2 was triple-bagged in trash bags.

He showed me what was wrong with it.

It seemed roaches had made the ps2 their home and chewed up pieces of the inside. There were charred remains of several roaches, in addition to a lot of living ones to. He called the district manager the next day to fumigate the store.

Threi said:
my little cousins just got a 360 this christmas to play...get this...

OFFLINE ON A TUBE TV WITH COMPOSITE CABLES!!!

ARE THEY IDIOTS OR WHAT? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

OMG IM DYING
:lol :lol :lol
:lol

this thread needs pics of the DSi manual :lol :lol

edit:

dontdods1_news.jpg

dontdods5_news.jpg

So these are the type of people these are for :lol

HUELEN10

andymcc said:
Not as stupid per se, but makes you think about the living standards of some people...

A few years ago when I worked at ebgames, me and my manager had two customers approach the counter. They were somewhere in their thirties, dressed in bulky khaki-colored carhart overalls. They placed a rather battered older ps2 on the counter with one of those extended warranties we used to offer. They claimed the system started sparking and won't power on anymore. We took it back no questions asked because the old warranty covered physical damage.

After they left, my manager opened the expansion bay, he turned pale and appeared to be close to throwing up. He ran the ps2 into the backroom almost immediately. when the store was empty he took me to the backroom, strangely the ps2 was triple-bagged in trash bags.

It seemed roaches had made the ps2 their home and chewed up pieces of the inside. Their were charred remains of several roaches, in addition to a lot of living ones to. He called the district manager the next day to fumigate the store.
Damn that's some NASTY shit.

Zoe

Tobor said:
The next Nintendo system should have a credit card reader built in. :lol

They actually have a peripheral along those lines for the PS3 in Japan. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't done it yet.

andymcc said:

It seemed roaches had made the ps2 their home and chewed up pieces of the inside. Their were charred remains of several roaches, in addition to a lot of living ones to. He called the district manager the next day to fumigate the store.

I've heard of this happening with cable boxes :X

ashism

Year's ago when I worked at a game shop we had a kid bring in a PSP and a bunch his UMD's.
We open up his PSP to find a UMD disc in the drive. No not the UMD disc inside of the little plastic housing, he actually ripped the disc out of the housing. The disc was badly scratched in the extraction process, and obviously the disc never read.
On top of that he had five more little UMD games ripped out of their housing to go along with it. When we told the poor kid's mom why we couldn't take the system and what her special child has done, she looked pretty pissed.

OP wins though, hands down, the end. I hope she tells a coworker or a friend the story so they can laugh at her ineptness with technology too!

Wizpig

HUELEN10 said:
My neighbors which I don't really know to well to begin with, got their kids a Wii for Xmas. They got no games for it, but they did get a Classic Controller as well as an additional Nunchuck Combo and a carrying case. They asked me what games they recommended, and I decided to recommend them the Animal Crossing City Folk/Wii Speak bundle, Wario Land Shake It,Mario Kart Wii, and Super mario Galaxy. I also recommended them some VC games including Super mario World, and Sonic 2 8-bit.

Anywho, the Mom asks me what VC is, and I told her. I told her that all she needed to do was put in her credit card when prompted on the Shop Channel, and get the amount of points she wanted. I also told her what WiiSpeak is, and how to connect her Wii to the internet via an ethernet connection.

Anywho, I got a call today from the mom telling me that the Wii is not working. I asked what was wrong and you won't believe it.........

SHE PHYSICALLY PUT 3 CREDIT CARDS INTO THE DISC SLOT.
HOW STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
...No way.
I feel bad for those kids and the husband.

a few years ago, when i was playing my DS, an old lady approached me and asked how much that tiny laptop costs, and where i got it from. i had to explain that it was a videogame system, not a laptop.

Chris R

When I was a little kid, only possessing a Gameboy and a NES, I went over to a friend of my parents house to be babysat. Not only did they have a SNES, but they also had a SUPER GAME BOY. Needless to say, I plopped my copy of Zelda:LA into the slot and then spent the next THREE HOURS trying to turn the damn SNES on. Finally I gave up, but just as I did, the oldest son walked in and I asked him how to turn it on... he said slide it up :( I had been trying to press the damn thing IN for hours, just like the NES :(

Not gaming related, but I used to work at an office supplies store a few years back....

This guy comes in with a wall phone, says the caller ID display is broken, and it only displays "John Doe". It was pretty obvious what was going on, but I asked him a few more questions anyway, and he said it looked like the numbers were displaying "underneath" the John Doe text. So he produces the box with the phone in it, I open it up, peel off the display sticker, and he should be all set.

Nope.

He DOESN'T BELIEVE ME, and I have to spend another 10 minutes convincing the guy that his phone is fine. That's by far my most memorable story in this vein.

Danielsan

junker said:
I had no idea what "demo" meant.

My cousin and I used to put Defender on the Atari 2600 in demo mode and press buttons and move the trackball around thinking we were doing something. I thought it was some kind of beginners mode that assisted you.
Something similar happened to me when I was a kid.
I had borrowed Worms 1 for the original playstation and when selecting the teams they were automatically set up as NPCs (I think). So I had been "playing" worms for over a week, without actually playing...

Revolver

Can't top the OP, but one of the worst I've come across was a neighbor that feared using a PC because he thought that viruses actually caused the user to get physically ill.

HUELEN10

Revolver said:
Can't top the OP, but one of the worst I've come across was a neighbor that feared using a PC because he thought that viruses actually caused the user to get physically ill.
THAT JUST BEAT THE OP

HUELEN10 said:
Here is one that I have to tell right now. because it just happened like 15 minutes ago and it fails SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard.

My neighbors which I don't really know to well to begin with, got their kids a Wii for Xmas. They got no games for it, but they did get a Classic Controller as well as an additional Nunchuck Combo and a carrying case. They asked me what games they recommended, and I decided to recommend them the Animal Crossing City Folk/Wii Speak bundle, Wario Land Shake It,Mario Kart Wii, and Super mario Galaxy. I also recommended them some VC games including Super mario World, and Sonic 2 8-bit.

Anywho, the Mom asks me what VC is, and I told her. I told her that all she needed to do was put in her credit card when prompted on the Shop Channel, and get the amount of points she wanted. I also told her what WiiSpeak is, and how to connect her Wii to the internet via an ethernet connection.

Anywho, I got a call today from the mom telling me that the Wii is not working. I asked what was wrong and you won't believe it.........

SHE PHYSICALLY PUT 3 CREDIT CARDS INTO THE DISC SLOT.
HOW STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Also while putting the Wii Speak on top of her sensor bar, she apparently cracked it open. Just ugh. I told her she has to cancel her cards and call Nintendo for a 75USD repair, and now she expects ME to pay for this. Her husband is on my side of the issue, but she is steaming at me right now. Seriously, she put in 1, and thought that that one could not be accepted, so she kept putting them in and they will not come out. I might try to remove them tomorrow with her hubby while she is away on a business trip. The dude's cool, but fuck the wife...

Anywho, post your stories. Clearly there is more stupid to go around no?
29mveoo.jpg

NekoFever

Revolver said:
There are a lot of similar stories on Computer Stupidities. One guy on there kept his floppies in airtight bags so that they wouldn't catch airborne viruses and someone else physically quarantined one of them that had a virus so that it couldn't affect the others.

People and technology just don't mix.

panda21

HUELEN10 said:
I told her that all she needed to do was put in her credit card when prompted on the Shop Channel, and get the amount of points she wanted.

technically, she did exactly what you told her to.. :lol

Colocho

Banned
NekoFever said:
There are a lot of similar stories on Computer Stupidities. One guy on there kept his floppies in airtight bags so that they wouldn't catch airborne viruses and someone else physically quarantined one of them that had a virus so that it couldn't affect the others.

People and technology just don't mix.
:lol

Iksenpets

Banned
This one's not really game related, but several years back my mom used to work in computer technical assistance, and one day she came home from work with a story of an old lady who called in trying to find out why her computer wasn't turning on. As it turned out, she had never plugged it in because she believed that it was powered by using the mouse as a foot pedal.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I don't know if this qualifies but I thought Monkey Island 1 was a beat em up so I kept search for the "punch" and "kick" button and get rid of the stupid "use" "pick up" ones .

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
When I was a kid, my genesis stopped working. So, thinking that it wasn't getting power. I pulled out the power jack (with the adapter still plugged into the wall) and touched it to my tongue.

I've been sexually confused ever since.

Top Bottom